Talk

Advanced search

To invite all Mumsnetters to the Brexit Rally in Parliament Square tomorrow afternoon/evening?

(783 Posts)
SunnyInGrimsby Thu 28-Mar-19 22:21:36

OK, it's doubtful Brexit is going to happen any time soon but definitely worth coming along and standing up for what we voted for.

Very little coverage in the media - unfortunately no full page spreads in the Standard for us....

It will be going on until early evening so still worth turning up if you can't get the day off work. Lots of great speakers including Julia Hartley Brewer, Claire Fox, Kate Hoey et al.

Acis Mon 01-Apr-19 08:41:17

"Project Fear" is such a lazy meme. If people had said a year ago that three days after the official leaving date we still would have no idea what if any deal we would have for Brexit, they would have had "Project Fear" hurled at them.

If the worries around medication and cancer treatment isotopes are just "Project Fear", scaryteacher, would you care to explain how we are to organise a steady supply in the course of the next 10 days?

bellinisurge Mon 01-Apr-19 08:44:29

Ah yes, Project Fear. Explanation of worst case scenarios is apparently worse than lying. Actual lies. That people fell for: That bus. Bendy bananas. Shit like that.

Alsohuman Mon 01-Apr-19 09:05:47

Bloody Project Fear, the current scenario is worse than anything people accused of that could ever have dreamed of.

MullofKintire Mon 01-Apr-19 09:07:21

I think you'd be surprised as to the result. In 6 years time, you'll have further enlargement, and it will be the Balkans joining, Montenegro, Serbia (sex trafficking, gun running, drugs trafficking with huge amounts of organised crime and little respect for human life) to name but two. That worries me

@scaryteacher....it is clear from your posts that you do have some idea of how the EU works - through the rather distorted lense of the UK military- so you MUST know that no new country can join the EU without all the other MS saying yes to the arrangement.

Your implication that this could somehow be foisted on the UK is a continuation of the blatant lies and deceit that characterised the leave campaign. Why are you posting this stuff?

Helmetbymidnight Mon 01-Apr-19 11:03:33

before the ref, scaryteacher posted a lot about her great concern of turkey joining the Eu andbritain having no say.

i think its to her credit that she realises that she was spreading lies and has now turned her attention to project-fearing about other countries.

TaMereAPoilDevantPrisu Mon 01-Apr-19 11:22:48

Given Slovakia's new president is likely more liberal than whoever we are lumped with post-May, they probably have more to fear from us than the other way round wink

LaDilettante Mon 01-Apr-19 11:35:03

@scaryteacher The pound has fallen 12% against the euro since the referendum. That’s a fact, not project fear.

AskingQuestionsAllTheTime Mon 01-Apr-19 14:20:26

I noticed that the pound fell almost that much against the Euro during the evening on which the referendum count was being made, starting well before the first result had been announced and getting really low the following morning. I think it has been reasonably steady -- ie remaining at roughly the same degree of badly down on the rate before that evening -- ever since.

So I suppose "the pound is holding steady against the Euro": it's been that bad for the past two-and-a-half years, but it's been consistently that bad.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »