Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Went back to weight watchers today

29 replies

sherbert · 08/01/2008 13:05

and I put on 3.5 punds over Christmas, how depressing. that means in total I have lost 2 pounds. I know i have to do this, but it seems so hard to get back on track.

OP posts:
floaty · 08/01/2008 13:18

I also went back today ,I had only put on 1.5 pounds over Xmas but lost 1.5 stones 3 years ago and have put it all back on.Am determined that by the time we go on holiday at Easter i will have lost a stone,trouble is after a week i always seem to get bored!.Am determined not to this time!

sherbert · 08/01/2008 13:30

I know, our leader had us set a goal for Easter. It is 11 weeks til easter, so technically i could lose 11 pounds by then.

I am going to go throw out all the left over Christmas Chocolate.

OP posts:
NiftyNanny · 08/01/2008 13:58

I'm in the same boat, I know it works but it's annoying sometimes! I think my problem is that I am not used to regular meal times, and find it really hard to plan. Hopefully starting my new job and using my new!! (borrowed) crock pot to make casseroles that will be ready as soon as I walk in at 7pm will help......

I went down to 11.4 before Christmas but after I was bck up to 12 stone. I'm tall but I'm still a little overweight... I'd like to get down to 11 st again.

Thankfully the first week hasn't been that bad and I've been out for dinner 3 times! I think that's the worst thing for me, I'll often be moving around so much I'll eat out at least once a day.

Lazy!

Im blogging it on www.diet.clarabelle.info so I can't cheat, I have to be honest!

To be fair, I know exactly why I gained the weight all through autumn. Someone that makes a Tarte Tatin, serves half of it at dinner and then eats the other half as soon as her guests have gone is NOT going to remain slim. It was bloody nice, though.

MascaraOHara · 08/01/2008 14:00

I've just joined WW. Is there a WW thread on here? is this it?

NiftyNanny · 08/01/2008 14:06

hey mascara! that half stone eh?
I think we should start a few threads, they get huge and I can't keep up........
I knew I would be back at 12 stone after christmas, but at least I enjoyed it.

Definitely doing WW without kidding myself that not counting will work. I am being very strict now, there's no excuse - no drinks, no mother-in-laws cooking you stodge for days on end....

how's it going?

MascaraOHara · 08/01/2008 14:09

lol yes that half stone I haven't gained though so it is still literally half stone.

Had shopping delivered Sunday and started yesterday. So far i'm doing very well. My allowance is 19 points. Had 17 yesterday and so far today I've only had 4. I'm not hungry at all.

NiftyNanny · 08/01/2008 14:25

I was due on my period on Sunday so I am ... hungry!!

Mind you on days like this I just have to say, junk food is what my body wants so a can of WW rice pudding for breakfast (it's like porridge, right??) and a can of spaghetti for lunch will do fine as long as it's within my points!

I've had 10 today, got 6 left as I was a bit naughty last night hehehe oh well. I weighed 12.02 on NY Day and now it's showing 11.10 so not too bad.

I was 11.10 when you started that other thread - I've been down, up and over, and back to the same place.

Perhaps it really is just my natural weight!

sherbert · 08/01/2008 14:42

I think there is a few WW threads, but they are huge with regular posters, so its hard to muscle in .
My points allowance is 22, I have had about 5 today, my problem is that when i am on a 'diet' I am constantly thinking about food, even when I am not hungry, right now I am thinking about cake, thankfully there is no cake in the house, otherwise i would probably eat it and justify it because I know I am going to Aqua aerobics tonight.

HOW CAN I STOP THINKING ABOUT EATING

OP posts:
NiftyNanny · 08/01/2008 22:48

I wish I knew, sherbert!

I think I have transferred my food fanaticism to cooking. I now spend ages dreaming about what and how to cook. So much so that I left the house on a mission for pumpkin today.
I think I will stew it with tomatoes, onions and sumac, then mix in Butterbeans at the end.

The slow cooker is a new thing, I'm quite excited about it, sadly. I am going to make Caponata with artificial sweetener, vingear and loads of aubergines and celery and let it get really yummy and squishy.

I was going to stick it all in my slow cooker, I think I'll do it Thursday as I'm leaving the house later and I don't want it to turn to mush.

The trouble is, I like baking, too......
I have a WW book out of the library and the first thing I turned to was the cakes and bakes section. I'm going to make the Brownies at some point......

PS WW magazine reviewed diet hot chocolate and the one that was voted best had the lowest points - Waitrose! Guess where Nifty is going tomorrow?

spokette · 09/01/2008 09:25

I'm doing WW too (on my own). I put on 4lb at Christmas - too much good food was on offer and my laissez faire attitude has been awful for my waistline.

So far so good - I prefer to count points. I did 40 minutes of cardio at the gym yesterday. I'm aiming to lose one stone by the end of March.

sherbert · 09/01/2008 20:51

Day two has been better.
I have had about 18 points today, I am on 22 so am saving a few up for the weekend. How is everyone else going.

OP posts:
NiftyNanny · 09/01/2008 22:28

I feel a bit dodgy because I have the extra 2 points allocated for a "mostly standing" job as I don't have a sedentary lifestyle, obviously, I'll be out and about with my charges.

I had 20.5 points today, and I'm trying to stick to around 20 for the next couple of days because I had a curry the other night and went a bit over. I know you're meant to be able to carry a max of 4 over.

I cycled from Shepherds Bush to Soho and back again today, so I hope that's earned me an activity point or two!!

Before I started tracking again I didn't realise quite how much I've been eating out, it's been... er.... 3 times in the last 4 days at least _

Hopefully once I get stuck into this new job I won't be going out so much!

I'd love to lose a stone by march, too - ideally by the end of feb, as it's my friend's wedding, but at a lb a week (I'm not going to get my hopes up any more than that) then it'll be more like a half stone.
Wah!

www.diet.clarabelle.info, comment on me so I know people are reading it!

NiftyNanny · 09/01/2008 22:29

oh sorry i already mentioned my blog, shut up nifty!!

katylessbumpy · 10/01/2008 14:31

i joined weight watchers last week.
good to know some others are counting points too.

sherbert · 10/01/2008 21:16

Well despite the initial success yesterday, I woke up in the middle of the night and accidentally ate a chocolate Florentines.
Today not so bad, but then i had pasta for dinner, (lean mince though). I didnt weigh the portion, so do know if i ate a large portion or a ginormous one. I think I am with in range, but feel rather stuffed so cant be sure. How is everyone else doing.

OP posts:
katylessbumpy · 10/01/2008 21:21

had 14 points today.i'm allowed 21 but am saving 4 for the week-end so i've got 3 left.i'm feeling really good and positive

NiftyNanny · 10/01/2008 23:27

Haha Sherbert - seeing as that's neither one day or the other - DOES IT EVEN COUNT!?

I have been on super hungry mode all week as it's my TOTM

I ate with my new nanny family and it was full-whack brown bread, of course I ate the same amount as I normally would although in "my" life I've switched to Nimble, or have salads and veggies to fill up on, rather than cheese and bread. There were very few veg on offer, so I just ate the bread instead! Managed to keep to 23 points, with a late evening SNACK ATTACK. Hmph. Hoping my activity point (puffing away up the vale on the worlds most sluggish bicycle) helped by raising my allowance to 23.......

I just can't wait to see if any water retention will disappear after my period.

Plus I'm not drinking enough water yet. I will carry one around with me when I start this job properly but I am trapped in the house and for some reason I only drink when I'm on the move??

NiftyNanny · 10/01/2008 23:28

katy, aren't you meant to have at least 16 in any one day? I thought you could only carry a max of 4 points as well (or people would eat salad all week then go on a huge drinking / fast food binge at the weekend and think it'd work)?

katylessbumpy · 10/01/2008 23:40

i saved the 4 for saturday but have eaten my 3 this evening i love my food to much to not eat my points

spokette · 11/01/2008 13:57

My first weigh in and I have lost 2.5lb. Yippee. Exercising, eating smaller portions, drinking lots and lots of water and writing down my points clearly worked..

Aiming for another 2lb loss this week.

katylessbumpy · 11/01/2008 14:04

well done spokette

mum2oliver · 11/01/2008 21:12

I joined WW on Wed.I feel very positive and am doing the core plan as I cannot seem to lower my portion sizes.I cant seem to have a little of something.I have to not have it or I will lose control.
Very embarrassing but my pumps are really smelly!!Anyone with the same prob?

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

katylessbumpy · 11/01/2008 21:39

that'll be all the vegetables you are eating

NiftyNanny · 12/01/2008 21:58

Woo well done everyone!

I slipped up yesterday and had loads of chocolate...... grr. Oh well, I was feeling ill and exhausted and I did try other things.

Baked some 2pt brownies today and they're not too bad, hurrah. So the next few days I will try and be super good. Next week I can choose my lunches and bring in food I'd like. So I'm hoping that I'll be able to stick to a straighter and narrower path a bit! Plus I can start cooking meals there that will carry over to the next day, stews and things, so I won't be surviving on bread and cheese.

I hope the period water retention has gone, and the weight I saw this morning is true - I was down another couple of pounds though I am trying to go Monday-Monday. I find if I don't drink enough water the next day I will be up a bit..... dehydration makes you retain water, so keep drinking girls!!

spokette · 14/01/2008 09:53

I've started my period today and boy do I feel bloated. I won't be doing much intense exercise this week but I plan to do some press ups, lunges, squats to tone arms, legs and thighs.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.