Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone super hourglass feel really self conscious ?

(135 Posts)
hendricksyousay Tue 17-Oct-17 15:55:39

I’m a bit Jesica rabbit , small rib cage and waist , big boobs and a curvy bum and thighs . Whatever I wear I sort of look like I’m trying too hard and it makes me self conscious . I’m a size 8-10 but I tend to wear looser tops so it doesn’t show it off as much . Am I alone ? Or crazy ? 😳😳

reetgood Tue 17-Oct-17 16:01:27

Humble brag? I'm not an hour glass but have Boobs. I choose not to wear certain styles as I either look like a wench in a period drama, or hms reetgood. It's not neccesarily a bad look, just a look I don't choose. I will also never wear a backless dress, sigh. Sounds like you also have a preference. Wear a looser top or embrace the Jessica rabbit. I can't believe it's that much of a problem.

Shodan Tue 17-Oct-17 16:08:58

You're crazy grin

Embrace the curves, wear fitted but not too tight clothes, and have fun with it.

And bemoan the fact that no-one seems to make jeans/trousers whose legs will fit but will leave a stonking great gap around the waist...

hendricksyousay Tue 17-Oct-17 16:09:02

Not a brag at all , I’d rather be straight up and down 😬😬

Rubyredslippers44 Tue 17-Oct-17 16:10:39

She’s bragging

Shodan Tue 17-Oct-17 16:11:20

And yes, I have the same kind of figure.

(brag brag brag brag brag hmm wink )

LaurieFairyCake Tue 17-Oct-17 16:13:53

If I was an 8-10 like you and Christina Hendricks is I’d be wearing lovely clothes that fitted.

I also have an hourglass but much larger (size 18) and 45/29/44. As I’ve got older I am much more covered up but still wear clothes that fit - if I wear baggy clothes I look massively fat.

hendricksyousay Tue 17-Oct-17 16:22:12

But if I wear a normal dress it looks cheap . 🙄

Shodan Tue 17-Oct-17 16:30:45

Depends what you mean by normal dress really.

I go for good fabric with a decent stretch in for dresses mostly- rarely anything without stretch because (with a few exceptions) they aren't cut small enough at the waist. Not too much cleavage showing (if any), and not cut up to my knicker line- knee length usually, sometimes a midi and even more rarely mid-thigh.

It's all about the balance I think.

Paintbox Tue 17-Oct-17 16:58:35

I know what the op neans. I’m not hourglass but I have a friend who is and she says everything she wear anything unless it’s rwally casual, ends up looking like she’s tried to look sexy. It can be hard to dress down the sexy if you’re very hourglass

PaintingByNumbers Tue 17-Oct-17 17:00:49

I'm much larger but still all tits and bum, and, yes, I know exactly what you mean, and its definitely not stealth boasting!

Letitsnowrainhail Tue 17-Oct-17 17:01:57

I'm a size 12 hourglass and seriously hate how clothes dont fit me properly especially shirts. Wish I was an A cup.

fizzthecat1 Tue 17-Oct-17 17:04:51

OP you're just bragging confused (and I'm saying this as someone with an hour glass figure)

Also there's no way your boobs would fit into a size 8 top if you had an actual hour glass figure lol!

annawoolfworries Tue 17-Oct-17 17:05:00

Same - I dress in baggy stuff at the moment & look awful. But if I dress in clothes that fit people ask me where I'm going. I need to embrace my inner glamour, which is difficult with toddlers.

fizzthecat1 Tue 17-Oct-17 17:07:28

I know what the op neans. I’m not hourglass but I have a friend who is and she says everything she wear anything unless it’s rwally casual, ends up looking like she’s tried to look sexy

That's complete rubbish. It's not that difficult. I'm an hour glass figure and just know instinctively from being this shape what I cannot get away with. It's so easy to pick clothes that are more demure.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 17-Oct-17 17:09:59

Yes I can’t wear leopard print without looking like I’m charging for it

Or anything lower than a boat neck. I wear a V neck only when going to the pub and wearing a scarf otherwise there’s 8 inches of cleavage

But you need fitted good quality clothes that show almost no cleavage. Nigella Lawson looks amazing but the look is too sexy for me for work. I favour long tunics with shaping and leggings or tights.

Herja Tue 17-Oct-17 17:10:01

Why fizthecat? When I was a hinder hourglass, I wore a size 8. I just had a 24 inch waist. Now I'm not such a thing hourglass, but I was definitely still both size 8 and hourglass...

Paintbox Tue 17-Oct-17 17:10:11

Well fizz, you might think it’s rubbish but it is some people’s feeling about their own shape

Herja Tue 17-Oct-17 17:10:29

Such thin, even.

rightknockered Tue 17-Oct-17 17:14:27

Well I know what you mean op
I tend to always try to find clothes that make me look less sexy. But then I think fuck it, this is me, I wouldn't expect anyone else to feel conscious of their size or shape, so I should be equally kind to myself.
Just embrace who you are.
although I do sometimes feel self-conscious

fizzthecat1 Tue 17-Oct-17 17:15:35

Because aren't people with an hour glass figure meant to have big boobs? You might be slightly curvy but that's not the same as a hour glass figure lol

If I had a breast reduction today I'd be a size 10, but I have to but a bigger size in tops atleast because I have an hour glass figure

SweetChickadee Tue 17-Oct-17 17:19:35

Yep - I seem to either look like a frump or a tart.

I'm tall size 12 with G cups. Tricky to get it right

hendricksyousay Tue 17-Oct-17 17:20:13

Good to hear I’m not that crazy , I wore a shirt dress yesterday with thick tights and ankle boots and everyone asked me where I was going . 🙄

rightknockered Tue 17-Oct-17 17:21:49

I buy a size 8/10, sometimes a 12. If I had a breast reduction, and lipo on my arse, I could wear a size 6.

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Tue 17-Oct-17 17:21:53

Lol at not being a real hourglass if you fit in a size 8 top. I'm not an 8 any more, but when I was I had a 24" waist and 30G boobs. Definitely hourglass, definitely size 8. OP I advise Zara strappy vests under everything. I'm a teacher so have to be demure for work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: