Talk

Advanced search

Listing, Viewing, and Offers Thread 4!

(580 Posts)
Nessalina Mon 04-Sep-17 09:24:07

The thread in which all our houses sell, and we find the place of our dreams!
Come and join us for moral support through the delights of buying and selling smile

Nessalina Mon 04-Sep-17 09:29:08

Checking in...

Living in Leeds, new baby on the way, so we're upsizing. House is under offer, but we're yet to find the place we want to move to! Currently pining for a place at the top of our budget that isn't actually quite big enough. Because I'm a FOOL.

Gizlotsmum Mon 04-Sep-17 09:31:39

Place marking as nothing much will happen with us until home buyers surveys are completed next week...

Frescoed Mon 04-Sep-17 09:42:43

Place marking as well. Waiting to find out this morning what the status of the buyers who offered the asking price is - if they're not proceedable, I think we'll take the other offer and try and get moving. Looking online at lots of unsuitable properties, I think it'll be a couple of weeks before we can go and look again at options to buy.

KitKat1985 Mon 04-Sep-17 09:50:06

Thanks for the new thread Nessalina. If you are pining for the one with the odd layout but in the good location, is there a way you could extend it or make use of clever storage ideas to make it bigger / seem bigger?

Good news on the two offers Frescoed. The buyers who offered the asking price offer though sound a tad flaky. Hopefully though you will find out they are proceedable today.

No more news yet after my last update. Keep staring at my phone to see if EA have phoned to confirm that those viewers we had last week who picked up an application form have completed and returned the application form but no news yet. I think I'll ring EA's tomorrow for an update if I've heard nothing by then.

drspouse Mon 04-Sep-17 10:47:08

Hello, waiting for feedback from our viewers on Sat (not holding out much hope) and moving over to our new EAs later in the week. Photos of the rather empty house today.

MrsPussinBoots Mon 04-Sep-17 14:23:18

Hello, checking in. First time buyer single mum in a small town - nothing available at the moment. All I want is a 3 bed with a garden for £150k!
Here to learn all the inside tips and tricks from you very helpful sellers and buyers while I search.

Nasreen Mon 04-Sep-17 15:09:28

House currently on the market..

Wanting to re locate North West to South East (have a separate thread!).
Wondering if it is actually do able??
Also job hunting, but don't know whether to look North or South at this moment in time??
Just changed agent and going to try an 'open house' at the end of the month.
Feeling very frustrated and in limbo really..

Frescoed Mon 04-Sep-17 15:14:46

So, turns out the asking price buyers don't have to sell to buy ours (though they are planning to), which apparently means they are 'proceedable' - so we've accepted their offer, and I can start crossing my fingers for whatever the next thing that might go wrong is!

We are after a garden MrsPuss and it's really limiting where we look, but I'm not keen on a house without.

Sounds complicated Nasreen I guess finances are tricky when you're going from a cheaper to a pricier market.

Gizlotsmum Mon 04-Sep-17 15:37:44

Oh that's good news Fresco!

Funnyface1 Mon 04-Sep-17 16:01:17

I'm going to join in. My house goes on the market tomorrow but I my estate agent sent round a first time buyer last week. He made an offer the next day which I am happy to accept and went in the next day with proof of funds. He didn't actually have his aip so they've sent him away to get it.

That was Friday so now I don't know where I am. I know he was keen to get a move in so that we didn't actually market it but so far I think we will have to.

I'm also struggling to find the right thing for us. Went to see a house on Saturday which was right in so many ways but needs more work than we thought. At the moment it's priced way too high for all the work it needs.

So I feel a bit stressed, deflated and in limbo.

Nessalina Mon 04-Sep-17 17:21:16

Well I spent all morning googling planning permission in the area to see if a future loft conversion might be on the cards for impractical layout house. Then I got a call from the EAs asking for 'feedback' after our viewing - turns out the vendors accepted an offer on the property yesterday, so their ringing was actually sharking for competition for the offer already in hmm EAs really are bastards aren't they??
So that's the house out. We couldn't have offered full asking price anyway, so no chance vs competition. They've been on the market 6 months so we'd thought a cheeky offer might have been on the cards!
Back to the drawing board again...

Nessalina Mon 04-Sep-17 17:31:08

KitKat - get hassling, EAs don't seem to be all that good at chasing with that sort of thing in my experience so far...hmm

MrsPuss - welcome! You could've bought my place! grin

Nasreen- my autocorrect keeps changing your name to Mastermind Sounds like a potentially expensive move!! When do you want to do it?

Fresco - that sounds good, but I'd make sure if they're claiming they don't have to sell their existing property that they won't keep you hanging around until they do... ignore my paranoia though, it's fab to be under offer, woo hoo!

Funnyface Welcome! Sounds like a good start at least! Your EAs need to earn their fee chasing it up now as they haven't had to do any work marketing it grin Totally feel you on the deflation - finding the perfect house seems impossible sometimes!

kiely32 Mon 04-Sep-17 17:38:18

Can I join??? 😊

House been on the market since early August. Have had around 13 viewings I think, I lost count, and 1 second viewing. Feedback has been very positive but no offers 😣

I also feel in a constant state of limbo, especially as last week I was only given 1.5 hrs notice before 2nd viewing - cue headless chicken! But still no offer.

I have found a 'do you upper' that I would love to buy but need an offer on ours first. It has been on the market for nearly a year and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no other interest.

I am told the market will start to pick up during September, through October but things are not moving round here at the moment, previously it has been a popular area - next door sold full asking price in 10 days, 6 months ago.

KitKat1985 Mon 04-Sep-17 17:40:27

Oh I'm sorry Nessalina. sad

Welcome MrsPussInBoots. I hope something comes on the market for you soon.

Nasreen I'm in the South East. I may be able to help advise on cheaper areas down here if that would help?

Great news Frescoed! grin

I hope Funnyface1 you get some clarification on what's going on with your buyer soon and that you find something to make an offer on which suits you.

As for us, I was going to wait until tomorrow to contact the EA but I got impatient so phoned them about half an hour ago. They haven't heard back yet from the couple who picked up an application form (which I think they picked on Thurs, but could have been Friday morning) which seems a bit odd. If they were really keen I would have thought they would have done it quite quickly and dropped it in over the weekend or today so I'm starting to think that may have been false hope and they've got cold feet. EA said he would ring them later to see where they are at with it. We do have two viewings booked in for us though - one for weds morning and one for Sat morning, so I guess that's good though (aside from the issue of having to keep the house clean with a baby and toddler)!

KitKat1985 Mon 04-Sep-17 17:42:52

Oh x-post. Welcome Kiely32 too. I hope you get a buyer soon. It's awful isn't it when you get hopeful each time you have a viewing booked in and then nothing ever comes of it.

Gizlotsmum Mon 04-Sep-17 17:53:59

Kit Kat, can't they check eligibility before they view? Seems like a lot of wasted time doing it the other way round!

DragonMamma Mon 04-Sep-17 18:27:03

Hello all

Just checking in! Think survey will be arranged this week after a bit of a cock up...fingers crossed!

Gizlotsmum Mon 04-Sep-17 18:33:08

Fx dragon

PickAChew Mon 04-Sep-17 18:37:27

We're plodding along. Survey on our house next week. Still at the submitting endless pdfs stage with our online broker. Punishing new school run that we're moving to get away from starts tomorrow!

WaxWaxWax Mon 04-Sep-17 18:40:45

Can I join!

It's all been a bit of a whirlwind here. Our house went on RM last Saturday, first viewers on Wednesday made an asking price offer. Sold board has gone up today. They've no house to sell and are cash buyers, their solicitor confirmed the cash has been deposited with him so fingers crossed for a smooth sale. We were on holiday whist all this was happening.

We've an offer accepted on a property, a couple who have separated so it's a bit tricky as EA's are having to deal with two vendors and almost act as mediators. We have our mortgage approved, hopefully the survey will be done end of this week/beginning of next week.

Gizlotsmum Mon 04-Sep-17 18:56:13

Wow Wax that is moving quickly. Congratulations

MrsJW15 Mon 04-Sep-17 19:49:21

Wow, @WaxWaxWax very speedy! Hope it's a smooth ride.

Nasreen Mon 04-Sep-17 20:02:52

Thanks for your comments everyone..it certainly is a time of unrest (or so it feels!)

Nessalina I think you might be right re: the expensive move! We are hoping that we sell by the end of the year at least, but who knows.

Kitkat Well, my mum and dad are in Aylesbury, Bucks, but we have no chance of affording there (unless we can find a real 'do upper' project out in one of the villages). So it might be that we focus on Northamptonshire or somewhere that neck of the woods? The prices seem so out of our reach down there at the moment. We are in a 5 bed detached with large family garden, with garage to house 3 cars and can expect £379 950 max we are told..

Wax that is fast moving! Well done and best of luck!

Best of luck to everyone else on here (just got to dash and sort last min school stuff!) :-)

KitKat1985 Mon 04-Sep-17 20:27:43

Gizlot I know the EA are vetting the people who view to check they can get a mortgage (some people who have enquired weren't able to so weren't offered a viewing). I don't know how much further they are vetting people though re: the housing association criteria.

Good luck with survey DragonMamma and PickAChew!

Wow! Really quick progress there WaxWaxWax. Hope it all continues to go smoothly.

Nasreen ahh sadly I don't know Northamptonshire. I'm in East Sussex, so I only really know the East and West Sussex area, and along the South coast. All I can say is a similar house this way to what you currently have will be about £500,000 - £600,000 I would think. Northamptonshire is a similar sort of distance from London so I'm guessing prices will be similar? So I guess you either need a bigger budget to what you have currently or be in a position that can downsize.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now