Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Evorel Conti Patches

(8 Posts)
mermaidbright Mon 13-Nov-17 11:18:28

I went to the doctors today and have been prescribed Evorel Conti patches.

Just wanted to know your experience on this type of hrt,

Thanks

daisytalks Mon 13-Nov-17 11:55:39

I'm on Evorel sequi, even though I am post menopause at 49. I started 5 months ago and this regime seems to suit me very well so far. I felt I didn't want to take progesterone all the time so 2 weeks estrogen only then 2 weeks prog & estrogen & I feel so much better! Back to how I felt years ago before all this palava started😌

mermaidbright Mon 13-Nov-17 12:27:48

Thanks Daisy, I am glad to hear that hrt is working well for you.

You are not wrong about menopause being a palava. When I was younger I longed for my periods to be over, I didn't realise everything that went with it. It's been rough.

daisytalks Mon 13-Nov-17 13:23:18

It certainly can be a very rough time for some of us. I found the months after my last period horrendous...especially emotionally.
I hope Evorel works well for you and you feel better soon flowers

mermaidbright Mon 13-Nov-17 13:40:26

Daisy, I went to the doctors because I was fed up with joint and muscle pain. I wasn't expecting her to say try hrt so I was a bit surprised. I am a little scared to try the patches but I have nothing to lose really.

PollyPerky Mon 13-Nov-17 16:15:41

mermaid- conti HRT is for women who have not had a period for at least 12 months or are over age 54. You may get odd bleeding for the first 6 months and I assume your GP had advised and discussed this with you? TBH if you are just post meno, you would be better starting with a sequi type so you can work out which dose of estrogen suits you best, and how you react to the 2 weeks of progestogen in sequi, before using a combined type all the time.

mermaidbright Mon 13-Nov-17 16:25:17

Polly, I have not had a period for 21 months.

PollyPerky Mon 13-Nov-17 17:04:23

That's ok in theory but there is no 'rule' about using conti HRT if you prefer not to. I am 10 years post meno and use sequi still as I prefer a cycle, not taking progestogen daily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now