Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Perfume Parlour is no more!

ILookAtTheFloor · 22/09/2022 16:58

Hi all,

I see on the PP FB group it appears that a disgruntled customer has managed to successfully close down PP (for now, it wouldn't surprise me if they rise from the ashes) in the mean time, anyone know of any other online perfume dupe places? Ta!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Chevyimpala67 · 22/09/2022 17:00

Whaaaattttt???????

Please
or

JoyDivisionOvenGlovesx · 22/09/2022 17:01

Aw, gutted!

Please
or

ThickCutSteakChips · 22/09/2022 17:06

What?! How? Gutted Sad

Please
or

TangoTizer · 22/09/2022 17:10

noooooooooo

please say this is isn’t so

Please
or

PeloFondo · 22/09/2022 17:11

How?!

Please
or

ILookAtTheFloor · 22/09/2022 17:20

I don't really know the ins and outs, a guy who was a prolific reviewer on the FB was removed from the group for being rude etc and by the looks of it he's gone on the rampage- it's only a small company and he's driven them off! The website is down. So sad, I love it.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BowlofNothing · 22/09/2022 17:23

It's gone completely? Or just the a Facebook group? Gutted as it's been the only reliable dupe house I've ordered from for years!

Please
or

ILookAtTheFloor · 22/09/2022 17:42

The website is 404 error - gone completely. The FB group is still up and reeling of course.

OP's posts:
Please
or

JofraArchersFastestBall · 22/09/2022 17:43

What? That's very upsetting. I hope they come back

Please
or

TangoTizer · 22/09/2022 17:55

There is no comparable dupe site.

PP is amazing. I’ve been getting a dupe of MFK Feminin Pluriel for a few years and it’s SPOT ON. I’ve got so used to layering with the rollerball, spray, ‘beard oil’ in my hair etc.

GUTTED.

Please
or

Puppylucky · 22/09/2022 17:58

Ah late to the party (or wake) as ever!

Please
or

OhMerde · 22/09/2022 18:10

They posted 5 hours ago saying perfumes are in stock.

Please
or

Puppylucky · 22/09/2022 18:13

Yeah this has all happened in the last couple of hours

Please
or

ILookAtTheFloor · 22/09/2022 19:11

I'm hopeful it's not permanent, it had the air of an off the cuff reaction, there's also a physical shop, not sure how much trade that generates, the internet must make up the vast majority of their business.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Adventurine · 22/09/2022 19:13

NOOOOOOO!!!! Where will I get decent Tom Ford dupes now?!?

Please
or

thenewduchessoflapland · 22/09/2022 19:14

I've just googled them;why am I only hearing about them now;they are literally a 10 minute drive from me

Please
or

VanillaSpiceCandle · 22/09/2022 19:19

I saw this on Facebook earlier. I only placed my first order in August so bought the 13ml EDPs just in case they were terrible quality. I’m so shocked but it seems like it’s a very small company and they’re not sure how to react to the drama caused by this one mad customer. It’s a real shame as it could easily be sorted but don’t think they have the experience or knowledge to deal with it.

Hopefully they’ll just rebrand and create a new website and will be up and running again soon.

I’ve never used or heard of dupes before. Are there any other alternatives? Can’t believe I’m looking for dupes of dupes Confused

Please
or

ILookAtTheFloor · 22/09/2022 19:21

I was just about to order another load of 'faux Malones' I love the extra strong essence stuff.

I get so many compliments from the Nivea one! Although my DH hates it as it's too strong for him.

I see people saying that there are loads of other companies, I don't know any though! Going to look on Reddit, they have a sub there I think.

OP's posts:
Please
or

DrivingTheoryTest · 22/09/2022 19:22

Whaaaaaaaat

If they are closed I'll be gutted.

Please
or

ILookAtTheFloor · 22/09/2022 19:28

Ok, there's a fragrance clone subreddit and on there I've found this one, called Aw Scents

awscents.co.uk/

No idea of quality, I'm going to have a read of the reviews.

OP's posts:
Please
or

VanillaSpiceCandle · 22/09/2022 19:31

I’m so annoyed with myself for only ordering 4 of the 13mls. I’m not sure I can ever order the real stuff again.

I wonder if the bricks and mortar shop will be open tomorrow? Surely they wouldn’t literally shut up shop overnight?

I’ll check that link out, thanks!

Please
or

ILookAtTheFloor · 22/09/2022 19:36

I've just had a punt on a few on Aw Scents, will report back! Far fewer options than PP though, in terms of size of bottles etc.

OP's posts:
Please
or

VanillaSpiceCandle · 22/09/2022 19:44

You’re quick! I just searched for Santal 33 and it’s an oil only and the only Le Labo scent I think. I also use Rose 31 so that’s a shame.

Might have a proper look later and also await your review Smile Actually, aren’t reviews how we got into this mess in the first place? Wink

Please
or

User98866 · 22/09/2022 19:46

Oh no! This is awful. I love PP. I’d noticed some drama going on in the fb group but hadn’t really paid much attention. Can’t believe they would have to close because of one strange person? Seems a bit ridiculous. It looks like they’ve been having a few prob with formulations because they’ve banned certain substances recently.

Please
or

Puppylucky · 23/09/2022 08:44

The site is back up now but they still aren't accepting orders

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?