My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

How to experiment with other women but hate dating apps?

39 replies

Backtothenineties · 20/08/2023 17:04

I'm 43 and married but wish I had explored my bi side when I was younger. Husband is happy for me to explore on my own but how do you find other women to meet if you feel too old for dating apps?

OP posts:
B1rd · 20/08/2023 18:41

Try Feeld.

ChangingMode · 20/08/2023 20:30

There’s so many women on here in this situation lately. A disproportionate amount one might say. 🤨

rach971 · 20/08/2023 20:57

Following! Similar boat

Caroldear · 20/08/2023 21:54

@Backtothenineties You need to get yourself known at a place where women go. Gym or sports club where you shower and change. Do classes so you are part of a 'club' or group rather than random members. Then you belong.
I met someone at a local gallery, we went for a coffee and chatted.
One friend met girls on Feeld. She was successful.

Caroldear · 21/08/2023 07:50

How to meet? It's a common question.
Have you decided what sort of people you would like to meet? Someone like yourself or very different. A 'mumsie' woman or glamorous or very short hair, piercings, chains and biker boots?
Do you want to be yourself or project a new image?
For meetings: If you scroll down this page there are suggested threads to read some with sites and experiences.

Maybebe · 21/08/2023 10:36

Or @ChangingMode could it be there are a lot of women who feel like this and that they see MN as a safe space to ask the question 🧐

PinotPony · 21/08/2023 12:25

Try Killing Kittens. There's a group chat for "Kittens Play" and their Clitoratti parties are exclusively for women.

PinotPony · 21/08/2023 12:25

Or Skirt Club...

WithTheirDogAfterTheWar · 21/08/2023 20:11

Just to say you are in no way too old for the apps! Would suggest just having a look at some.

ChangingMode · 22/08/2023 06:31

Or @ChangingMode could it be there are a lot of women who feel like this and that they see MN as a safe space to ask the question🧐

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Oh bless your naivety. Or maybe you’re just wanting to believe it.

BIWI · 22/08/2023 11:54

... or awaiting PMs.

Maybebe · 23/08/2023 09:16

@BIWI was that for me? I don't want PMs thanks - just to clarify.

@ChangingMode I don't think I'm being naive - maybe I am. My experience has shown me that lots of women (including me) feel their sexuality is fluid and they become more open to experiencing FF sex/relationships when they get a bit older 🤷🏻‍♀️. Heteronormativity, lack of opportunity, biological urge to settle down - who knows why. It's good to be open minded though surely.

Itsthesamehere · 23/08/2023 10:37

And a very considerable number of women dont feel that their sexuality is fluid and these types of thread are anyway self selecting

interestingly the op has not been back…

ChangingMode · 23/08/2023 12:23

To the man that has sent me a PM, due to me commenting on this thread or another on this subject.....FUCK OFF!

BIWI · 23/08/2023 15:41

Who PM'd you @ChangingMode?!

ChangingMode · 23/08/2023 16:13

@BIWI A poster with the username Ramses37. No posting history so presumably a sex board name changer or someone just reading. Told me he’s a man who is watching the women wanting to experiment with other women threads with a creepy smily face. 🤮 Obviously hoping to strike up a conversation. 🤨

Mumsnet have deleted now but I have the screenshots.

BIWI · 23/08/2023 16:43

No doubt he thinks he's really clever! Silly twat. (Him, not you, obviously! Grin)

Backtothenineties · 29/08/2023 17:58

Itsthesamehere · 23/08/2023 10:37

And a very considerable number of women dont feel that their sexuality is fluid and these types of thread are anyway self selecting

interestingly the op has not been back…

Hi I'm the original poster and assure you I'm genuine.

OP posts:
Thisisworsethananticpated · 10/09/2023 18:31

So if she can’t ask here … where can she ask !?

MN is weird sometimes

BIWI · 10/09/2023 19:38

Hmm. Let me think @Thisisworsethananticpated. I wonder if there are any places on the World Wide Web where someone could find someone else to have sex with?

Despite many posters on this board trying, Mumsnet isn't a place for hook-ups. For any sexual orientation.

Thisisworsethananticpated · 10/09/2023 19:41

well

ill give her the benefit of the doubt 😉

and I’ve been sent sexual
messages from here
just delete em 🤷‍♀️

BIWI · 10/09/2023 20:14

Report them, then delete them.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

BackToOklahoma · 10/09/2023 20:21

Despite many posters on this board trying, Mumsnet isn't a place for hook-ups. For any sexual orientation.

Quite.

There was yet another attempt to start another sex chat thread a couple of days ago. That must be 6 or 7 at least now. 🙄

Thisisworsethananticpated · 10/09/2023 21:26

Out of curiousity is that why people don’t like the sex chat (in sex chat )

I guess so if a woman posting about a sexual issue then gets unwanted messages

i did chat with one guy 🙈
but it wasn’t very inspiring so I left it

BIWI · 10/09/2023 22:14

People chat about sex. It's a sex topic. However that has allowed some posters to think that they can treat MN as a source of casual hook-ups. Which definitely isn't allowed.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.