My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Chat

Mumsnet Dreams Mattress Spirit: Complaint

70 replies

Michelleka · 20/06/2019 22:51

Dear Mumsnetter. I recently bought Spirit Mumsnet mattress from Dreams only because I trusted Mumnet. I am thoroughly disappointed. I have no time to exchange the mattress before the exchange time finishes and I have no idea what to do. The mattress is comfortable but terribly hot. I expected that Mumsnet pays attention to temperature. Both my husband and I sweat like mad. The room is cool and we have the lightest duvet but the mattress feels like an oven. I am very disappointed and would like to know to whom I can complain. Also disappointed with Dreams. They charge for exchange and only allow it between 30 and 40 days of purchase. We are going away before the 30 days is up... And in any case I don't trust them... Please advise.

OP posts:
Itellpeopletogoogleit · 21/06/2019 11:42

Lmao

yellowblueorange · 21/06/2019 12:22

😂 OP you're hilarious, thanks for brightening my morning. Heartbroken drama lama 🦙

BuzzShitbagBobbly · 21/06/2019 12:29

I can't imagine how any mattress with a layer of latex (even the "luxurious" type Hmm ) would ever be anything but horribly hot and sweaty!

Michelleka · 21/06/2019 12:54

I thought the same regarding latex, but someone explained that natural latext is the most breathable material! The question is whether this IS natural! Anyway, despite all the silly messages here from very insensitive people who I can't believe to be mothers (because parents can't be this silly and rude), I think it's important for Mumsnet to recall its product if it is faulty because the idea is that they have created the perfect mattress. and believe me it wasn't cheap.

OP posts:
SmellMySmellbow · 21/06/2019 13:01

This thread could only be improved by a compo face photo of OP on her new mattress with her kids, all looking sad. And hot.

SmellMySmellbow · 21/06/2019 13:04

Link for compo face inspiration, should you take this to the press, OP
threadreaderapp.com/thread/1065671534071738368.html

PointlessUsername · 21/06/2019 13:07

How were mumsnet to know the core body temp of yourself and your DH?.

BuzzShitbagBobbly · 21/06/2019 13:09

who I can't believe to be mothers (because parents can't be this silly and rude)

I'm not a mother. Oops, you found me out.
(Is that me being silly and rude?)

Isadora2007 · 21/06/2019 13:12

the idea is they have created the perfect mattress
Isn’t that the general idea of any marketing campaign? And if you’re completely new to Mumsnet to the point that you’re shocked and heartbroken at the “mockery” (which is actually standard, funny and intelligent!) then I wonder why you were struck by the idea that a Mumsnet mattress would be so fab? “Oh look- a brand with whom I am unfamiliar, but it must be the best thing ever...” Doesn’t quite add up...

Maybe you need a nice lie down @Michelleka ...oh, wait....perhaps not.

BuzzShitbagBobbly · 21/06/2019 13:13

Michelleka In all seriousness, I think you need to take little step back and have a look round the place before getting so worked up.

It's not just for mums (or dad), it's for anyone, the site has grown out of that original name.

People aren't rude, they are blunt - it's not a tippy-tappy softly-softly place. But its not maliciously meant, it's just plain spoken (mostly, there are of course some frightful bitches as well, just like in real life!). Don't take immediate offence.

Just chill out a bit, go and look round all the boards and see what else interests you: www.mumsnet.com/Talk
It's not all about mattress and mummies Grin

WeBuiltCisCityOnSexistRoles · 21/06/2019 13:16

I bought a Boden cardigan once and didn't look like an insouciant happy stylish woman with a bunch of beautiful blonde children who are very well behaved.

I also bought a steam cleaner but my house isn't clean.

Thanks Mumsnet with your false advertising and thanks Mumsnetters with your shit recommendations.

BuzzShitbagBobbly · 21/06/2019 13:17

For those of you wondering about a bit more information - you can find out more about how we made the mattress here

Beware though, it's pretty controversial stuff!

For example, "From those surveyed, a whopping 99% agreed that a good night’s sleep is vital to health and wellbeing"

Rubbish. I like to sleep on the edge of a pigeon shit-covered park bench, down the dodgeois end of town, and I feel perfectly healthy and well for it. This namby pamby lot don't know they're born.

WeBuiltCisCityOnSexistRoles · 21/06/2019 13:18

For example, "From those surveyed, a whopping 99% agreed that a good night’s sleep is vital to health and well-being'

Wtf do the other 1% believe?!

Michelleka · 21/06/2019 13:23

FYI I am not a mother either but I am a human being and respect others. I am here because I had always heard great things about mumsnet and that it is a friendly place and not just for mums. Well, I am sorry but I don't find things you call funny amusing at all. Maybe I am not made for online environment. In any case I have better things to do. I was looking for some advice and shared experience here. But here we are... mainly blunt (that is the right word) non-humour. I have contacted both Dreams and Mumsnet for advice without sarcasm. Thanks for the few normal and sound messages in the thread. Have a great day.

OP posts:
Chartreuser · 21/06/2019 13:26

I think this may be my favourite thread ever. OP we have just had to swap our duvet to sheets and blankets else DH ends up swearing cobs. This is neither the fault of the duvet, or mattress but it's an issue with his internal thermostat. Due to bedbugs we have had to use a sealed plastic protector on our mattress which made things even worse, but bought a cheap mattress topper from Ikea that is made for temp control and it's made all the difference.

If Dreams (not Mumsnet, you bought from Dreams and thus it is them you need to speak to) cannot help I strongly suggest trying a topper

Adviceplease1234 · 21/06/2019 13:26

I’m sorry you are upset OP but this thread has really made me laugh!

tenbob · 21/06/2019 13:28

The advertisers are, as ever, on the money with their targeted ads after scraping the thread for key words
Look at all those hot mattresses!

tenbob · 21/06/2019 13:28

Damnit the picture didn’t post

QuestionableMouse · 21/06/2019 13:30

Honestly op this is the risk you take with buying personal stuff like mattresses. Me and my mam have ones from the same brand but they're 100% different to sleep on.

It's not faulty and it's not MN or Dreams fault. It just doesn't suit you personally.

WeBuiltCisCityOnSexistRoles · 21/06/2019 13:31

Generally MNers are very blunt, but also very funny. Perhaps take a look at Classics in the thread topics? Stay away from AIBU though, it'll make this thread look like a welcome party with homemade cake and bunting Smile

SoupDragon · 21/06/2019 13:32

🤔

WeBuiltCisCityOnSexistRoles · 21/06/2019 13:32

Ooops Wink
AndNoneForGretchenWieners · 21/06/2019 14:00

See that's where you went wrong, OP. The mattress is for parents.

You know, this reminds me of the hilarious Angry People in Local Newspapers page on Facebook
m.facebook.com/angrypeopleinlocalnewspapers/?locale2=en_GB

ConcreteUnderpants · 21/06/2019 15:08

If I were you I'd start an AIBU for how you and your husband sweat like mad.
That's not normal.

yellowblueorange · 21/06/2019 15:54

As you seem to know sod all about mumsnet I'm not sure why you thought they'd make a great mattress 😂

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.