My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

DLA Renewal not been confirmed

27 replies

PollyMc82 · 03/06/2021 22:58

Hi Everyone, was just looking for a bit of advice or info really from anyone who has recently made a child dla claim or renewal? I sent my sons renewal back 3 weeks ago but have not received confirmation that the forms have been received. His 1st claim 2 years ago I received a txt within 2 weeks and then a letter a few days later to confirm the claim had been received and was being processed but this time round I have heard nothing. Their website does say if no contact has been made within 2 weeks of posting the forms to get in contact with them but I have tried calling the helpline for nearly 2 days solid and just keep getting held in a queue! The thought of the forms being lost and having to fill them out again is just draining me thinking about it as it took nearly a whole week to complete in the 1st place. Has anyone else been contacted after 3 weeks to confirm receipt of the claim or not had the receipt confirmed but still been awarded? Sorry for the ramble. TIA

OP posts:
EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall · 03/06/2021 23:03

I had this . Form sent early Jan. No payment Jan which I expected but had a payment Feb so assumed it had been done.

Nope, they didn't receive it apparently and its taken until last week to sort it all out so I ended up losing carers allowance and income support.

I'd ring them and see if they've received it. When I sent the 2nd form I heard from them by post within 10 days that they'd received it

EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall · 03/06/2021 23:05

Ah I missed that you'd been ringing them. I had the same and couldn't get through. I think you can get a form online though to print off and redo. I'd do that while trying to contact them and send the next one in recorded delivery

PollyMc82 · 03/06/2021 23:10

@EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall

Ah I missed that you'd been ringing them. I had the same and couldn't get through. I think you can get a form online though to print off and redo. I'd do that while trying to contact them and send the next one in recorded delivery

Thank u! I'll try ringing again tomorrow but your right, I think the best thing to do is get another form and fill it out again just in case it has actually been lost Sad It la just the actual thought of completing that form again, it's like a book!
OP posts:
EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall · 03/06/2021 23:25

I know, it's awful. Luckily we got it for 5 years last time and weve just got another 5 years, although its gone from high rate to low rate . It's a horrible form though

It took 8 weeks for them to asses it once they had the form too so worth doing again just in case it's gone missing

PollyMc82 · 03/06/2021 23:31

I know, it's awful. Luckily we got it for 5 years last time and weve just got another 5 years, although its gone from high rate to low rate . It's a horrible form though

It took 8 weeks for them to asses it once they had the form too so worth doing again just in case it's gone missing

Thank u! My son was only 4 when he was 1st awarded so they only awarded for 2 years until he was 6. Hoping this time if he's awarded that they award for 5 years. I can cope with filling out the form again in 5 years. Fingers crossed when I call them tomorrow I can actually get through and hopefully they do actually have it.
OP posts:
PollyMc82 · 04/06/2021 09:15

Little update. Finally got through on the helpline this morning and they advised they no longer notify that the firms have been received, they now only make contact when the form has been assigned to a decision maker. They confirmed my sons form had been scanned in to the department on 25th may and is just waiting to be assigned and it shouldn't be to much longer. Just glad it's not gone missing and they do actually have it Smile

OP posts:
flyhighsky · 04/06/2021 11:26

Hi. Not to dampen but the whole system is a mess at the moment. My renewal was scanned onto the system at the start March and its still waiting to be assigned. I have 12 days to go until my carers allowance also runs out. They seem to be sailing really close to the wind with how understaffed the DLA team are.

PollyMc82 · 04/06/2021 12:44

@flyhighsky

Hi. Not to dampen but the whole system is a mess at the moment. My renewal was scanned onto the system at the start March and its still waiting to be assigned. I have 12 days to go until my carers allowance also runs out. They seem to be sailing really close to the wind with how understaffed the DLA team are.

Oh no that's a shame, hope they get it sorted out quickly for u in time or at least extend the current claim since they know the renewal is with them! I think my sons current claim runs until 22nd of July so hopefully they have sorted his renewal out by then. I don't think it's really fair to penalise the claimants when they have done their part and returned the renewal paperwork in plenty of time. If u don't mind, Keep me updated with how u get on.
OP posts:
EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall · 04/06/2021 13:02

They told me 8 weeks from receiving the form which is exactly how long it took. Still don't have income support and carers back yet! And they stopped my housing benefit for a while too.

Glad you managed to get hold of them op!

PretzelParadox · 04/06/2021 13:28

I sent DD's renewal form off on the 8th May, got a letter about 10 days later to say they'd received it, then got a letter on the 28th May with the award! I thought that was super quick!

PollyMc82 · 04/06/2021 13:47

@PretzelParadox

I sent DD's renewal form off on the 8th May, got a letter about 10 days later to say they'd received it, then got a letter on the 28th May with the award! I thought that was super quick!

Wow that is quick! I posted the renewal back on the 14th May and it was scanned in on 25th so that was 11 days but that's really only 7 working days to them. But yours has honestly been super quick. I think it's pot luck who's desk it lands on to be assessed to be honest Confused
OP posts:
flyhighsky · 04/06/2021 14:08

@PretzelParadox

That's quick. Was the decision close to your renewal date?
flyhighsky · 04/06/2021 14:38

They told me 8 weeks from receiving the form which is exactly how long it took. Still don't have income support and carers back yet! And they stopped my housing benefit for a while too.

Glad you managed to get hold of them op!

Hi. Was yours renewed close to your renewal date running out? Mine has been with them since the start off March and this all seems to have turned into a phone stalker. I phoned the DLA again today and they said that they are working through renewals that are due today so mine still has some time left. 😕
PretzelParadox · 04/06/2021 15:55

Yes renewal date is in 2 weeks time so it was close. They sent the renewal form in March but didn't fill in until beginning of May, because I hate doing it so always put it off!

flyhighsky · 04/06/2021 16:35

@PretzelParadox

Yes renewal date is in 2 weeks time so it was close. They sent the renewal form in March but didn't fill in until beginning of May, because I hate doing it so always put it off!

Hi. Mine arrived In January. I started gathering the information and started completing the form as soon as it arrived. I hate completing the form because it only when you see it on paper you realise the extreme difference. The last three renewals they have been within the re 8 week policy but this is very slow and past week 13 Sad.
PollyMc82 · 05/06/2021 23:01

Does anyone know if you can make changes once the renewal has been sent back to them? The reason I ask is because my son had his formal diagnosis assessment yesterday and finally received a diagnosis. I'm just not sure how long it will take to receive the diagnosis paperwork through the post and was wondering if I could just call DLA and advise them of the diagnosis over the phone and tell them I will send the documentation when it arrives?

OP posts:
EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall · 06/06/2021 09:35

@pollyMc82 I'm sure you can if the dx has just arrived , probably by phoning them again 🙄

@flyhighsky they didn't receive my first form so mine had already stopped. It's only the 2nd time I've done it. Luckily I got 5 years just before he turned 3 and I've now got another 5 years.

PollyMc82 · 21/06/2021 20:01

Quick update. I called DLA today to let them know my son now has a formal diagnosis but the paperwork is not through yet to be able to send on to them. They checked the status of the renewal and said oh it's ok, u have plenty time to send it in. Your sons current claim doesn't run out for another 5 weeks so a decision will not be made until then as we are working through the renewals in order of when the current claim is due to run out. So if anyone is still waiting to hear and still have time left on the current claim, this is why.

OP posts:
EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall · 21/06/2021 20:41

Thats good you have time to send the paper work in. I'm still waiting for renewal of carers allowance.

flyhighsky · 22/06/2021 07:33

Hi all. Just an up date. My sons renewal was due on the 16th off June and the renewal forms where sent in to the DLA at the end off February. I phone them nearly every day on the week coming up to the renewal date and even sent them an email a couple off day before the 16th explaining that my carer's allowance was stopping also on the 16th as a result in the delay to processing. I phone the DLA on the 16th just after lunch time and it had just been processed and renewed. So basically its true about how overwhelmed the renewals department is and the are doing there best but still very stressful for us that wait.

PollyMc82 · 22/06/2021 08:57

@flyhighsky

Hi all. Just an up date. My sons renewal was due on the 16th off June and the renewal forms where sent in to the DLA at the end off February. I phone them nearly every day on the week coming up to the renewal date and even sent them an email a couple off day before the 16th explaining that my carer's allowance was stopping also on the 16th as a result in the delay to processing. I phone the DLA on the 16th just after lunch time and it had just been processed and renewed. So basically its true about how overwhelmed the renewals department is and the are doing there best but still very stressful for us that wait.

Morning! Glad u have it sorted out now, or at least the DLA side of it. Would u be able to share the email address u used? Iv been searching for one but not been able to find the one I need. Tia x
OP posts:
junipertree2 · 24/06/2021 17:14

I have had this problem too. Is this the result of staff shortages due to Covid/homeworking? Son's DLA expired on 14 June without being renewed, now CA has stopped. Can't face the thought of sitting on the phone for hours and going through all those options. How long does it take to get through to a human? I sent the form away early April and received an acknowledgement.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

PollyMc82 · 25/06/2021 08:22

@junipertree2

I have had this problem too. Is this the result of staff shortages due to Covid/homeworking? Son's DLA expired on 14 June without being renewed, now CA has stopped. Can't face the thought of sitting on the phone for hours and going through all those options. How long does it take to get through to a human? I sent the form away early April and received an acknowledgement.

Hey! Smile Yes the phone lines are terrible right now to get through on. I tried calling at my lunch breaks around 12pm and waited nearly 30 mins on hold before I gave in and hung up. I had better luck calling at 9am when they open. After about 5 mins of going through all those options I got to speak with someone quite quickly. I think it is down to staff shortages caused by COVID unfortunately. There is no need for someone who sent a renewal back in April to still be waiting to hear this late on in June. I know some claims where extended by 6 months due to the current situation but my son wasn't 1 of them, Iv actually yet to speak to anyone who's claim was extended by the 6 months. Hopefully u get somewhere soon.
OP posts:
junipertree2 · 25/06/2021 10:36

Thanks @PollyMc82. Such a mess, they were quick enough getting on to me to tell me that Carer's Allowance was stopping! Unfortunately a bit late in the day now to ring, I will most likely get stuck in a backlog. Hate things at the moment!

PollyMc82 · 03/07/2021 10:12

Update. So my sons DLA renewal decision arrived in the post this morning which is 4 weeks before his current claim is due to run out. So glad it's sorted now. I hope everyone else who is still waiting gets a decision soon Smile

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.