Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Are there any conspiracy theories you actually believe?

AnxiousAngelina · 07/12/2021 07:28

Inspired by another thread. Come on even if they're mad ones... fess up.

I cant remember the details but I remember doing a bit of online research years ago and thinking it's not 100% impossible that Tupac faked his death!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Malibuismysecrethome · 07/12/2021 23:05

I was in Paris the night Diana died. It was buzzing and I have always wondered why there were no witnesses to the accident.

Please
or

Theunamedcat · 07/12/2021 23:07

[quote rattlemehearties]@makingmiracles You need to elaborate a bit further... Wayfair and child trafficking, what? I don't understand your post[/quote]
You would purchase an item of furniture with a specific name and instead of furniture you would get a child

Please
or

Essexmum321 · 07/12/2021 23:14

There were witnesses to the Diana accident, I was watching live on CNN and an American couple said she was out of the car and walking/talking.

Covid - far to much of a coincidence for it to have started where it did

Please
or

godmum56 · 07/12/2021 23:21

@Hippopotamus99

When I was about 11, I saw a documentary about how Elvis wasn’t really dead. I spent the next week thinking that every man was Elvis. 😂

well there's a man down at the chipshop you know
Please
or

spotcheck · 07/12/2021 23:24

What's the Michael Jackson one?

Please
or

MiddleEasternMummy · 07/12/2021 23:24

I don't believe Epstein killed himself .
Not at all sorry he's dead however I think he knew far too much about far too many powerful people and he was most definitely offed .
He seemed far too narcissistic and selfish to take his own life .

Please
or

EIIa · 07/12/2021 23:27

I don’t believe for a minute that Jeffrey Epstein is dead

With all his cash and connections and, let’s not forget, gislaines fathers own death was very shady...

I think he was knocked out by security guards so that he wouldn’t move

Then stretchered out

Vvv odd that you could see his face when his body was being removed

There’s no way he’s dead

Please
or

Sparklfairy · 07/12/2021 23:28

There's one that Paul McCartney died early on in the beatles and was replaced with a lookalike. I need to go to bed so can't look it up now but I think his name is supposed to be William bowery.

Please
or

SSOYS · 07/12/2021 23:31

Not sure whether this is a conspiracy theory but someone said it was one to me it was recently, when to me it’s just something obviously true. The Nightingale hospitals were never all-singing all-dancing hospitals and were not intended to be. They were overflow space in case we ended up in a situation like Italy or India with people dying in the street outside hospital, which we could easily have done. Plan was that they would receive minimal treatment in a Nightingale instead, and that most would still die but away from photographers.

Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 07/12/2021 23:42

like a PP the intact passport of one on the 9/11 terrorists which was supposed to have been blown out of one of the planes always made me wonder. Not sure if it was planted to lend credibility to the truth or to mislead.

Also, the BBC reporter claiming that Building 7 had completely collapsed whilst still standing in front of it, intact! The Patriot Act was ready to go alarmingly quickly, too. I most certainly don’t deny that 9/11 happened, nor the reality of the tragedy and grief of those killed and their families left behind, but I do very much question as to which of the two opposing conspiracy theories about it are true: the one that the USA did it or the one that it was Middle Eastern terrorists responsible.

No.conspiracy theories are for adult crackpots that also believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden.

So all of the people arrested and found guilty of ‘conspiracy to commit XXX’ are done so falsely, as a result of some crackpot police officer/team who sees a ridiculous potential pattern, develops a ludicrous theory and then starts to look into it?

Nobody is saying that you have to believe all of the crazy theories out there, but to outright deny that anybody ever conspires with others to perpetrate illegal/dishonest/deceitful deeds is…. well, like believing in those fairies. Every single crime involving two or more criminals was at one stage a conspiracy – surely you can’t believe that all crimes are only ever done by one lone person?

I don't for one second believe the Diana one! To much left to chance for it to be a hit, you can't guarantee a car accident will kill someone!

I can’t remember the details of the claims, but I’ve heard suggestions that Diana might have survived the crash itself but was then ‘offed’ straight afterwards. Weren’t all of the CCTV cameras weirdly turned off/not working on that day? No murderer would have needed to rely on the crash to actually kill her – just to provide the plausible circumstances in which she very reasonably and believably could have been killed.

Please
or

goingback · 07/12/2021 23:44

don't really believe any but certainly believe like a previous poster that they are encouraged by governments as a smokescreen . my old favourites are aliens kidnapping people for research, bigfoot, area 51.
when you engage the believers just remember -don't believe MSM, do your own research , etc, etc.

Please
or

WrongWayApricot · 07/12/2021 23:54

Some are going to be true. MK ultra really happened, if they can do that to people what else can they do? There's also been more than none nuclear accidents and near misses that could have wiped out the whole of the planet, but they were covered up for a long time to not cause panic. There are definitely more awful secrets out there and it'll feel dreadful when we learn about them.

Please
or

bottleofbeer · 07/12/2021 23:56

Seems to me that the general consensus of what constitutes a conspiracy theory is anybody who questions the official narrative or version of events, and to have any credibility here you need to put in a disclaimer that you are definitely NOT a CT. Of course some of them are stupid, but it's equally stupid to believe everything you're told by the media.

Plenty of 'conspiracy theories' later proved to be true.

Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 07/12/2021 23:57

I also believe that there are plenty of conspiracy theories out there that are deliberately put out there (or encouraged) by the subjects of them and authorities for the express purpose of ridiculing ALL conspiracy theories, especially those perpetrated by the same person. If Alex Jones (to name just one) weren't controlled opposition, why is he still alive, much less not imprisoned or cancelled?

It's very easy to bury truth by surrounding it with obvious/provable lies or by using thoroughly laughable and disreputable people as the mouthpiece for it. You can't hope to hide these things forever, so the solution is to get the details out in the open, but in the midst of a sea of obvious insane lies. That way, you can discredit not only the promoters of said information but also anybody who expresses a belief in a possibly plausible part of it.

Similarly, you can bring out a bestselling book or blockbuster film covering what could even be 100% truth - then, if anybody tells others that they believe some/all of it could actually be real, they will instantly be laughed at with a "I think you've been reading/watching too much XXX, mate!!!" and instantly dismissed as a crazy simpleton who's unable to distinguish fact from obvious fiction.

Please
or

BoredZelda · 07/12/2021 23:58

I could believe there is one with 9/11 tbh. One of the terrorist's passports being found in the street always makes me hmm...

That’s one part that stuck out for me. But I believe this was more to cover up the fact they had these guys on the radar and did nothing to stop them rather than as a reason to suspect the attacks were government led.

911 was definitely an inside job. The more you read about it the more obvious it becomes.

Only if you ignore the actual evidence.

Please
or

BoredZelda · 08/12/2021 00:00

It's very easy to bury truth by surrounding it with obvious/provable lies or by using thoroughly laughable and disreputable people as the mouthpiece for it.

Wow. Conspiracy theory squared!

Please
or

BoredZelda · 08/12/2021 00:01

plenty of 'conspiracy theories' later proved to be true.

Which ones?

Please
or

setera · 08/12/2021 00:01

I fully believe in the pizzagate theory

Please
or

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll · 08/12/2021 00:02

That’s one part that stuck out for me. But I believe this was more to cover up the fact they had these guys on the radar and did nothing to stop them rather than as a reason to suspect the attacks were government led.

So you DO believe that it was at least partially a conspiracy by the US authorities, then?

Please
or

XDownwiththissortofthingX · 08/12/2021 00:06

There were witnesses to the Diana accident, I was watching live on CNN and an American couple said she was out of the car and walking/talking

I think that's so unlikely as to be bordering on the preposterous, given the injuries she sustained, the fact she was still inside the car when the first people on the scene arrived, she was dazed, incoherent, in shock, and still inside the car almost 40 minutes after the collision.

I can’t remember the details of the claims, but I’ve heard suggestions that Diana might have survived the crash itself but was then ‘offed’ straight afterwards. Weren’t all of the CCTV cameras weirdly turned off/not working on that day? No murderer would have needed to rely on the crash to actually kill her – just to provide the plausible circumstances in which she very reasonably and believably could have been killed

Diana was still alive when she was removed from the car but suffered a cardiac arrest shortly afterwards. All attempts to revive her were unsuccessful, and she was formally declared dead, in hospital, at 4am, nearly three hours after the accident. So unless she was murdered in hospital, in front of several witnesses including the medics fighting to save her, and despite already being technically dead, I can't understand for the life of me how this theory has come about.

To be honest, the Diana conspiracy theories have always baffled me. There is not, and never has been a single shred of anything that suggests she was anything other than the non-seatbelt wearing victim of a pissed and drugged driver driving too fast. No evidence, no plausible reason, not suggestion at all that there was anything untoward about it other than Mohammed Fayed's insane rantings and people's inherent dislike for certain members of the Royal Family.

Please
or

PermanentTemporary · 08/12/2021 00:08

Wuhan isn't a 'tiny town', it's a massive industrial centre with over 11 million inhabitants! Completely believable as the natural 'distribution point' of an evolved infection.

Please
or

Tee20x · 08/12/2021 00:10

Diana's death 110%

Please
or

McKesson · 08/12/2021 00:10

I'm fascinated by the logistics of the Wayfair one.

Please
or

bottleofbeer · 08/12/2021 00:11

BoredZelda, Hillsborough to begin. Grenfell, you really believe the low death toll?

Please
or

Malibuismysecrethome · 08/12/2021 00:17

EssexMum321 also for such a bad crash no other cars were involved.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.