Talk

Advanced search

Collagen supplements - bloody brilliant results!

(21 Posts)
Rosierose98 Wed 23-Nov-16 23:09:56

Just wanted to share my results of recently starting collagen supplements, they are fantastic! I'm a sucker for any new face fad/ lotion/ potion & the other day collagen supplements appeared in my newsfeed on Facebook, anyhow I did some online research & decided to purchase ' Hydrolysed Collagen ' supplements [Edited by MNHQ]. To be fair I wasn't really expecting any major results but knowing that I'm getting on a bit I thought what have I got to loose ? A week later I noticed subtle skin improvements, facial skin looks plumper & more hydrated, my lips aren't as dry & they definitely look slightly more plump. I'm amazed! For any of you that are interested in anti - ageing, these supplements are well worth purchasing : )

LineyReborn Wed 23-Nov-16 23:11:39

That sounds like advertising copy tbh.

Rosierose98 Wed 23-Nov-16 23:13:56

Just sharing my experience as everyone likes to have nice skin and I'm really happy with the results : )

Oliversmumsarmy Wed 23-Nov-16 23:15:39

Looked at them a few weeks ago but they are not vegetarian. Made from shellfish.

I am trying to track down the vegetarian/kosher version but either it is not supplied in this country or it is only available in Israel or they still haven't developed it yet I can't find anything on it.

I desperately need something as everyone says I look permanently miserable

Im0gen Wed 23-Nov-16 23:30:53

Hi Rosie rose and welcome to Mumsnet

swoonmacaroon Wed 23-Nov-16 23:33:17

smile

Obsidian77 Thu 24-Nov-16 00:26:27

Glad to know they work but your post doesn't sound genuine....

YoungPretenderMortificado Thu 24-Nov-16 00:29:17

You sure are jolly.

Rosierose98 Thu 24-Nov-16 00:37:50

Yes I am jolly because I am generally a happy person lol. And re my post doesn't sound genuine ... never heard of anybody making something up about some low end priced £24.99 supplements... do you think that I'm like the Countess of Holland & Barrett hoping to inherit the millions of pounds I'm going to make by pushing my product on here?? Wowsers ... will keep my beauty advice to myself from now on... miserable buggers.

Rosierose98 Thu 24-Nov-16 00:43:52

Oliversmumsarmy - have you looked at hyaluronic acid capsules? They are supposed to give similar results, I think that they are vegan too.

Manumission Thu 24-Nov-16 01:00:17

grin

Rosierose98 Thu 24-Nov-16 01:10:03

.... Err Manumission .... nothing jolly allowed here... certainly no emojis of smiley faces hmm

Manumission Thu 24-Nov-16 01:17:00

Sorry. I'm just so cheered up by the prospect of such effective "low end priced" £24.99 supplements.

I love a good supplement. If only someone would tell us which specific retailer stocks this wonderful product.

Rosierose98 Thu 24-Nov-16 01:30:25

I love a good supplement too... that's why I sound so jolly about it.

Question is though before you consider to purchase... do I sound genuine ???

Genuine & jolly ??? No that can't be right.

Well considering that I used to spend a small fortune on ineffective face crap from the expensive counters in Debenhams / House of Fraser etc... I've decided to be extra jolly about these supplements because I like the results !!

Whatever but it's cheered up my mardy winter face a little : )

RockyBird Thu 24-Nov-16 01:46:29

I get my vitamins and supplements online for a fraction of the price of Holland and Barrett. They seem to be much better quality too.

LisaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 24-Nov-16 07:48:26

Hi everyone, as far as we can see this is a genuine recommendation and so is allowed. We've edited out where you can purchase this product, however, just to avoid any more suggestions that it may be spam.

Misssss Thu 24-Nov-16 08:44:48

Just to echo the op collagen supplements are great. Not the H&B ones though. They did nothing for me. The ones I like best are polish by some company called Olimp labs. Really do make a great difference to skin.

Rosierose98 Thu 24-Nov-16 09:34:23

Thankyou Misssss .... I will look into this : )

JohnCheese Thu 24-Nov-16 11:47:35

I really can't see how taking collagen supplements is going to make any difference. And afaik, there is no evidence that proves this. It's just a protein. It is broken down in the body to its component amino acids. It is not travelling around the body as collagen, and preferentially 'landing' in the dermis, plumping up skin. So, it's just a few extra amino acids. Freely available in any half-decent diet.

Save your money and spend it on a good SPF.

Dowser Thu 24-Nov-16 12:01:35

Agree with you John Cleese .

Also agree about h and b supplements. Always read the labels. See if they are full of fillers. You could be paying a lot of money for poor quality ingredients. I dowse their products to see if they will be beneficial to me. If they are not over an 8 they go back on the shelves. Best advice for your whole body of course is no smoking, hydrate with water i.e. Drink it, low alcohol, a varied diet with low carb, plenty of veg ( organic or with as few pesticides as possible) some fruit, good quality protein.

If you are going to buy supplements you want a decent company . I tend to go for tinctures rather than pills where possible as the tinctures tend to be the plant plus alcohol.
Otherwise I go to companies like nutri, solgar, viridian ..there's probably others . Just cant think at the moment

Oliversmumsarmy Sat 26-Nov-16 20:07:14

Hyaluronic acid capsules

Tried the face stuff and I was one of the few who have an adverse reaction to it so a bit hmm taking pills.

Best advice for your whole body of course is no smoking, hydrate with water i.e. Drink it, low alcohol, a varied diet with low carb, plenty of veg ( organic or with as few pesticides as possible) some fruit, good quality protein

I do all that and still look like the back end of a bus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now