Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Are there any conspiracy theories you actually believe?

AnxiousAngelina · 07/12/2021 07:28

Inspired by another thread. Come on even if they're mad ones... fess up.

I cant remember the details but I remember doing a bit of online research years ago and thinking it's not 100% impossible that Tupac faked his death!

OP's posts:
Please
or

GreenLunchBox · 07/12/2021 22:01

This thread is boring because the same few theories are coming up ☹️

Please
or

Hippychicken1 · 07/12/2021 22:02

@IAAP when you wrote MM I thought for one moment you meant Madeline McCann and not Marlyn Monroe

I was trying to think what affair did a toddler know about

Please
or

Weeteeny · 07/12/2021 22:04

There is absolutely no way man has walked on the moon. The footage is absolutely ridiculous. We don't have the technology eV now to send a man to the moon.

Dr Kelly. I remember saying my xdh at the time ,......this man will be found dead in a week or two.

Please
or

PermanentTemporary · 07/12/2021 22:06

Can't think of a single one that I've heard of that I believe. I think conspiracy theories are a comfort blanket suggesting that someone knows what's going on, whereas in reality it's just people cocking up or having different priorities. 9/11 conspiracy theories are just dumb.

Please
or

SequinsandStiIettos · 07/12/2021 22:14

I believe that Covid was the result of a lab leak.
nicholaswade.medium.com/origin-of-covid-following-the-clues-6f03564c038
Unethical that Dr Peter Daszak and others signed that letter, when they had competing interests.
Occam's razor...Jon Stewart puts it better than me Wink Grin Grin Grin

(3 minutes in)
Please
or

meh12 · 07/12/2021 22:15

@PermanentTemporary have you seen the JFK arguments? Some of them really are hard to challenge, governments do have quite a lot of incentive to need to keep some things simplistic.

Do you believe the Tories didn't have a Christmas party last year?

Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 07/12/2021 22:15

@GreenLunchBox

This thread is boring because the same few theories are coming up ☹️

Give us some new ones then 😂😂
Please
or

Hippopotamus99 · 07/12/2021 22:17

When I was about 11, I saw a documentary about how Elvis wasn’t really dead. I spent the next week thinking that every man was Elvis. 😂

Please
or

makingmiracles · 07/12/2021 22:21

There’s the one about wayfair, people said that they were listing furniture for ridicules prices eg £13k for a wardrobe and it was a smokescreen for child trafficking, examples had furniture pieces names different names on the website eg Stella chest of drawers, ruby cabinet etc

Please
or

wanttomarryamillionaire · 07/12/2021 22:22

I don't for one second believe the Diana one! To much left to chance for it to be a hit, you can't guarantee a car accident will kill someone! I do believe 9/11 conspiracy theories and i also don't believe that covid wasn't deliberate.

Please
or

GreenLunchBox · 07/12/2021 22:25

@SpookyScarySkeletons I can't think of any because mine are Diana and Wuhan 😂
But I don't think Wuhan is a conspiracy theory because surely that's just common sense. I don't think it was released intentionally but what are the chances that a devastating virus came from a tiny town that just happened to have a virology institute? 🤔The conspiracy is that we're stupid enough to think it didn't come from there! Who are they kidding?Confused

Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 07/12/2021 22:31

@GreenLunchBox totally agree about Wuhan. I think you would have to be incredibly naive to still believe all the wet market crap!

I'm not sure about Diana though, I do think that was just a tragic accident. If it was a hit it would have been cleaner with a 100% chance of death.

Please
or

Suzi888 · 07/12/2021 22:38

Princess Diana was a royal family hit.

Covid is a social experiment/ global warming data gathering exercise.

Not sure if I believe in the latter as such, but I know people who are professors and doctors who do. It’s interesting to hear what they have to say - what I can understand anyway. 🤣

Please
or

Theunamedcat · 07/12/2021 22:39

Maybe the diana crash was supposed to be a scare to shut her down she was becoming awfully popular Charles response seemed genuine going against his mother's wishes prince Philip seemed very supportive of the boys too

But yes there was something off about the whole thing

Please
or

HeechulOppa · 07/12/2021 22:40

My conspiracy theory is about conspiracy theories! I believe there is a lot of truth in certain theories but that the more outlandish theories are deliberately created by government etc so as to immediately discredit anyone who believes in conspiracy theories as being a loony. Which we’ve already seen on this thread. Believe that David Kelly was murdered? What next, believing that the Royal Family are lizard people?

We know governments and big powers do some pretty shady things and cover stuff up, we KNOW that. There are historical facts that at the time would have been deemed conspiracy theories but we now know actually happened. So no, I don’t believe in QAnon guff and flat earthers, but do I believe Covid was made in a lab in a city with a virus research lab, or that JFK was accidentally shot by his CIA agent and this was kept quiet for public morale? Hell yes!

Please
or

kittenkipper · 07/12/2021 22:41

My eye was Gareth Williams death an accident and nor did David Kelly commit suicide.

Many , most? Conspiracy theories are nonsense but I laugh at those who dismiss it as fairy stories for idiots. The reality is that some have been proven true- syphillis intentionally given to black men under the guise of health care, lsd tested , attempts at subliminal messaging by advertising companies (so much so that legal precedence and subsequent law ensued) peodophile coverups (Jimmy Saville) police corruption (hillsbourough / George floyd/ Wayne cousens)

Please
or

PermanentTemporary · 07/12/2021 22:46

@meh12 - note the two parts of your sentence. I haven't followed the party story in detail, sorry, and I'm not even sure what the conspiracy theory is in this case - conspiracy to pull crackers?? Anyway, it hasn't remained secret for long, and if there really had been some sort of organised removal of JFK, rather than loads of idiots with guns who fancied a pot shot at fame, one of which actually had a go, it wouldn't have stayed secret for long either. I don't know which JFK theories you're talking about but they mostly read like tall tales spun by someone who has managed to get a journalist to put the bar tab on expenses.

Please
or

DaisyNGO · 07/12/2021 22:46

@Hippopotamus99

When I was about 11, I saw a documentary about how Elvis wasn’t really dead. I spent the next week thinking that every man was Elvis. 😂

Not just the guy works down the chip shop? 😂
Please
or

GreenLunchBox · 07/12/2021 22:48

I think Diana was just so tragic and shocking that it's natural to think that it's not possible for something so awful to happen to someone who seemingly had it all (even though we now know that's not the case). I know what you mean though

Please
or

GreenLunchBox · 07/12/2021 22:50

Meant to tag @SpookyScarySkeletons

Please
or

Timeisavirtue · 07/12/2021 22:58

Some of the 9/11 ones and missing Malaysia flight aren’t really that far fetched when you think about it. I love a good conspiracy theory and some of them actually make you think.

Please
or

Fluffycloudland77 · 07/12/2021 23:01

Nothing surprises me anymore. The lengths governments will go to get what they want is limitless.

Please
or

rattlemehearties · 07/12/2021 23:02

@makingmiracles You need to elaborate a bit further... Wayfair and child trafficking, what? I don't understand your post

Please
or

frankie001 · 07/12/2021 23:03

I think this whole thread is a conspiracy to get Wind of Change into everyone’s head. (It’s worked).

Please
or

user22222 · 07/12/2021 23:03

I'm in deep with the macaroni employee's one.

Just in case any one else is I found this interesting:

www.tsogpss.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/deaths.htm

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.