What are your favourite cheap beauty products/toiletries?

(141 Posts)
thisenglishlife Wed 17-Jun-20 17:54:32

What 'cheapies' do you like?
Do you always have them around or do you only buy when you're trying to spend less?

OP’s posts: |
StarShapedWindow Wed 17-Jun-20 18:10:37

Blisteze Relief Cream is the only thing that heals my split/chapped lips. If I put it on before I sleep it works it’s magic and my lips are better in the morning.

ChicCroissant Wed 17-Jun-20 18:14:05

I have dry skin so Nivea in the blue tin is good for me and it's cheap, I've been using it for a few years now.

DrDavidBanner Wed 17-Jun-20 18:18:59

Collection Invisible Setting Powder, is the only thing that works on my post menopausal oil slick of a face now.

Primark Perfect Finish Foundation is also suprisingly good. Good range of coluors, doesnt oxidise and long lasting.

AnnaSW1 Wed 17-Jun-20 18:20:09

Oil of Olay. It's the cream my face loves the most.

GuyFawkesDay Wed 17-Jun-20 18:21:37

Nivea Soft. Slather it on as body moisturiser. Cheap as chips compared to "body butter", my skin loves it and smells great too.

Onekidnoclue Wed 17-Jun-20 18:21:43

Batisse! It’s wonderful stuff.

Advertisement

Spied Wed 17-Jun-20 18:23:05

The Poundland make up gallery liquid eyeliner is THE best.

GracieLane Wed 17-Jun-20 18:24:14

I pretty much only buy cheap-ish products and have no complaints. When I buy more expensive products I seem to always react to them or they don't work for me. I must just have been built for poverty or something ?!

NecklessMumster Wed 17-Jun-20 18:25:52

Blisteze here too, brilliant stuff

saucyspice Wed 17-Jun-20 18:26:15

My favourites are:

Revolution foundation drops
Nivea double effect eye make up remover
Rimmer exaggerate liquid eye liner

Richlyfruited Wed 17-Jun-20 18:29:53

@AnnaSW1 mine too! Tried all sorts of more expensive skincare but always go back to Olay grin

Revolution eyeshadow has always outperformed the far more expensive brands I've tried. I think the palettes are amazing value for money!

For perfume - the Lidl Madame Glamour Chanel dupe is great and also the Yardley Jade dupe of Cristalle.

Browzingss Wed 17-Jun-20 18:40:53

Soap and glory shower gels

Immigrantsong Wed 17-Jun-20 18:43:40

Dove soap for washing body and face.
Biovene shampoo bars and conditioning bars.
Crystal salt deodorant.
Azelaic acid and differin creams from GP for acne and wrinkles.
The first 3 are great for the environment too as no plastic.

monkeyonthetable Wed 17-Jun-20 18:47:58

Bright yellow lemon shower gel for about 75p from Boots.
Garnier soft rose facial cleanser. £3. Smells gorgeous and leaves skin really clean.
Nivea Q10 moisturiser. It's the only one that makes my skin feel supple but not sticky. Usually only £5-6 as it's always on half-price offer. And their pore cream, same price is almost as good an Benefit's pore refiner for 5 times the price.
Palmers cocoa butter hand cream. I have tried absolutely every hand cream under the sun including really expensive ones hand made in Paris. This one is the best.
For perfume - Clarins Eau Ressourcante or Dynamissante - refreshing and about £20 a bottle.

tellmewhentheLangshiplandscoz Wed 17-Jun-20 18:53:14

Primark brow pencil £1

Sainsbury's own miscellar water, HUGE bottle for £2

Nivea or Dove soap bar. Cheap, smell lovely and I feel cleaner than after shower gel. Also I've noticed much less of the build up of that pink scum in the shower which is a bonus grin

chrissys45 Wed 17-Jun-20 18:57:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

dementedma Wed 17-Jun-20 18:59:49

Dove soap smells gorgeous. Aveena body lotion or Johnston’s baby lotion

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 18-Jun-20 14:17:42

I stumbled on this £5.75 rose and frankinsense face cream by accident, but love it, and it smells gorgeous. here

AlexChitChatting Thu 18-Jun-20 14:26:25

MUA lipsticks in Superdrugs - I have drawers and drawers of lipsticks and these ones are creamy, pigmented but don't bleed. And they come in lots of colours. Simply brilliant!

frugalkitty Thu 18-Jun-20 16:47:45

Aveeno cream or lotion, Dove soap, Nivea sensitive cleanser and day cream are products I buy over and over.

bronzedgodesswannabe Thu 18-Jun-20 17:14:41

Tesco moisturiser
It's the only one I've ever used that doesn't leave a greasy feeling which I absolutely hate
I use it on my feet and body and it's £1 ish

I will be gutted if they ever discontinue it!!

bungleZippy12 Thu 18-Jun-20 17:15:57

I love the fruity shower gels which I’ve only ever found in Superdrug. 89p each and they smell lovely!!

Mumthedogsbeensick Thu 18-Jun-20 17:25:22

Nivea Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturing Day Cream. It's SPF 15 and gives my pale skin a lovely glow. I use it instead of foundation as it doesn't settle in my pores. It's usually around the £3 mark in Boots and a bit cheaper in Superdrug and Savers.

MulberryPeony Thu 18-Jun-20 17:25:55

4711 cologne. Aveeno skin relief. Quite impress with o’keefs foot cream recently too. George/asda nail varnish (although it does thicken terribly quickly). Super cheap nail foils and decals from eBay/AliExpress have tended to be the equivalent of proper branded stuff.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in