Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone want to help me find the perfect knitted dress?

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 15:27

I've been looking for YEARS for a fitted/bodycon, below the knee dress made from wool or a high percentage of wool and have never found one, mainly because I am rubbish at shopping and don't know where to look. Budget - under £300 - ideally way under £300 but as I've been looking for so long I'm willing to splash out on something really good quality. Ribbed with a roll neck would be great, but I'm open to any styles. Prefer dark, neutral or jewel colours.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PosiePerkinPootleFlump · 22/09/2022 15:39

Is this too baggy? I bought one of their shorter wool dresses last autumn and it was the thing I wore most throughout the colder months
www.celticandco.com/womens/clothing/dresses/supersoft-roll-neck-dress?colourid=59

Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 15:42

It's too baggy - but I do love Celtic and Co jumper dresses. I have some of their shorter wool ones too. Thanks though!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Whataretheodds · 22/09/2022 15:43

There was another thread this morning on jumper dresses - check it out!

Please
or
Please
or

PestorPeston · 22/09/2022 15:47

Please
or

Littlemissprosecco · 22/09/2022 15:50

Got a great one from the ME and EM sale, a few months ago, don’t know if they still have it

Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 15:50

Thanks Whataretheodds, I saw that, but no bodycon ones on there.

ruthieness ooh those Uniqlo ones definitely have potential. I have the feeling that as they're quite thin and straight the fit might be a bit looser around the waist than I'm looking for but worth a try.

OP's posts:
Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 15:52

That's beautiful PestorPeston. Bit longer and swishier round the legs than I'm looking for but tempting anyway.

OP's posts:
Please
or

toomanychairs · 22/09/2022 15:54

Please
or

PestorPeston · 22/09/2022 15:59

To be fitted you are going to need quite a bit of lycra, otherwise you end the day with a saggy arse vibe.
An alternative idea www.allsaints.com/women/dresses/allsaints-margot-dress/?colour=5&category=22

Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 15:59

Too loose toomanychairs but thanks.

I should have done this in my first post but what I want is this kind of shape but made of wool: www.zalando.co.uk/missguided-recycled-roll-neck-ribbed-midiaxi-jumper-dress-deep-red-m0q21c1ze-g11.html

OP's posts:
Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 16:01

Those AllSaints ones are gorgeous! If they could just make the underneath dress with sleeves and leave out the jumper the material thickness and rib looks ideal.

OP's posts:
Please
or

SpotlessMind88 · 22/09/2022 16:03

How about this from Karen Millen? Not really bodycon though, but has a belt so can cinch in the waist

Or this wool and cashmere blend from Reiss

or This from Ted Baker

Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 16:03

Good point re. the material though Pestor - 100% wool would be saggy after a few hours.

OP's posts:
Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 16:05

Actually love all of those SpotlessMind. I might end up with several knitted dresses from this thread even if they're not exactly what I have in my head.

OP's posts:
Please
or

SpotlessMind88 · 22/09/2022 16:08

@JumperDress sorry i just realised you wanted a roll neck. This one looks lovely and its morino wool blend. Hobbs

Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 16:11

Doesn't have to be roll neck SpotlessMind, that's the ideal, but main thing is nice material, bodycon/close fitting shape, below knee.

OP's posts:
Please
or

toomanychairs · 22/09/2022 16:19

Aha - how about this from Rumour? Comes in several colours:
rumourlondon.com/products/adriana-scarlet

Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 16:27

toomanychairs nailed it! I'd go for the black one. So glad I joined mumsnet specifically to start this thread! I haven't heard of half these shops. Feels like I'm in that late 30s in-between stage when I don't want to buy high street rubbish like Topshop, have a bit more money than I used to, but don't know where to shop now.

OP's posts:
Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 16:28

It's 100% merino wool but hopefully the rib knit will counteract the bagging a bit...

OP's posts:
Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 16:33

OP's posts:
Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 16:35

@toomanychairs do you know if Rumour sizing comes up small or large? I tend to be between sizes.

OP's posts:
Please
or

toomanychairs · 22/09/2022 16:42

Oh I saw those other ones too and thought they looked promising :) Don't know about sizing but I'd guess small? Feels like brands at the more expensive end of the market tend to cut smaller. I suppose there'll be some stretch with the wool over time though?

Please
or

Littlemissprosecco · 22/09/2022 17:47

Me + Em do still have it in their sale, it’s cashmere, has a removable polo neck, very well reduced

Please
or

JumperDress · 22/09/2022 18:21

@Littlemissprosecco do you have a link? I've just searched through their Sale knitwear and didn't see any knitted dresses.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?