My feed
Premium

Our writers test and research products independently. When you buy through a link on our site we may earn a commission but this never affects our product choices.

eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C Max review: just how good is this budget robot vacuum?

Highly recommended by Mumsnet users, we wanted to find out just how amazing the eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C Max actually is. Mumsnet editor Beccy put it to the test in her family home.

By Rebecca Roberts | Last updated Feb 1, 2024

Price on writing: £160 | Buy now from Amazon

What we like

• Small charging station

• Ability to move from carpet to hard floor easily

• Alexa, Google Home and app compatible

• Easy to empty and clean

• Super convenient

• Quick to set up and start using

• Keeps on top of cleaning so you can put your feet up

What we don't like

• Moves erratically

• No mapping

Key specs

Weight: 2.7kg | Capacity: 0.6 litres | Runtime: 100 minutes on hard floors, 60 minutes on carpets  | Charging time: 5-6 hours | Wi-Fi-compatible: Yes | Mapping technology: No

eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C Max

What were your first impressions of the eufy 15C Max?

Honestly? Extreme excitement. I felt like I’d joined the eufy cult that our Mumsnet users have been a part of for a few years now. I mean, who isn’t excited over a vacuum that does the hard work for you?

Read next: The best robot vacuum cleaners - tried and tested

How easy was the eufy 15C Max to set up and start using?

Very, actually. It was pretty much ready to go out of the box - I only needed to find a suitable place for it to live in our living area, and also download the eufy Clean app. It’s recommended that you let it fully charge before first use, so I plugged it in and allowed it to charge for a couple of hours before setting it loose after the kids’ bedtime.

The eufy Clean app is available for both Android and iOS. Since I have a Samsung, I downloaded it from Google Play as easily as any other application. Although, I did need to set up a profile but that didn’t take long.

eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C Max

The app itself can connect to multiple eufy devices. So, if you have more than one robovac or another smart device by eufy in your home, it’s most definitely worth downloading to connect everything. In the app you can name your vacuum, so I went for ‘eufy baby’. From your device account, you can start cleaning, select a specific mode - like Automatic, a short 30 second session, spot clean, as well as around the edges. You can also set a schedule, I’ve gone for the evenings on a Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, as that works best for our home. From the app you can also turn your eufy off and tell it to head home, which I’ll admit, is quite a novelty to watch as it parks itself on the charging station. And finally, if for whatever reason you’re unable to find your robovac in your home, you can use Find my device and the vacuum itself pings to help you locate it.

One issue I should highlight, though, is that manual steering doesn’t really seem to work well, which is annoying as when the robovac gets stuck, it needs a hand.

Related: The best carpet cleaners for spotless floors

eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C Max

Does the eufy 15C Max work well on hard floors and carpets?

I’ve tested the eufy 15C Max throughout my home, which is a mix of carpet and laminate flooring. On carpets, it works as I hoped it would - picking up lint, dust, crumbs with ease after a day of family life sweeping through the house. It also picks up muck from the laminate flooring but admittedly, anything that’s a bit bigger (like a dropped Cheerio), it seems to skip and needs a hand so I put it in Max mode for a little while to finish the job.

It’s not very thorough in terms of getting hard to reach places, corners, and as I’ve mentioned, bigger bits of things on the floor. Although, I’d argue that that’s not the point. The point is to help keep on top of your floors on a daily basis, and save the deeper clean and bigger vacuum session for another device. For instance, I use a VAX Blade 4 Pet & Car Vacuum Cleaner

Related: The best robot mops for keeping hard floors clean

eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C Max

What’s the battery life like?

After initially charging it for a couple of hours, we let it run for a good hour after the kids went to bed (and weren’t in the way). I’ve not had it die on me yet, and it manages to do our entire kitchen, dining, and open plan living space in one go - although, I’ll admit, it’s not a thorough vacuum.

Read next: The best steam cleaners, tried and tested

eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C Max

Have you tried it with Alexa/Google Home?

Yes! We have Alexa all around our home so I love the fact that eufy can also be connected and controlled via our Alexa system. On an evening after a full day of work, parenting, cooking, it’s definitely appreciated when I’m crashed out on the sofa bingeing The Traitors

Read next: The best budget robot vacuum cleaners, according to Mumsnetters

What’s it like to empty and keep clean?

Surprisingly very easy, actually. I mean, it makes sense that it’s easy to empty due to the fact it has a smaller dustbin compared to other, larger vacuums on the market. And the fact it doesn’t self-empty, like the pricier eufy X9 Pro. So, you do need to empty it more frequently than you would compared to a regular mains powered hoover.

In terms of keeping it clean - the dustbin is very easy to run under the tap when it gets a little too gross. The same goes for the brushroll bar. The vacuum itself is reflective, and so be warned, grubby little finger marks from toddlers who think the robot is a toy do show up.

Read next: The best handheld vacuum cleaners, as recommended by Mumsnetters

eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C Max

What pets do you have and is it effective on vacuuming up their hair?

We own a little white dog, a Maltese specifically. So luckily, she doesn’t malt. If anything, it’s my own hair that we need a good vacuum for.

eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 15C Max

Is the eufy 15C Max noisy?

I wouldn’t say it’s noisy, but it’s not exactly silent either. But compared to my VAX, it’s most definitely quieter and we can still watch the telly over it and hear what’s going on.

Related: Our pick of the best vacuum cleaners for 2024

Does it get stuck, bump into things or fall down the stairs?

I’m yet to test it upstairs, but the eufy 15C Max does have a sensor to prevent it from tumbling down the stairs should it get too close to the edge. It easily navigates the change between carpet and laminate in our living area, and if it does get a wheel stuck, it’s quite fun watching it navigate the small hump. A sort of eight point turn, if you will. The same goes for when it gets stuck underneath our dining table - it takes a few minutes, but it does manage to get itself out and back on track.

Read next: The best vacuum cleaners for pet hair

What’s the best thing about the eufy 15C Max?

Oh the convenience! Honestly, keeping on top of my floors is a constant battle in our home with a small dog, my hair, two boisterous toddlers and life on a farm where mud is trodden in quite frequently.

If I’m being completely transparent, I despise cleaning. I’m really not good at it, and would prefer to spend my time doing something else. So, any device that’s designed to help me out in that department so I can be lazy on the sofa at the end of the day gets my vote, every time.

Finally, the docking station is really small compared to others I’ve seen - like the eufy X9, which is appreciated as it’s not so much of an eyesore when not in use.

Read next: The best budget vacuum cleaners, as recommended by Mumsnet users

What’s one thing you’d change about it?

It’s a bit erratic when cleaning. Thanks to the inbuilt bounce navigation technology, the vacuum doesn’t look logical when turned on. Sometimes it goes in a straight line, sometimes the edge, and sometimes it’ll go in circles. There’s no real set pattern to how it navigates the room. During my first test, I thought it’d be super intelligent and map the room it's in, helping it to then avoid obstacles in its way and target only the carpet. But alas, that isn’t the case. Instead, it uses a combination of cleaning methods in Auto and Max that help it to cover the room. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t sometimes miss a patch.

What mark out of 10 would you give the eufy 15C Max?

Personally, I’d give it an eight. I do love the novelty of a robot vacuum, and I’ll admit, it’s incredibly useful when I’m feeling extra burnt out at the end of a busy day. It’s nice to know that something else is doing most of the hard work of cleaning our floors. But, it does lose a couple of points from me due to the fact it doesn’t have mapping built in for a more logical clean.

Related: The best car vacuum cleaners to keep your car fluff-free

And finally, have you given your eufy a name?

Of course! I’ve called it eufy baby, because it does in fact, sit in the corner.

About Mumsnet reviews

All Mumsnet product reviews are written by real parents after weeks of research and testing. We work hard to provide honest and independent advice you can trust. Sometimes, we earn revenue through affiliate (click-to-buy) links in our articles. However, we never allow this to influence our coverage.

About the author

Rebecca Roberts is a writer, editor, and content marketing expert hailing from Leeds. Here at Mumsnet, she commissions, writes, and edits to bring parents content designed to make life easier. Having birthed two DC just 15 months apart, she knows all too well how stressful it can be to keep your house clean and tidy when you’re managing a busy household. So, she’s fully invested in finding the best products for families.

Beyond her role as an editor here at Mumsnet, Rebecca can be found balancing life as a working mum of two toddlers and when she’s not at her desk, you’ll likely find her at a local playgroup, in a nearby coffee shop, or walking the dog.