Talk

Advanced search

Would you and your children like to join Egmont’s Reading club? Sign up here - £300 voucher to be won

(238 Posts)
JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 01-Apr-20 13:23:28

We are looking for Mumsnetters in the UK with at least one child aged 2-12 to read with their children and be part of Egmont’s Reading Club.

If you have more than one child you’d like to take part, please sign up individually for them by completing the survey more than once, using the same personal details for yourself. You will need to complete individual feedback for each child as a part of the reading club.

Egmont will be sending you and your child at least 2 books weekly and occasionally magazines for a period of 6 weeks, asking you to read together and share your experiences. You’d also get a copy of Help Your Child Love Reading by Alison David.

Here’s what Egmont has to say: “Coronavirus has turned the world upside down and we are all dealing with a new ‘normal’ – the children are home from school and we have to find ways to keep them occupied, happy and to keep the learning going. There is one simple thing that can help in so many ways, and that’s reading aloud to them. We’d like you to read to your child every day, more than once a day if you’d like! That’s why we are starting the Egmont Reading Club on Mumsnet.

We at Egmont know the enormous benefits of reading aloud to children including supporting their learning and a better sense of wellbeing. It's deeply comforting to be read to and in these times of uncertainty we're keen to help families enjoy special time together.”

Selected testers will be asked to complete the following tasks:
1. Indicate which books (from a list) that you’d like to receive each week for 6 weeks
2. Read with your children daily or more often.
3. Fill in a reading diary (which we will be sending to you weekly).
4. Leave your feedback for each week of reading throughout the 6 weeks on a public thread on Mumsnet.

All selected participants in Egmont’s Reading Club who leave the required feedback on the public feedback thread and in all 6 weekly diaries will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

If you’re interested in taking part, click here to sign up.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

OP’s posts: |
ButterflyBitch Wed 01-Apr-20 14:25:54

It says I’ve already done this survey so can’t go back in to sign up my next child?

JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 02-Apr-20 09:15:40

@ButterflyBitch apologies! We've fixed this so you should now be able to complete a second time.

OP’s posts: |
Marlenaff7 Thu 02-Apr-20 09:34:27

Maybe try again as I’ve completed the survey twice for both of my children without a problem. Best of luck 😉

ButterflyBitch Thu 02-Apr-20 09:57:30

@JustineBMumsnet thank you! Will try again.

ProseccoandPizza Thu 02-Apr-20 10:49:39

This looks awesome smile

PenguinsCantFly Thu 02-Apr-20 18:17:26

This sounds fab!

claza93 Thu 02-Apr-20 19:33:46

What a brilliant idea!

UncleBillyLostHisWilly Thu 02-Apr-20 21:19:42

I've applied, fingers crossed!

jennymac31 Thu 02-Apr-20 21:48:48

Done.

Sami89 Thu 02-Apr-20 23:07:47

Done smile

Caillou Fri 03-Apr-20 10:22:46

filled for my 3, sounds like such a fantastic opportunity.

EvilHerbivore Fri 03-Apr-20 11:31:05

Sent me to 'a bad gateway request' - could I check if mine went through please?

Caillou Fri 03-Apr-20 12:21:23

@evilherbivore i had the same happened when filling out for my 3rd child, so I resubmitted and it worked then, I hope they haven't received multiples applications for her. sorry mnhq if you did

Caillou Fri 03-Apr-20 12:21:38

@evilherbivore i had the same happened when filling out for my 3rd child, so I resubmitted and it worked then, I hope they haven't received multiples applications for her. sorry mnhq if you did

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 03-Apr-20 14:40:18

What a fab idea

Every day since a few weeks old I have read many books to my daughter now 3

She loves books and will sit happily reading them to her babies or sitting with me or daddy and reading /listening

I’m glad she has my love of books

giedre83 Fri 03-Apr-20 14:41:58

This sounds so amazing!!! I love reading and love to share stories with my little ones. Would love to try it smile

Eep14 Fri 03-Apr-20 14:46:04

Sounds great!! Would love to try x

JenPanda Fri 03-Apr-20 14:52:11

Wow this would be fantastic for my little girl who loves reading.

olbndansmummy Fri 03-Apr-20 15:22:49

Awesome, all signed up.

mandes1 Fri 03-Apr-20 15:33:51

Brilliant idea! x

Arriaga Fri 03-Apr-20 16:55:48

I have signed up for this - thanks Mumsnet!

carz1985 Fri 03-Apr-20 17:12:38

This looks fantastic applied for 3 of mine so fingers crossed. Thankyou

MamaChan Fri 03-Apr-20 18:41:23

Fingers crossed. It’s great to give the kids something to look forward to each week. Especially at a time like this.

Seb19521710 Fri 03-Apr-20 19:21:34

I have applied for all four of my children this is a fantastic opportunity!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in