My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Chat

Mumsnet Dreams Mattress Spirit: Complaint

70 replies

Michelleka · 20/06/2019 22:51

Dear Mumsnetter. I recently bought Spirit Mumsnet mattress from Dreams only because I trusted Mumnet. I am thoroughly disappointed. I have no time to exchange the mattress before the exchange time finishes and I have no idea what to do. The mattress is comfortable but terribly hot. I expected that Mumsnet pays attention to temperature. Both my husband and I sweat like mad. The room is cool and we have the lightest duvet but the mattress feels like an oven. I am very disappointed and would like to know to whom I can complain. Also disappointed with Dreams. They charge for exchange and only allow it between 30 and 40 days of purchase. We are going away before the 30 days is up... And in any case I don't trust them... Please advise.

OP posts:
SecretWitch · 21/06/2019 16:00

I bet your mattress is gin infused. I only sleep on unicorn feathers so I wouldn’t know.

Redglitter · 21/06/2019 16:14

This is absolutely heartbreaking

Oh it is. Absolutely. Shall we set up a go fund me page for the poor heartbroken OP

TalkinAboutManetManet · 21/06/2019 16:33

I was at a funeral today, OP. Man in his 40s. His widow told me that she and the children are heartbroken.

I’ll be sure to send her a link to this thread, so she can gain some perspective.

You bought a product which you can return under guarantee, so do that.

Angelf1sh · 21/06/2019 16:49

Take it back to the shop today, what’s the problem?

mouldyhousemouldylife · 21/06/2019 16:52

As in the OP...

They charge for exchange and only allow it between 30 and 40 days of purchase

TalkinAboutManetManet · 21/06/2019 16:54

But she’s within the 30 days.

We are going away before the 30 days is up

mouldyhousemouldylife · 21/06/2019 16:55

No... They only allow it between 30 and 40 days after purchase. They are going away before that window.

TalkinAboutManetManet · 21/06/2019 16:57

Sorry, I get you now. I misread it as the OP couldn’t remember if it was a 30 or 40 day return.

RebeccaCloud9 · 21/06/2019 16:59

This thread is everything I love about mumsnet Grin

mouldyhousemouldylife · 21/06/2019 17:00

Yeah it does seem a weird policy, why can't you change your mind after a week for example?

LarryGreysonsDoor · 21/06/2019 17:11

who I can't believe to be mothers (because parents can't be this silly and rude)

Yes. Pushing a human out of your vagina makes you stop being silly.

FWIW op I have an Eve mattress and I love it. I’d look into one of those. If you don’t like it they will come and collect it.

Plipplopbop · 21/06/2019 18:27

I was enjoying this spoof thread, then I realised it wasn't Shock

Michelleka · 22/06/2019 09:55

I know I promised not to coma back but I guess that's what online chats do.... They hook you up! OK I light up. Glad our sweating at night brought some joy to some people here!
More seriously, the idea whether or not a topper will help was exactly what I hoped to hear advice on. Is there anyone who could be serious for a moment and give a suggestion as to which topper has worked for them, please? Thanks

OP posts:
BuzzShitbagBobbly · 22/06/2019 10:08

Good sport OP! Grin

Not sure about toppers but I did see that Lidl will be selling some kind of fancy "cool duvet" in a week or so. Maybe look that up and see if it's any use for you?

Chartreuser · 22/06/2019 11:55

We dear by this one www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/textiles-rugs/mattress-pillow-protectors/rosendun-mattress-protector-art-00252408/

Was £55 for a king sized one

DH genuinely hat to get changed at least once a night as he'd be dripping with sweat, the plastic mattress cover was argument and didn't breathe at all. This had reduced that considerably and is made to control temperature, and so much cheaper than new mattress. And stops the plasticity rustling too.

Good luck

Chartreuser · 22/06/2019 11:55

^awful

Michelleka · 22/06/2019 12:51

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into these. It's funny that we never had problem before we changed our mattress from an old-fashioned one to this fancy new one! I must admit it is comfortable though. In any case my main complaint should be towards stupid policy of Dreams that one can't change one's mind before 30 days and after that only has 10 days to act! What a strange policy... I guess I should have calculated better when buying the mattress. I'm a musician so not great at maths!

OP posts:
BuzzShitbagBobbly · 22/06/2019 13:56

Without wanting to be too grim, your old mattress probably just soaked up that sweat much better!

WeBuiltCisCityOnSexistRoles · 22/06/2019 14:10

Is it memory foam? I haven't looked too closely at the link (I keep buying MN stuff when I do that so daren't Wink) I think being very hot can be an issue with memory foam.

Toppers are a good idea, also good quality 100% cotton sheets help.

Itellpeopletogoogleit · 22/06/2019 17:41

Looks like op had a personality transplant

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.