Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Teacher having a nose job

BlueMediterranean · 17/07/2021 20:18

I would like to have a nose job but I'm a secondary school teacher and I feel a bit anxious about how students, parents and colleagues are going to react.

I have a very big nose and hopefully the surgery will make it way smaller so the change will be massive.

Maybe I'm overthinking the whole thing and nobody cares?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Fluffyowl00 · 17/07/2021 20:47

I changed my hair colour drastically, then 3 months later made reference to my old hair colour. Kids looked at me blankly.

I don’t think they will really notice. You could say you accidentally broke it badly (something dramatic involving a hockey ball?!) and this is how they repaired it.

Please
or

Staffholidayclubrep · 18/07/2021 17:14

You will have to show them before and after shots for it to register with most students.

Please
or

WarriorN · 18/07/2021 20:41

We had a teacher at school when I was doing alevels who had a strangely small jaw; she got some major surgery and no one batted an eye lid.

Hope it goes well.

Please
or

LadyDarkness · 22/07/2021 10:54

My students didn’t realise I was pregnant until I was well into my 3rd trimester. I wouldn’t worry about them. Parents abs colleagues can F off as it’s not their business.

Please
or

Purplepeoniesdroppingpetals · 29/07/2021 21:46

I actually left on secondment as a ta for a month for training in another school and came back as a teacher on the grip - kids had actually forgotten I worked there I think. I would go for it - for some, we are literally furniture.

Please
or

bananafruitcake · 15/08/2021 17:45

Have it done over the summer?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.