to access all these features

Footgoose · 11/05/2022 18:19

Correction sub 600 thousand . 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bedsheets4knickers · 11/05/2022 20:36

My god from the outside I was expecting great things but the inside looks like a a total mix of many different houses . Great potential though.

Please
or

TedMullins · 11/05/2022 20:46

Yes, it’s a lovely house (odd decor choices though) but honestly you couldn’t pay me 600k to live there. It’s in the middle of nowhere. I actually like living in London and the lifestyle that comes with that, not to mention the public transport, even if it does mean living in the flat the size of this house’s kitchen. I’m fully aware what kind of properties you can get for that money outside London, I’d still choose to stay here.

Please
or

Notmyyearthisyear · 12/05/2022 07:28

No way… is this really how much it costs? 😳

Please
or

HairyBum · 12/05/2022 07:39

Shocking! Lots of potential. 600k would buy a small Cotswold three bed with views in my way

Please
or

AWorldWithoutDoors · 12/05/2022 07:48

I thought that it was going to be in Wisbech from the description! You can get very similar for around the same price there.

Please
or

userxx · 12/05/2022 07:52

Bit too small for me.

Please
or

CornedBeef451 · 12/05/2022 07:53

It's lovely, or could be, but quite far from anywhere and also by an airfield.

Some 4 beds by us are going for that price though.

Please
or

Bodgejobvendors · 12/05/2022 07:53

No thanks. I’ll stay in London.

Please
or

Ifailed · 12/05/2022 07:58

I hate to think what the heating bills would be, especially being so close to the North sea.

Please
or

tuliplover · 12/05/2022 08:02

It's the fact it's right next to an airport - unless it's a small one.
Not for me and the location is key. But hope you find your dream home!

Please
or

MozerellaSalad · 12/05/2022 08:39

AWorldWithoutDoors

I thought that it was going to be in Wisbech from the description! You can get very similar for around the same price there.

Wisbech is 100 times better than Grimsby. It has pleasant villages close by and a sense of community.

Please
or

MozerellaSalad · 12/05/2022 08:40

MozerellaSalad

AWorldWithoutDoors

Wisbech is 100 times better than Grimsby. It has pleasant villages close by and a sense of community.

And sunshine!

Please
or

AWorldWithoutDoors · 12/05/2022 08:50

MozerellaSalad I’ve only ever driven through Wisbech a few times but live about 10 miles away and sometimes see some of the lovely but very cheap houses on rightmove. I know that people like to criticise it locally though!

Please
or

AWorldWithoutDoors · 12/05/2022 08:57

This, for example: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/122720705#/?channel=RES_BUY

OP - sorry to hijack your post with a different place, I’ll stop now 😀

Please
or

Time40 · 12/05/2022 09:13

They're both amazing! I'm now seriously considering going to live in Grimsby or Wisbech.

Please
or

mindutopia · 12/05/2022 11:07

It's right next to what looks like an airstrip and then on the other side a rifle club. I suspect there is a lot of annoying noise. I would also bet that there is or likely to be planning to build on the surrounding land.

Please
or

LaingsAcidTab · 12/05/2022 12:07

Speaking entirely personally ...

I'm afraid, having lived in NE Lincs for 5 years, that I can totally understand why it is this price. I wouldn't go back and live there if someone paid for the house for me.

Please
or

Starseeking · 12/05/2022 12:17

That is amazing, way under what I have to spend to buy a decent 3 bedroom home in West London!

Why is it so cheap?

Please
or

Starseeking · 12/05/2022 12:19

I just looked at the map and saw it's practically on top of an airport Confused

Please
or

minuette1 · 12/05/2022 13:02

Wow, you would get a poky two bed terrace with a tiny yard for that price near me. I guess Grimsby is not a particularly desirable place to live then?

Please
or

emmathedilemma · 12/05/2022 13:22

location location location!
I'll stay where I am thanks.

Please
or

Footgoose · 12/05/2022 14:01

The airport is ab ex RAF base. No longer in use . The range is still used I think. Was just chucking it out there for a bit of fun and discussion. Wisbech has got in good points . I used to work in the town and there is an amazing campsite on the outskirts.
grimsby gets a bad rap for good reason but you don’t have to go far for beautiful country side . Stick the lincolnshire wolds in to the right move search and have a look. But yes, no culture around these parts .

OP's posts:
Please
or

boonducks · 12/05/2022 14:09

Starseeking

I just looked at the map and saw it's practically on top of an airport Confused

It's not an airport 🤣. It's a small airstrip. There are loads in the area, remnants of wartime airfields. I think it's mostly used for driving lessons for under 17s.
I live about 30 miles from there. You could get much nicer properties for less than that one, it's a cheap area if you don't want to live in a city.

Please
or

boonducks · 12/05/2022 14:15

This one.
Lovely village, outstanding primary school, 20 minutes from Hull.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/111224081#/?channel=RES_NEW

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.