Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Teacher having a nose job

BlueMediterranean · 17/07/2021 20:18

I would like to have a nose job but I'm a secondary school teacher and I feel a bit anxious about how students, parents and colleagues are going to react.

I have a very big nose and hopefully the surgery will make it way smaller so the change will be massive.

Maybe I'm overthinking the whole thing and nobody cares?

OP's posts:
Please
or

bananafruitcake · 15/08/2021 17:45

Have it done over the summer?

Please
or

Purplepeoniesdroppingpetals · 29/07/2021 21:46

I actually left on secondment as a ta for a month for training in another school and came back as a teacher on the grip - kids had actually forgotten I worked there I think. I would go for it - for some, we are literally furniture.

Please
or

LadyDarkness · 22/07/2021 10:54

My students didn’t realise I was pregnant until I was well into my 3rd trimester. I wouldn’t worry about them. Parents abs colleagues can F off as it’s not their business.

Please
or

WarriorN · 18/07/2021 20:41

We had a teacher at school when I was doing alevels who had a strangely small jaw; she got some major surgery and no one batted an eye lid.

Hope it goes well.

Please
or

Staffholidayclubrep · 18/07/2021 17:14

You will have to show them before and after shots for it to register with most students.

Please
or

Fluffyowl00 · 17/07/2021 20:47

I changed my hair colour drastically, then 3 months later made reference to my old hair colour. Kids looked at me blankly.

I don’t think they will really notice. You could say you accidentally broke it badly (something dramatic involving a hockey ball?!) and this is how they repaired it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?