Would you like help with your weekly food shop? Test Lollipop’s new shopping assistant and get a £10 voucher for feedback

(19 Posts)
LucyBMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Jul-21 10:23:19

We’re looking for Mumsnet users to test out Lollipop; a free, smart shopping assistant which helps you do your weekly food shop and gives you inspiration for meals to cook. You can find out more about Lollipop here. This test is open to all UK Mumsnetters with at least one child who lives at home.

Here’s what Lollipop has to say: “We know that grocery shopping is a time consuming chore. That’s why we’ve launched Lollipop, the brand new way to do the weekly shop, designed with you in mind. We’ll help you get your household essentials in record speed… without forgetting the toilet roll. Often the toughest part of the weekly shop is deciding what to eat but Lollipop will have you effortlessly cooking new yummy meals the whole family will love.

Today we’re building features that make the shop quicker, giving you valuable time back (if you promise to treat yourself with it). In future, we’ll make it easy to share the responsibility with the rest of your house, until eventually, Lollipop will just do the shop for you. We’re just getting started so your feedback is critical to making sure that we build something which changes your life. Yes, we want it to be that good! So don’t hold back, tell us what you think, and join the shopping revolution.”

Selected testers will need to use Lollipop to order their next online grocery shop via Sainsbury’s (please note there is a minimum shop value of £40). If you don’t already shop via Sainsbury’s online, Lollipop can help you create a Sainsbury’s account.

After testing Lollipop, testers will need to give their feedback via a thread on Mumsnet and complete a short survey. As a thanks for their time, all testers who leave the required feedback will receive a £10 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

If you’re interested in taking part, please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

OP’s posts: |
Challengerice Thu 08-Jul-21 12:30:41

Done

TheGirlWhoLived Fri 09-Jul-21 07:12:50

I was all for this until I saw it was Sainsburys! Definitely not my supermarket of choice

FinallyHere Fri 09-Jul-21 17:08:13

I can't be sure, from having read the blurb, what they are actually doing.

We use another supermarket's site, which appears to me to be doing these things already, learning and remembering favourites, storing different shopping lists, reminding you of things you usually buy but haven't.

Challengerice Fri 09-Jul-21 17:21:17

@LucyBMumsnet. When will we hear please

lubeybooby Sat 10-Jul-21 08:20:48

Done, I use Sainsburys regularly anyway and think it sounds potentially interesting

Orangesandlemons77 Sun 11-Jul-21 15:57:08

I would do, but I think Sainsbury's has a charge for delivery and I can get free delivery with a £40 shop at Waitrose...

Advertisement

Rupertpenrysmistress Sun 11-Jul-21 20:34:19

Completed until I realised it is was Sainsbury's. Too expensive for me.

Mogloveseggs Sun 11-Jul-21 20:36:55

Done. This sounds intriguing.

Graphista Mon 12-Jul-21 00:33:16

This makes no sense whatsoever! Why should shoppers need an additional app to shop online with a supermarket that already has an app?

I used to be a Sainsburys shopper until at the start of lockdown they lost the plot!

Shut down their app, site and phone lines, cancelled customer orders with no notice, then even when they did open things up again it was near impossible to get a delivery slot even if you were on the vulnerable customer list. They massively let down disabled and elderly customers, inc regular customers at this time.

I for one will never shop with them again.

LittleAndOften Mon 12-Jul-21 10:29:01

If they could go round 3 different supermarkets in my behalf, I'd go for it. I get some things at Lidl, some at Home Bargains and some at Sainsburys. That would be genuinely helpful. Otherwise I don't see the point.

mommathatwearspink Mon 12-Jul-21 19:55:12

Done. Anything that might make life easier is always a bonus!

Dangermouse80 Wed 14-Jul-21 21:11:39

Sounds interesting. Looking for a way to stop endlessly food shopping!!

Itwasgoodwhileitlasted Sat 17-Jul-21 08:26:34

How do I know I will be able to use voucher at my local store?

Where is the list?

Forstarters Sat 17-Jul-21 10:27:05

I hate to talk down a new business but I too don’t understand the premise. I shop with Ocado which has recipes - and if I want I click and the ingredients go into my basket. This is the same functionality that the supermarket apps already have no?

Viviennemary Sun 18-Jul-21 17:42:51

Sounds like a bit of a gimmick to me. I like Sainsburys but wouldn't bother with this.

LucyBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 20-Jul-21 15:07:45

Thank you to everyone who has signed up to test Lollipop so far.

For this product test, we're selecting testers in a few groups. We selected the first group of testers today so do check your emails if you've signed up to take part. We'll be selecting another group of testers next week so don't be disheartened if you haven't yet heard from us smile

LucyBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Jul-21 12:15:03

The second group of testers has been selected and notified, so please check your email if you signed up to take part.

We'll be selecting another group of testers this time next week smile

NowWeAreSuckingDieselFella Tue 27-Jul-21 22:16:31

Has anyone tried this yet? I put in we were feeding 2 adults, a 10 year old and a 2 year old and we eat together and I wanted quick and easy. The recipe suggestions include

seared duck salad with grapefruit, Thai basil and lime dressing

Handmade gnocchi with sage butter and amaretti crumble (60 minutes prep/cooking)

Salmon sushi salad

Wouldn't get me or DH to eat those let alone the kids!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in