Talk

Advanced search

HANDBAG THREAD!!

(138 Posts)
Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 10:49:11

A thread where we can post photos of our bags (and accessories), lovingly arranged in artful poses.

I’ll post some later; first I need to have breakfast.

OP’s posts: |
nitgel Mon 30-Mar-20 10:53:11

Cool grin

chocolatesaltyballs22 Mon 30-Mar-20 11:21:13

To whet your appetite, my last Mulbs purchase. Family bag/purse pic coming later.

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 11:32:34

Ohhhhh I love Mulberry natural oak, it’s such a good colour. I’ve got the same Lily. She’s years old (my only pre-loved purchase so far) and a bit battered now, but I still love her. smile

chocolatesaltyballs22 Mon 30-Mar-20 11:44:31

Thankyou - love a Lily. This is a medium, also bought preloved from a friend but in immaculate condition. Bought 6 weeks ago and only used 3 times so far. sad

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 13:07:29

(Must add I do remember you even if I seem like I think I’m having this conversation for the first time 😆 - I do actually have a pretty poor memory for names but it’s not that bad! However I rarely forget a handbag photo...Remember the days when we could take our handbags out on excursions and even place them on tables and take photos in situ?? Seem so far away now...)

I’ve got lazy

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 13:08:37

Oops, posted too soon!

...so handbag photos will have to wait til after lunch, now.

chocolatesaltyballs22 Mon 30-Mar-20 13:27:25

Haha yeah I remember the convos too @ninkanink, you were the one who made me take billions of photos of my new LV purse LOL.

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 13:28:45

Heh yes. I just thought to myself, I’m saying the same things over again..I hope chocolate doesn’t think I’m suffering from some sort of memory loss. 🤣

chocolatesaltyballs22 Mon 30-Mar-20 13:31:02

Hehe not at all, nice to have someone like-minded to chat to!

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 13:51:15

Ok! So I’ve finally properly unwrapped my small Darley. Here she is once again. 😊

IloveJudgeJudy Mon 30-Mar-20 13:52:55

Here's a picture of my Aspinal Florence

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 13:53:13

And here are some of the things I’m looking forward to wearing her with.

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 13:54:52

I love that the colour goes so well with some of my favourite colours. ❤️

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 14:03:39

And several silk scarves that match nicely, for when I want to look elegant and sophisticated...(excuse the wrinkles, I don’t have the room right now to hang my scarves).

chocolatesaltyballs22 Mon 30-Mar-20 14:05:34

Beautiful colour - is it rosewater? Off to do a bag family pic now...

chocolatesaltyballs22 Mon 30-Mar-20 14:06:26

Oh wait I can't, bed has been stripped and bedding is on the washing line so I have nowhere to arrange them!! Tomorrow - promise!

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 14:10:44

Yes, it’s the rosewater. Such a lovely warm pink nude, goes with all the colours I wear and looks great against my skin.

I think we should ration our photos to make the pleasure last longer, so this is my lot for the day.

@IloveJudgeJudy I love your Florence. And I’m still so flabbergasted that you got it for that amazing price! I really, really want an Aspinal bag this year. Hopefully if I don’t spend much during lockdown I can actually save for it...

IloveJudgeJudy Mon 30-Mar-20 14:14:52

Thank you for those lovely photos. Accessories! That's up a whole new level.

StylishMummy Mon 30-Mar-20 18:51:00

I sell designer handbags but also keep my own personal collection - this is my current fave - Hermes Evelyn 29

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 19:31:14

@StylishMummy that’s my dream job...except I’d never make any money as I’d want to keep everything for myself. 😆😆

Someaddedsugar Mon 30-Mar-20 19:38:52

@StylishMummy (sorry to disturb the thread OP) do you have any recommendations for a company that can refurbish so I can sell on? I have a 12 year old Bayswater that needs a bit of TLC!

It was replaced with a Burberry Dewsbury tote and a small oxblood Mulberry Amberley.

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 19:45:03

No worries at all! Any and all handbag chat is valid and valuable. 👍

StylishMummy Mon 30-Mar-20 19:46:25

@ninkanink I don't make much, it just covers our astronomical childcare bill! I have around 100 bags in 'stock' and around 35 that are 'mine' but they can be interchangeable ;)

I highly recommend 'The Handbag Restoration Company', Mulberry do their own repairs but it's eye wateringly expensive. You're welcome to PM me some photos if you want specific advise halo

Ninkanink Mon 30-Mar-20 19:50:09

<drools at the thought of 135 beautiful bags to choose from at any one time>

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in