Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Where is Sue Grey’s report?…

Blinkingbatshit · 27/01/2022 14:48

….just wondering if anyone’s has knowledge (or theories) as to why it was promised yesterday but so far has failed to appear?!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Blinkingbatshit · 27/01/2022 14:49

Anyone, sorry - NEED an edit button!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Fallagain · 27/01/2022 14:49

I think it won’t be released until the police agree/have finished their investigation.

Please
or

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat · 27/01/2022 14:50

It forms part of the evidence for the police investigation now, they'll decide if /when it can be released.

Please
or

CovidCorvid · 27/01/2022 14:53

@GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat

It forms part of the evidence for the police investigation now, they'll decide if /when it can be released.

The Met have said they have no objections to the report being published now.
Please
or

CovidCorvid · 27/01/2022 14:53

Please
or

MayThePawsBeWithYou · 27/01/2022 14:54

Who promised it would be published yesterday

Please
or

Blinkingbatshit · 27/01/2022 14:54

Ah, thank you…..and do we think Cressida’s met has done this to give BoJo a chance to see it first?….do you think they’ll sit on it till they reckon we’ve forgotten /it’s old news?! Or is it genuine? So sad that the first thing I look for these days is the ulterior motive🙁

OP's posts:
Please
or

mewkins · 27/01/2022 14:55

@GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat

Apparently the Met are not telling them that it can't be made public. Though it's quite possible that Boris will try to use any excuse to keep all or some of it hidden from public view.
Please
or

OhYouBadBadKitten · 27/01/2022 14:57

I reckon they've got lawyers on it redacting anything and everything purportedly in the name of security or national interest, but in reality blacking out all the incriminating stuff.

Please
or

EmmaH2022 · 27/01/2022 14:58

Larry is holding it hostage till they get him a speedy delivery of enough smoked salmon to serve birthday party canapes.

Please
or

Unphased · 27/01/2022 15:02

I’d rather Parliament concentrate on running country, inflation going sky high, gas and Electric to at least double in price later this year, housing unaffordable if there is any available, roads full of pot holes, Covid still lingering, Russia maybe about to invade, etc etc, all seems far more important than worrying about was it a party or a work do, I know loads of people that broke actual Covid rules, I would imagine most people did in one way or another

Please
or

Blinkingbatshit · 27/01/2022 15:02

Isn’t Larry going to be keen to get it out there?….may save him from Dilyn?🤷🏼‍♀️

OP's posts:
Please
or

Blinkingbatshit · 27/01/2022 15:04

Thing is @Unphased - with all those things you mention going on I would really rather those at the helm were law abiding people with an ability to tell truth from lie….

OP's posts:
Please
or

TooBigForMyBoots · 27/01/2022 15:07

PM Johnson has given it to his mate Cressida, to get her thoughts before going public with it.Wink

Please
or

Soffit · 27/01/2022 15:10

Sue is part of the problem, not the solution. I bet there aren't many degrees of separation between herself and some of the party attendees. Infact, I am waiting for a story to break in which it is revealed that she attended one or two of them herself! There isn't even a paltry attempt to create a semblance of neutrality. A neutral report would have been out last week. This one will be out once Boris has got his affairs in order and his stories straight and recruited his successor etc.

Please
or

Whydidimarryhim · 27/01/2022 15:22

Yes it’s completed - it should be in the public domain.

Please
or

Baystard · 27/01/2022 15:23

In a fridge.

Please
or

HollowTalk · 27/01/2022 15:24

I think it's with a legal team who are redacting staff names so that they aren't published.

Please
or

BeKind2022 · 27/01/2022 15:25

@Baystard

In a fridge.

😂😂😂😂
Please
or

Bunce1 · 27/01/2022 15:26

@Unphased

I’d rather Parliament concentrate on running country, inflation going sky high, gas and Electric to at least double in price later this year, housing unaffordable if there is any available, roads full of pot holes, Covid still lingering, Russia maybe about to invade, etc etc, all seems far more important than worrying about was it a party or a work do, I know loads of people that broke actual Covid rules, I would imagine most people did in one way or another

Exactly why we can’t have a self serving liar and his cronies leading the way. 😵‍💫
Please
or

HeronLanyon · 27/01/2022 15:26

Legal scrubbing was mentioned a lot last night. Checking no persons are identified who should not be or who are seemingly accused wrongly of misconduct etc. They’re trying to get it into form where further redactions won’t be necessary prior to wider publication.
Assumed that would be done by now.
Maybe it’s to give some time to pack bags over the weekend ?

Please
or

itsgettingweird · 27/01/2022 15:29

@Unphased

Well they maybe did.

But they weren't part of the party who created them.

And actually I don't trust someone to do all the above who had lied and broken their own rules.

So I'd like to know the truth to know if we have someone trustworthy doing all the above?
Please
or

Soffit · 27/01/2022 15:34

Well, if nobody agrees to taking over at the helm they could say that Dillyn -the-dog ate the report

Please
or

Unphased · 27/01/2022 15:35

Bunce1
But in the meantime all the focus is on a trivial matter, rather than addressing real life matters that could be the difference between people eating or heating, we will all have a chance at the next general election to have or say, get on with running the country

Please
or

HollowTalk · 27/01/2022 15:36

Well, those with parents, siblings, husbands and friends dying in hospital and care homes didn't break the rules, did they? My children couldn't be in the same room as their dad for several months before he died (he had a long illness and was in a hospital setting.) He died around the time that Boris and his mates were partying. You can't rule the country and have one rule for everyone else and one for yourself.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.