Talk

Advanced search

To not get Boden?

(112 Posts)
MrsST Mon 06-Nov-17 13:45:50

Just had the Mini Boden magazine posted through the door. It literally (to me anyway) looks like Next & H&Ms stuff but with a much higher price tag with the names of the little darlings modelling their clothes (that’s even if it is their real names. How do you pronounce Anouk?!)
They’re a couple of mums I know that swear by the stuff and constantly dress their little ones in it. I really don’t see the fuss or hype to be perfectly honest.
I’m not too sure how they’ve managed to get my home address, I’ve never shopped there and regularly get brochures from them.

ShitneySpears Mon 06-Nov-17 13:47:24

YANBU

It's over-priced shit for middle class yummy mummies with too much time and money.

candlefloozy Mon 06-Nov-17 13:48:51

I love boden! The patterns are a lot more unique than next and the like. I only have very few things for my dd. But you can sell them on at a Better price than other clothes too

MorrisZapp Mon 06-Nov-17 13:49:16

Anook?

How do you know it's Boden your friend's kids wear if it looks like Next or H&M?

I'm no great Boden lover but for every person who buys it there are two more going 'I don't get it! Is it just me?'.

They're quite nice, reasonably well made clothes. That's all.

DonkeyOaty Mon 06-Nov-17 13:50:23

If it isn't for you then that is okay, it really is. Don't fret.

GothAndTired Mon 06-Nov-17 13:50:55

The patterns are a lot more unique than next and the like.

So unique that all of the other Boden-loving parents' kids are wearing them.

ThomasHardyPerennial Mon 06-Nov-17 13:51:07

It's just a clothes retailer, I don't get why there is so much angst about it. Like the clothes, don't like the clothes...what's the big deal.

SaucyJack Mon 06-Nov-17 13:51:55

YANBU.

I do like the Borden "look" on toddlers. Lots of bright colours funky patterns.

But you can get it much cheaper in H&M/Sainsury's/Boots.

I'd never pay Bowden prices.

BenLui Mon 06-Nov-17 13:52:29

Anouk is a perfectly ordinary name, in both France and the Netherlands.

If you don’t like the clothes don’t buy them. <shrug>

If you call the number in the catalogue they will remove you from their mailing list.

897654321abcvrufhfgg Mon 06-Nov-17 13:53:08

My 16 year old sons boden coat from when he was 7 has been worn by his 2 younger brothers and his cousin and it still looks great on his 7 year old brother. That's why I buy Mini Boden. If u buy key pieces in the sale u can get a bargain. Women's stuff far too expensive for me though!!

SaucyJack Mon 06-Nov-17 13:53:12

^^ see? I'm such an inverted snob my autocorrect doesn't even recognise the word "Boden".

margaritasbythesea Mon 06-Nov-17 13:56:04

I have a DS who likes cute animals and bright colours. It can be really hard to find him t´shirts like this, except at Boden. There is nothing at Next liek that this season that I have seen, nor H and M apart from sweatshirt with a leopard on it that I have got him. There is some stuff at Joules etc but it´s no different in price.

I don´t love the prices, but the clothes do was well and I can get my son something he actually likes not grey, black etc

So, in my opinion they do actually fill a niche shaped exactly like my son. If I am missing something I would be glad to know.

margaritasbythesea Mon 06-Nov-17 13:56:36

Sorry for the typos!

Battleax Mon 06-Nov-17 13:56:53

Next have copied Boden childrenswear to a marked degree. Boden stuff is still far superior quality.

DillyDilly Mon 06-Nov-17 13:57:11

You do know it’s ok ‘to not get’ Boden, or any other retailer ??

When my DD was younger, she wore a lot of Boden. The quality was great, lovely colours, the clothes were easy and comfortable to wear. Perfect for little children, not mini adult clothes like a lot of Next stuff.

Battleax Mon 06-Nov-17 13:57:36

I'm also confused that you're confused by Anouk. Where do you live? Darkest Shropshire?

implantsandaDyson Mon 06-Nov-17 13:57:40

It lasts really well - I've bought a few fleeces and a coat for mine from it and one of the fleeced jackets is in its third year and it still does. Although I get sent a £10 voucher about 4 times a year and then I wait for a 25% discount and I never pay for delivery.

ColinCreevy Mon 06-Nov-17 13:58:25

I don't "get" quite a lot of kids brands. I really dislike Boden and most of the stuff in Jojo Maman Bebe. I find it really overpriced for what it is but on the flip side I hate Asda and Matalan kids clothes. I like a happy medium between "naice classy patterns" and plastic applique Disney characters, slogans and glitter.
I usually find things I like in H&M but generally I find kids clothes shopping hard. My 5 year old is now choosing his own clothes and the outfits he comes up with are horrifying.

Tsundoku Mon 06-Nov-17 13:58:39

Oh god. Another 'I don't get...' thread. It's a clothing line, not string theory. Just say you don't like it! What's with this feigned need to have something explained to you, when clearly there's nothing to 'get' (different people like different things and are happy to pay different amounts for them: shocker) and you just want to have a good sneer.

MrsST Mon 06-Nov-17 13:58:41

Because Morris they bloody well tell me.
I do like the patterns etc, that’s not the issue here. It’s just kids clothes get ruined especially the age mine are at 2 years and 3. I actually think the coats aren’t too badly priced- £40, but then £38 for a Christmas jumper?
Trust me I’m not “fretting” hmm

SleepFreeZone Mon 06-Nov-17 13:59:06

I LOVE Boden. I can't afford to shop there but they send me those £10 vouchers with no minimum spend and I love finding a free p&p code and purchasing a lovely pair of trousers for DS for £4 or something. It makes my day!

Mamabear4180 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:59:36

Some of it is nice, most of it looks boring and stuffy to me. I love colourful clothes though like Frugi on babies and toddlers, sometimes boden do similar. I do prefer well made clothes though which boden is but the price is extortionate so I tend to buy 2nd hand. Monsoon do lovely coats similar to boden's smart ones.

I do 'get it' but if paying a lot for something it should be something you wear many times (unlike baby clothes eg)

SleepFreeZone Mon 06-Nov-17 14:00:05

Tsundoku

That was funny grin

BenLui Mon 06-Nov-17 14:00:10

Battleax gringringringrin

MrsST Mon 06-Nov-17 14:00:12

I’m certainly not sneering. Fuck me there’s some goady people on here. Funnily enough I’ve just received a £10 voucher and 20% off shipping, if anyone would like them I’m more than happy to give you the codes etc

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: