So, who's doing Parkrun in the morning?

(287 Posts)
shakingmytambourineatyou Fri 05-Nov-21 23:07:27

Please inspire me as I always think of a reason not to go .

OP’s posts: |
EmmaGellerGreen Fri 05-Nov-21 23:13:35

If course, it’s parkrun day. What else is there to do, chatty run and then breakfast. What’s not to like…..

CalmConfident Fri 05-Nov-21 23:14:16

Me!!! It’s my 200th 😊

Peckhampalace Fri 05-Nov-21 23:14:27

I am volunteering.
I haven't run since pre pandemic but do like seeing my parkrun friends. Gets the weekend off to a positive start.
Go, run/walk/ skip/whatever, but enjoy.

Peckhampalace Fri 05-Nov-21 23:15:15

200....well done...have a great run.

CalmConfident Fri 05-Nov-21 23:15:30

I am a long way from a PB but I like to get, have an amble round, chat with my running buddies and then an occasional cuppa brew

CalmConfident Fri 05-Nov-21 23:16:28

I have my routine now….run on Saturdays, volunteer at Junior Parkrun on Sundays grin

Advertisement

shakingmytambourineatyou Fri 05-Nov-21 23:21:15

Hi all. Chatty and Run do not go in the same sentence with me!. I am old and slow but was enjoying going and was definitely improving. But once I stopped, I just haven't managed to get myself back there.b
Excuses range from too ho,t too cold, hurt my leg, can't find my sports bra etc grin

BogRollBOGOF Fri 05-Nov-21 23:21:34

CalmConfident

I have my routine now….run on Saturdays, volunteer at Junior Parkrun on Sundays grin

My kinda lifestyle grin

shakingmytambourineatyou Fri 05-Nov-21 23:21:57

200. Wow!

MirandaWest Fri 05-Nov-21 23:23:45

I’ll be there. It helps that DD volunteers at it as part of her DofE so seeing as I’m taking her anyway I might as well run it myself grin

shakingmytambourineatyou Fri 05-Nov-21 23:38:18

I think most people going are already asleep grin. This could be where I'm going wrong...

ShirazSavedMySanity Sat 06-Nov-21 05:24:35

I’m volunteering at ours, my first time scanning barcodes.

Youhaveyourhandsfull Sat 06-Nov-21 06:40:27

I will be with my son, I think it’s my 151st and his 140th. Weather is going to be lousy but it’s what you do on a Saturday morning isn’t it…

Rrrob Sat 06-Nov-21 06:47:45

Me! Going somewhere different today as normal place is cancelled because of fireworks.
I got a big pb last week and my barcode had turned to mush in my pocket (v rainy) so I am determined to try again today!

Donatella Sat 06-Nov-21 06:51:19

I'm going! It's only about my 7th or 8th, and I am very slow (about 38mins) but I love it! Although I'm currently in bed trying to motivate myself to get up and have some breakfast 😂

CalmConfident Sat 06-Nov-21 06:55:04

@Rrrob treat yourself to one of those plastic barcodes. Did you not get a time last week? We would have fixed a “turned to mush” barcode if presented - we had a few of those last week at our torrential rain juniors Halloween special.

@shakingmytambourineatyou - just get up, get those trainers on and go. I stopped thinking about PBS but am enjoying the other challenges and colouring in my chart for stopwatch m, position and calendar bingo instead wink

Gingerlovesbiscuits Sat 06-Nov-21 06:55:55

I normally do park run every Sat then volunteer at junior park run every Sunday but am doing a 10k today instead so feeling scared!

CalmConfident Sat 06-Nov-21 06:58:28

@Donatella that’s great to hear, 38 mins is not slow…our final finisher is about an hour. Agree getting out of a cosy bed is the hardest bit

Have a great run /walk / skip everyone…and don’t forget your barcodes grin

CalmConfident Sat 06-Nov-21 06:59:19

Is it your first 10k @Gingerlovesbiscuits? Good luck from all of us !

Donatella Sat 06-Nov-21 07:01:57

CalmConfident

*@Donatella* that’s great to hear, 38 mins is not slow…our final finisher is about an hour. Agree getting out of a cosy bed is the hardest bit

Have a great run /walk / skip everyone…and don’t forget your barcodes grin

Our final finisher is about the same, but there are also over 150 ahead of me and only about 10 behind so I do feel very slow! Doesn't bother me though, I'm just happy I'm running the whole thing, never could have done that a year ago!

AuntieStella Sat 06-Nov-21 07:07:23

I'm awake, drinking my coffee and trying to decide what to wear. Not as fashion parade, more about being the right temperature!

Just running this week - volunteered last week

One possible motivation shaking is how good - and possibly how smug - you'll feel afterwards

tryingtorun Sat 06-Nov-21 07:11:56

Parkrun day here, agree with choosing the right gear so I don't get too hot. Always feel great afterwards

Gingerlovesbiscuits Sat 06-Nov-21 07:13:13

Thank you @CalmConfident! Not my first but certainly my first for a long time. Enjoy your runs everyone.

Aroundtheworldin80moves Sat 06-Nov-21 07:15:33

I've always wanted to... but the idea of driving 30mins, to do a run to drive 30 mins home puts me off. Especially when I live opposite nice woods.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in