Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Style & Beauty

That's a bit bloody sexist, M&S!

127 replies

GreeboIsMySpiritAnimal · 16/09/2022 16:57

Popped in earlier to collect an order, and the collection point is next to Menswear. On my way through I noticed they had some "Stormwear" jeans - water resistant ones. "What a good idea! I'll head down to womens wear next and see what styles they do them in."

The answer? None. At all. Loads of different styles of jeans, but no Stormwear ones. Checking the app reveals they actually only make them for men. Why? Do women not get wet in the rain? Do we just stay inside when it drizzles? Or are our menfolk supposed to gallantly be on hand to shelter us under their umbrella whenever it rains?

And before anyone says "well you you could just buy the mens ones", no I can't, because they don't come in a small enough size.

Why don't women get to have dry legs??!

OP posts:
Please
or

Pearfacebanana · 09/10/2022 17:21

Try Mountain Warehouse.

Please
or

NegativeNedsAndNancies · 09/10/2022 21:48

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 16/09/2022 21:15

They don’t make pure cotton hoodies for women it appears, although they do for men. Why am l not worth pure cotton?

One thing I noticed is that women's 'basic' t-shirts are often a lot thinner, more translucent, and last nowhere as long as the men's basic t-shirts! I would buy the men's t-shirts if they weren't so damn long!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?