Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Feeling fed up now

43 replies

FebMama · 31/12/2022 09:31

Just a moan!

Currently coming into 35 weeks pregnant and everything hurts. I feel so utterly exhausted all of the time and I feel like my body is falling apart! Zero energy or desire to do anything.

Back to work on Tuesday for two more weeks and seriously cannot be bothered.

As much as I feel so fed up with being pregnant, I don't want baby to come early!

Anyone else in the same boat?

OP posts:
Please
or

Sassy144 · 31/12/2022 09:44

I'm with you mama, I'm 39 weeks on Monday and now seriously ready to not be pregnant any more! The last few weeks at work are tough, I finished at 37 weeks and the last week or so was a real slog, but things get a lot better when you can rest at home!

Please
or

Liveafr · 31/12/2022 09:53

Same here, I'm 34 weeks and all I want to do is lie in bed for the next 6 weeks (except my hips are sore and lying on my side is painful)

Please
or

SouthwestSis · 31/12/2022 10:01

Women in the last 5 weeks of pregnancy should be showered with care and praise, i dont think people who havent been pregnant understand the toll it takes! I remember really struggling for the last weeks too but know that it will end and be kind to yourself in the meantime, don't expect too much of yourself and get all the rest you can.

Please
or

FebMama · 31/12/2022 11:09

So glad I'm not the only one! But sorry to hear you're feeling the same @Sassy144 and @Liveafr. I honestly don't remember feeling this rough towards the end with my first. I feel like a right grumpy sod. And also feel like I could fall asleep at any given opportunity 😬
Need to start packing my hospital bag too and plan on doing that today.

Hang on in there ladies!

Thanks for the kind words @SouthwestSis x

OP posts:
Please
or

Halloumi22 · 31/12/2022 12:18

Oh I feel the same - 37 weeks tomorrow!
Spending my birthday today by myself aside from with our toddler so I can’t even indulge my aching self with a rest 🙈

Please
or

FebMama · 12/01/2023 18:23

Forgot about this thread but wondering if anyone here has finally welcomed their little ones into the world? 🥰

OP posts:
Please
or

Sassy144 · 15/01/2023 20:38

@FebMama I'm 41 weeks and still no signs of baby coming 😩 how are you?

Please
or

FebMama · 15/01/2023 22:33

@Sassy144 oh gosh you must be feeling so fed up! Hang on in there, not much longer to go!

I feel bad for moaning now. I'm 36+3 and already feeling fed up so I feel for you!

OP posts:
Please
or

Sassy144 · 16/01/2023 08:23

@FebMama haha don't worry, I was fed up by 36 weeks too! But a special switch was definitely flicked as soon as I got over my due date, more mentally than anything else. Really hope he comes before induction is needed.

Are you on maternity leave now or have it coming up? That definitely helps you rest.

Please
or

FebMama · 16/01/2023 13:40

@Sassy144 I can only imagine! I know I won't reach my due date as planning to go in for an ELCS. Have they suggested an induction for you at this point?

My last day at work is Wednesday 😁 absolutely can't wait to finish!

Are you getting any niggles or signs that baby is ready?

OP posts:
Please
or

Halloumi22 · 16/01/2023 14:23

Hopefully these next few days fly for starting your leave!
I’m 39 weeks now - constant pain in pelvis, feels really tight sometimes, other times feels like something is trying to escape it or that everything is going to fall out when I’m stood up, the same weird sensation I had after first birth 😂
Horrendous back ache but nothing yet. My DS who predicted she’d be a girl before we knew says she’s coming tonight!

Please
or

Sassy144 · 16/01/2023 15:26

@FebMama they originally suggested induction at 40+7 (today), but I declined as I wanted to give him more time to come on his own and I'm nervous about the idea of induction.

But I was in for reduced movement the other day (all was fine) and I'm starting to get a bit anxious about making sure baby is okay so I have pencilled in for induction on Thursday at 40+10.

I have no signs that he's coming at all! I've had attempted sweeps but my cervix was shut, I have a final one tomorrow 🤞

Exciting that you're finishing work this week! It really does make all the difference to have time to rest and focus on you and baby 😊

Please
or

FebMama · 16/01/2023 18:17

@Halloumi22 oooh all promising signs! Please keep us posted here!
I keep on getting period-like cramps in my stomach and the tops of my thighs go all heavy. Had that now for about a week. I have a consultant appointment tomorrow so really hoping they give me a date for my c section!

@Sassy144 glad all is well following the reduced movements. And how exciting you may possibly have an end date in sight! Baby may surprise you and make an appearance before Thursday though. Fingers crossed. I was induced with my first due to high BP but if I wasn't induced I really think I would have gone over as he definitely was quite comfortable inside and didn't want to come out! Again, please keep us posted with how you get on 🥰

OP posts:
Please
or

thattravelphotographer · 16/01/2023 18:22

I needed to read this! So nice to know I'm not alone in how I'm feeling. 38 weeks and my pelvis/hips feel like they are crumbling under all the pressure. I really don't remember being so miserable with my first but I honestly can't wait to have my body and movement back.

Please
or

loopyloutoo · 16/01/2023 18:26

Hello all ☺️ I am 38 today, finished work now and feeling really lost to be honest! I wanted to finish work to focus on becoming a mum but now I feel like I have no purpose and not mentally ready to welcome the baby yet! But physically so tired! Looking forward to the pregnancy being over though!

Please
or

Sassy144 · 16/01/2023 19:36

@FebMama you never know! This is my first but the women in my family tend to go to 42 weeks so I guess we just like our babies overcooked! It's good to know the end is in sight either way.

Please
or

SeekingAnswerz · 16/01/2023 20:20

Not currently in that boat but can remember all too well what that felt like in my last pregnancy. I wished time away day in day out. I hated every moment of the third trimester when I had gotten quite big and was so uncomfortable I couldn’t even sleep. I would not be able to turn or even change position overnight, how I went to sleep is how you would find me in the morning, exact same position. Sheer discomfort, aches and pains, just sore all the time. Not long now, the finish line is near, to make things worse baby was a whole week overdue which was just the cherry on the cake!

Please
or

FebMama · 17/01/2023 05:27

@thattravelphotographer I feel the same when I compare to being pregnant with my first! Don't remember feeling so rubbish but then I have to remind myself that I'm a few years older now and also looking after a very very active almost 3 year old so that must explain it! And I agree about looking forward to having our bodies and movement back. Pre-pregnancy I was very active and fit and since being pregnant I've done zero exercise but walking. Just want to feel myself again!

@loopyloutoo @thattravelphotographer are either of you experiencing any niggles or have a feeling baby will be here sooner rather than later?

@SeekingAnswerz trying to get comfortable in bed is the hardest. I woke up for a wee over an hour ago and haven't managed to get back to sleep yet as my back is killing me! And my alarm goes off at 7am so wondering if there's any point in even trying to go back to sleep now 😩😩

OP posts:
Please
or

ScottishMum03 · 17/01/2023 05:41

Not currently pregnant but I couldn’t resist a wee read at this thread 😊 Ladies, you’re all doing amazing 👏🏼 I know the end is a real slog but the end is in sight for you all! Wishing you all speedy and healthy deliveries ❤️
@Sassy144 I was induced at 40 weeks with my 1st for medical reasons. Cervix was still completely closed so I was convinced that induction would be a disaster and I’d end up with all kinds of interventions etc - all the horror stories that you read about basically. It did take quite a while to get things started but I had a vaginal birth with no interventions, gas & air, 2 tiny dissolving stitches, baby born at 3am and I was home cuddled up with baby on the couch at 3pm 😊 I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that baby makes an appearance before then but if you do end up with an induction, they’re not all horrible 😊

Please
or

Sassy144 · 17/01/2023 08:43

@ScottishMum03 thank you, I really needed to hear that ❤️

Please
or

FebMama · 17/01/2023 08:47

@ScottishMum03 love the positivity!

@Sassy144 wishing you all the best if the induction goes ahead 🥰

OP posts:
Please
or

1994girl · 17/01/2023 08:54

Yep I was the same. The groin pain and heartburn was horrendous. But it will only get worse, enjoy the sleepless nights:/

Please
or

Halloumi22 · 17/01/2023 13:58

@FebMama Hope you get your date - that will definitely be something to look forward to and hopefully have an ‘end’ in sight for you!
My first went to 41+1, set himself off on the day of my booked induction so thankfully spared me that, just hoping she will come earlier 🙈

Please
or

febbabies2023 · 17/01/2023 14:00

Joining in with the fed-up-ness

35 + 2 and I am starting to feel DONE. 2 year old at home, work for another 2 weeks and everything hurts. Plus she doesn't stop moving and it's exhausting!

I'd be happy if at midnight at 37 weeks she decided she wanted to come 😂

Nearly there ladies!

Please
or

FebMama · 17/01/2023 14:03

@Halloumi22 I didn't get my date today sadly 😩 still waiting! Although I do have an anesthetist appointment next week and the doctor today said that's a good indication that the section will be the following week... so who knows! Just have to patiently wait for a letter in the post 🤷🏽‍♀️

Midwife checked baby's position today and he's moved quite considerably since last week. His bum is right against my belly button now and his head is quite firmly in position! I hope he hangs on in there until whatever date I am given!

Sounds like your first knew exactly when they wanted to arrive 😉 are you booked in for an induction again this time?

OP posts:
Please
or