Not wanting to detract from the Dr SC and Sentebale but it’s interesting to revisit previous articles on Invictus, this one from Nov 23:
(Dominic Reid, PH right hand man then also left approx 8 months later).
For those that don’t want to click on the link, key text posted.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12746905/Prince-Harrys-Invictus-Games-thrown-chaos-TWO-chiefs-sacked-insiders-warn-staff-morale-time-low-claim-event-budget-despite-30m-government-grant.html
But MailOnline can exclusively reveal that CEO Peter Lawless, a lawyer and arguably Canada's most respected Olympic and Paralympic administrator, has left his job abruptly.
An insider has claimed that Mr Lawless, who was awarded the Diamond Jubilee Medal by Harry's grandmother the Queen in 2012, was fired and morale amongst staff is now 'at an all time low'. An Invictus Games spokesman declined to comment on whether he was sacked, instead saying he had been 'transitioned out' and was 'no longer an employee' but will remain an ambassador
Also leaving the Vancouver-Whistler team is Bill Cooper, who was in the role of Chief Commercial Officer for ten months until he left in October. He has thanked colleagues for their support after several praised his 'grace' and accused Invictus 2025 of making a big mistake by getting rid of him.
One Games volunteer said that staff are 'concerned that these recent moves will again overshadow this incredible event for our veterans'. They also raised concerns that the Sussexes' security and other costs may put a strain on Games finances if Invictus 2025 has to pick up the bill.
The whistleblower said: 'CEO Peter Lawless and Chief Commercial Officer Bill Cooper were dismissed for no apparent reason.
The volunteer claims that the departure of the CEO and the Chief Commercial Officer has caused disquiet internally.
He said: 'As you can expect, the morale among the staff and volunteers is at an all-time low, and Prince Harry and his wife have become a significant distraction with all their troubles.