Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Weightwatchers - fruit now free????

30 replies

emsyj · 25/10/2010 20:30

I was in a coffee shop the other day and there was a WeightWatchers leader (recognised her from when I used to go Blush ) at the next table with a group of women to whom she was explaining the plan. I think I heard her say that there have been changes to the plan to take account of how your body processes food, and as a result fruit is now ZERO POINTS??? Can this be true? I can't see any evidence that it is true on their website, but I am fairly sure this is what she said Confused . Is it true????

I have a small baby and she won't take a bottle of expressed milk so I am a bit stuck and can't go to a class at the moment, but want to rejoin - if fruit is free I might start sooner rather than later...

OP posts:
crispface · 25/10/2010 21:17

fruit is not free as of now, but I understand (through hushed whisperings) that there is a new plan starting beginning of november :)

will let you know if I hear about it.

emsyj · 25/10/2010 21:57

Oooooooh right I see! It was Wednesday last week when I overheard this stuff. I am pretty sure that's what the leader said - it was the stuff of dreams! But I suspect they have re-assessed the points values of other foods to compensate.

Very exciting stuff!

OP posts:
WynkenBlynkenandNod · 26/10/2010 07:41

I have heard they are changing to the American system of Pro-points which has already been rolled out in some parts of Europe. If I've understood it correctly the points will be calculated to take account of the fibre content. You'll get more points a week but some things are higher in points. On top of your daily allowance you ge a weekly allowance for treats and I think fruit is free. Not totally sure this will be correct but it is the Internet rumour about the changes.

StewieGriffinsMom · 26/10/2010 08:00

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

emsyj · 26/10/2010 12:05

Sounds really interesting - I was planning to rejoin in January (so as to stuff my face all Christmas and then make a fresh start). Fruit being free is a huge plus for me, but a bit worried that it means crisps and biccies will be mega-points!!!!

OP posts:
Ishtar2410 · 26/10/2010 14:20

I was at a meeting last night and the leader was talking about the new system that was coming in. No details yet, but she did say that it wasn't a significant change to the current plan.

However, I've seen a few things around the Internet that tally with posts above, so my guess is that it is a bigger change than she was letting on.

I tend not to count my fruit TBH. I know that if I do, then I won't eat it - I'd rather spend my points on something more interesting!

sfxmum · 26/10/2010 14:24

my leader said we should stay for the meeting in 2 weeks for the new plan as there are quite a few changes apparently

RoxieP · 26/10/2010 19:58

sounds like it's morphing into slimming world...(I've done both)

emsyj · 26/10/2010 20:29

Noooooooooooooo I don't want it to morph into Slimming World - I tried it once when I was feeling almost starved to death on WW but I didn't like it - way too complicated, never understood what 'scan bran' was and haven't been able to look at a Mullerlight without feeling queasy since. I lasted 2 weeks and then went back to WW.

OP posts:
StewieGriffinsMom · 27/10/2010 07:44

gingernutlover · 27/10/2010 08:58

our leader was hinting to us last night about the new plan (I have been reading the german website and asked her some leading questions Wink )

she did confirm that fruit will be free of points - am very pleased

StewieGriffinsMom · 27/10/2010 09:02

Ishtar2410 · 27/10/2010 11:20

Stock cubes now a point! Bugger!

Still, the free fruit thing does appeal to me.

My actual meeting is on a Saturday, so I won't officially find out about the new plan until 13 November. I'm guessing it will be discussed online as more people are told about it.

I'll be watching with interest!

vnmum · 27/10/2010 13:29

I have also been scouting the german and dutch websites for info. The WW website will switch over to new plan on 7th November i believe. From what i have gathered off the other websites and forums, fruit will be free and the points will be worked out using, Protein, Carbs, Fibre and Fat ( I found a pro points calculator App on Android marketplace, not sure of accracy as can't test it yet but hopefully will save me buying new calc in meetings). The daily points allowance will be higher than it is now but some foods will be higher in points too e.g wine and treats i think. I believe it is to encourage you to make healthy choices although the idea of extra points a week for eating out etc does sound like flexible syns on slimming world.

I also thought it was maybe going to get a bit similar to slimming world and i really hope it doesn't as I've tried SW 3 times myself and it doesn't work for me. If it does seem to SWish I will stick with the current plan. I will give the new plan a try though as i am looking forward to free fruit(the one thing i miss off SW) as I am guilty of hardly eating any on WW

StewieGriffinsMom · 27/10/2010 17:39

vnmum · 27/10/2010 18:40

my meeting is on thursdays so i am hoping to find out the details off the website from the sunday it's released before i go to group. If the leader has to tell you your points allowance then they will be very busy at thier meetings that week Smile

DiaDuitTaibhse · 28/10/2010 16:26

Yeah in the UK the programme is changing from the week starting 6/7 Nov. Over here in Ireland we don't get the new programme until January [hsad]

I've gotten some great information about what will be happening on this site.

androbbob · 28/10/2010 21:13

Oh great - just dragged out my old books to read up ready to start again next Wed and its all changin! I dont like that!

I too dont get on with SW - I eat too much! WW always works when I follow correctly so hoping not too big a change.

I suppose that even if you follow the old plan it would still be ok at home?

StewieGriffinsMom · 28/10/2010 21:53

vnmum · 29/10/2010 16:33

please let us know Stewie if you do lose

StewieGriffinsMom · 29/10/2010 19:29

vnmum · 01/11/2010 19:22

Stewie How are you getting on with the new plan now?

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

StewieGriffinsMom · 01/11/2010 19:30

vnmum · 01/11/2010 19:43

i know what you mean about being hungry at night, i'm starving now and no more points left!

StewieGriffinsMom · 02/11/2010 21:15

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.