Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Are there any conspiracy theories you actually believe?

AnxiousAngelina · 07/12/2021 07:28

Inspired by another thread. Come on even if they're mad ones... fess up.

I cant remember the details but I remember doing a bit of online research years ago and thinking it's not 100% impossible that Tupac faked his death!

OP's posts:
Please
or

frenchfancy81 · 08/12/2021 00:19

@RonniePickering

I could believe there is one with 9/11 tbh. One of the terrorist's passports being found in the street always makes me hmm...

This intrigues me- what was this story? Thanks 😊
Please
or

Nimo12 · 08/12/2021 00:20

@frankie001

I think this whole thread is a conspiracy to get Wind of Change into everyone’s head. (It’s worked).

Haha I'm singing it in my head as i read 🤣
Please
or

Malibuismysecrethome · 08/12/2021 00:22

SSOYS that would make sense re the Nightingale hospitals. I always wondered where all the equipment went after.

Please
or

XDownwiththissortofthingX · 08/12/2021 00:32

EssexMum321 also for such a bad crash no other cars were involved

This is also untrue.

Witnesses stated that at the point of entering the tunnel the Mercedes was being swamped by photographers on motorcycles. It was also being pursued by other vehicles. There is forensic evidence that suggests that at some point, inside the tunnel but before the collision with the pillar, the Mercedes had contact with a white Fiat Uno, but the specific vehicle involved was never conclusively traced.

Please
or

Pinkbrush · 08/12/2021 00:40

Loving this thread

Please
or

PermanentTemporary · 08/12/2021 00:42

I don't see why finding the passport of a person who was on a plane, who would undoubtedly have had their passport with them, near the crash site is so extraordinary? All sorts of things do survive an event like that.

Please
or

Sparklfairy · 08/12/2021 00:51

@PermanentTemporary

I don't see why finding the passport of a person who was on a plane, who would undoubtedly have had their passport with them, near the crash site is so extraordinary? All sorts of things do survive an event like that.

The planes were incinerated. I believe the only IDs from victims recovered were ones from inside the towers, not the planes but happy to be corrected.

Love dry wit and sarcasm here about it www.theguardian.com/world/2002/mar/19/september11.iraq
Please
or

Georgy12 · 08/12/2021 00:56

@EmpressSuiko

I don’t believe Kurt Cobain killed himself

Why? Tbh never crossed my mind to question this one, it was more a question of when not if with Kurt Cobain as I remember.
Please
or

crymeapuddle · 08/12/2021 01:06

@Wokemon

David Kelly, that guy who was locked in a hold all in his bath, dodgy.

9/11 too, building 7.

There seemed to be dodginess about the Las Vegas shooting.

That wasn't David Kelly, it was Gareth Williams. Although the death of David Kelly did give rise to conspiracy theories also.
Please
or

PermanentTemporary · 08/12/2021 01:07

That opinion piece gets the name of the person whose passport was supposed to have been found wrong, and also the big punchline about not having found bin Laden is a bit outdated now.

Lots of paper items survived the crashes and fires. It doesn't take long on Google to read about them. Really random stuff.

Please
or

immersivereader · 08/12/2021 01:10

Daily Mail are paid by the Royals to keep people worked up about other stuff I. E. Immigration, covid, rather than revolting against the Royals.

Please
or

immersivereader · 08/12/2021 01:13

Please
or

Sparklfairy · 08/12/2021 01:24

@PermanentTemporary

That opinion piece gets the name of the person whose passport was supposed to have been found wrong, and also the big punchline about not having found bin Laden is a bit outdated now.

Lots of paper items survived the crashes and fires. It doesn't take long on Google to read about them. Really random stuff.

Of course its outdated, it was written only 6 months after 9/11. I didn't say she was right in everything she said. I just liked the "isn't it weird the terrorists keep losing things, need manuals for everything and just conveniently leave them lying around" Grin

That sort of line is a true conspiracy theorists dream Wink
Please
or

Bouledeneige · 08/12/2021 01:24

The earth is definitely flat.

Not much of a professional hit if it could've been foiled by simply wearing a seatbelt. That was hubris more like.

In truth the only one I might believe is MM.

Please
or

XDownwiththissortofthingX · 08/12/2021 01:26

Why? Tbh never crossed my mind to question this one, it was more a question of when not if with Kurt Cobain as I remember

Despite the fact that all his closest acquaintances that had known him for years have stated since that he was in a sorry state for weeks and weeks leading up to his death, mired in heroin and alcohol addiction, becoming more and more withdrawn, sullen, despondent, forlorn and so on...

Nope, Courtney Love supposedly either blew the love of her life's brains out, or hired someone else to do it.

They were utterly besotted with each other. They had just started a family. Why on earth would she murder him? Even though she was a mess herself, why on earth would she kill the golden goose? It's not like her own career ever had the sort of fame or earning power of Kurt's. Why would she deprive her daughter of a father that has only ever been described as loving and doting on his child?

Please
or

westofnormal · 08/12/2021 01:27

Half of them are believable or plausible. And the flat earth one isn't so weird, it just brings out bullies who for some reason feel really smart for repeating what they were taught in school. The most obviously true one is that 9/11 was not genuine. They use that phrase to discredit open minded people. Ivermectin works too, and it''s no conspiracy. It's wrongthink.

Please
or

westofnormal · 08/12/2021 01:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

BoudecaBains · 08/12/2021 01:36

No,

Please
or

XDownwiththissortofthingX · 08/12/2021 01:41

Tolls these days Sad

Far too heavy with the teen edgelord vibes and nowhere near enough actual wit.

Please
or

XDownwiththissortofthingX · 08/12/2021 01:41

Trolls* obvs

Please
or

JeffThePilot · 08/12/2021 02:00

“Facts” 😂😂😂

You’ll be telling me Avril Lavigne died and was replaced by a lookalike next.

Please
or

Glitterandunicorns · 08/12/2021 02:04

@SallyAnn32 if you want a good podcast about conspiracies, I can definitely recommend Stuff They Don't Want You to Know.

Please
or

QuestionableMouse · 08/12/2021 02:06

@Jacaranda75

The only one I’m Hmm about is the moon landings. The footage just looks totally fake.

This is an interesting read www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/65911-moon-landing-footage-impossible-to-fake.html
Please
or

Onehotmess · 08/12/2021 02:11

There’s a theory that JFK was shot by one of the people protecting him by accident. I can’t remember the documentary but it was very convincing!

Please
or

RobertSmithsLipstick · 08/12/2021 02:14

About 2 months before I had even heard about covid, I clicked on a random youtube video, and it was filmed in wuhan (i presume) and showed people on trolleys in corridors, struggling to breathe, all leaning against the walls.
It was covert (or seemed to be) and the person making it was warning of a super virus, a pandemic, that was being kept under wraps.
I just thought it was a load of rubbish, but now..... hmmm
Wish I had paid it more attention.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.