Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Clomid Success stories?

45 replies

Emilyh92 · 05/08/2020 08:36

Hi everyone,

I hope no one minds me posting this here but it occurred to me that people that Clomid has worked for will more likely see this post here that the TTC boards.

I’m on my second round of Clomid (have PCOS), on day 8 of my cycle so just waiting for my scan and hoping there’ll be signs I’ll ovulate!
Last round they could see something on the scan but suspected it was a functioning cyst, progesterone test at day 21 confirmed I didn’t ovulate which was frustrating.

I’d love to hear some Clomid success stories to give me a bit of hope for this month or even from anyone going through it now too.

They have kept me on 50mg this round due to the cyst but will increase next month if no pregnancy.

Feeling pretty anxious this month but trying to be positive! Xx

OP posts:
Please
or

LunaNightSky · 05/08/2020 08:46

I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant after my first round of clomid 😊

I have a two year old and conceived her naturally but it took 14 months and was extremely stressful/upsetting and consuming. I have PCOS and suspected endometriosis.

This time I saw my gynaecologist and asked to try clomid as we wanted to conceive again. I fell pregnant on the first round which I couldn't believe. I did have some pain and
extreme bloating at ovulation time, I was sent to epu for a scan, it was too early to confirm implantation or baby and they said that they could see clusters of cysts so the pain could be that.

I felt disheartened so went on about my life and thought we will try again next month. I even went to a bar for a few drinks the day before the tww as I was sure nothing had happened. Tested the next day and got a strong bfp 😀

Please
or

Dinosauraddict · 05/08/2020 08:51

My clomid baby is now 5 months old! Grin I was also on metformin and had ovulation stimulation injections. I also have PCOS and don't ovulate naturally/without intervention at all.

Please
or

Dyra · 05/08/2020 09:23

My Clomid baby is 11 months old today!

I have PCOS, and it's also suspected I rarely ovulate without help (conceived once in 2 years of trying, but miscarried). I was also on some Metformin and low dose Thyroxine, as my TSH levels weren't quite low enough according to the fertility doctor.

I was very fortunate in that it worked on the first round. There were 2 mature follicles, but (I think) only one ovulated.

Please
or

mistletoeprickles · 05/08/2020 12:12

My Clomid baby has just turned 3 and is currently on his 54th meal of the day Grin
I had 8 cycles of Clomid in 2016, I had to go go to 150mg. Oddly he was the cycle where I didn't have an ultra sound due to work commitments.
I had DD 6 years before DS with no help and I'm currently 31 weeks with a surprise baby

Please
or

Carabu1 · 05/08/2020 16:27

I'm 19 weeks with a clomid baby! Conceived on third cycle, just as I was beginning to despair at bit (50mg wasn't enough for me - 100mg did the trick though). I have PCOS and don't ovulate by myself. Good luck and stick with it - I'm so glad I did!

Please
or

Emilyh92 · 05/08/2020 17:59

@LunaNightSky Congratulations!! I’m hoping I have the same luck as you soon then.

I don’t feel any side effects from the Clomid at all so maybe the dosage isn’t high enough. It will be increased next month if this one doesn’t work anyway so hopefully that will help.

Thank you for sharing, these stories help me feel a lot more positive and I definitely need that at the moment! Xx

OP posts:
Please
or

Emilyh92 · 05/08/2020 18:02

@Dinosauraddict aww that’s lovely congrats!

My doctor hasn’t mentioned injections to me at all, can I ask why they gave you those too and not just Clomid alone?

I might bring it up at my next appointment, anything that helps! Xx

OP posts:
Please
or

Dinosauraddict · 05/08/2020 18:06

@Emilyh92 I believe the injections were called Ovutrelle/Ovatrelle. They are essentially an extra boost to push your body to ovulate, so when they decide on the scan that a follicle is big enough, they can then stimulate the ovulation - that worked first time for me when combined with the clomid and metformin. I paid £21 for the injection privately - best £21 I've ever spent!

Please
or

Emilyh92 · 05/08/2020 18:07

@Dyra that’s so good to hear! And so lucky it worked first time.

I personally don’t think I ovulate often as well but it’s so hard to know and to track.

I’m only on Clomid on its own so I guess they just assess each person on their own case and haven’t recommend Metformin or anything else for me.

I’m glad to hear it works for some though, I’d read so many people saying it hasn’t worked yet for them and it was worrying me! X

OP posts:
Please
or

NotFrozen · 05/08/2020 18:09

I have PCOS and got pregnant on Clomid right away. Good luck!!

Please
or

Emilyh92 · 05/08/2020 18:11

@mistletoeprickles so it worked for you on the 8th! I think I really convinced myself I’d get pregnant on the first round that I was so disappointed. I need to be more patient and remember that it does work then even if it takes a few tries Smile

Congratulations on the surprise baby! Not long now, good luck with everything :) x

OP posts:
Please
or

Emilyh92 · 05/08/2020 18:14

@Carabu1 yay congratulations!!

Hopefully they just need to up my dose then and 100mg will work for me too..

Yeah I’m really trying not to feel too negative about it as hard as it is!

Thank you :) x

OP posts:
Please
or

Whatthebloodyell · 05/08/2020 18:16

I have 2 children both born thanks to clomid!
The first was conceived on my third round at 50mg, and my second child on the first round at 50mg.

Please
or

Emilyh92 · 05/08/2020 18:17

Thank you so much this is really helpful!

I have my scan on 10th so I’m going to ask about this then. Did the same doctors treating you do the injection as well just as a private treatment or did you have to find somewhere that offered it yourself?

OP posts:
Please
or

Emilyh92 · 05/08/2020 18:18

Thank you so much! :)

Lovely to hear so many women that have had success with this! Really helps x

OP posts:
Please
or

Emilyh92 · 05/08/2020 18:26

@Whatthebloodyell Glad that Clomid worked for you!

Also it’s good to hear from people that it worked for after a few tries and I was so gutted when it didn’t work the first time!
Thank you :)

OP posts:
Please
or

Mercedes519 · 05/08/2020 18:29

My Clomid baby is nearly 14 Shock

Please
or

Dyra · 05/08/2020 19:36

If it helps, I had zero side effects from the Clomid. I figured it hadn't worked until the scan showed 2 mature follicles ready to pop. Wife of a friend of mine also had zero side effects, and conceived on round 4.

Wishing you the best of luck. ❤️

Please
or

Carabu1 · 05/08/2020 20:17

I would also say I didn’t even have scans or anything with it (nhs!) just a blood test on day 21 to see if I’d ovulated (which was quite hit and miss anyway as I am not sure it ever showed I had...!) I was given it with metformin, but tbh not sure that was necessary because I don’t have blood sugar issues at all. I was really down about the seemingly low success rates online (30%ish?!) - but I think those are maybe skewed, because it’s the first line of attack for people with all sorts of issues. My sense from reading these boards is that if your main/only issue is ovulation it seems to work pretty well. My midwife said it took her 12 rounds (!) back in the day, so def give it the full 6 before you get down about it.

Please
or

Smiling124 · 05/08/2020 23:22

Hi I hope you dont mind me jumping on! I have just had the blood test to say I am not ovulating, and currently day 39 of my cycle (last cycle it was 50 😑). Currently awaiting a referral, with my doctor mentioning clomid. Could anyone outline what hapoened to them when referred? How often you are scanned etc.

Thanks in advance!
Hannah

Please
or

Emilyh92 · 06/08/2020 14:05

@Smiling124 Hi Hannah,

I used to have 40-60 days cycles too but not sure if I was ever ovulating or not. After they referred me I think I waited maybe 2 months max for my first appointment, I was expecting to wait longer than that But I guess it depends where you live.

At my first appointment she sent me for a few blood tests, I can’t remember exactly what they were, and a scan as my GP should have already done that but hadn’t (although I had had a scan a few years previously as I suspected PCOS).

That first appointment she scheduled a semen test for my partner. His results came back completely fine, so the second appointment she said let’s get started with Clomid straight away. Had to wait for my period so I could start but this didn’t come for about 4 months and they wouldn’t give me Provera to start a period due to putting all treatments on hold because of Coronavirus!

I eventually got Provera and took my first round of Clomid for 5 days (50mg), they scan your ovaries on day 11 of your cycle to see if there is an egg that is developed and ready to be released and then day 21 they do a blood test to see if you ovulated which sadly I didn’t the first round.

I’ve taken my second round of Clomid this month and have a scan on Monday to see if there are any eggs there!

Sorry if this is long but thought it might be nice to know as before I started I didn’t really know what would happen at all x

OP posts:
Please
or

Emilyh92 · 06/08/2020 14:06

@Dyra this is good then, I’d convinced myself the dose wasn’t high enough as I didn’t feel anything!

OP posts:
Please
or

Emilyh92 · 06/08/2020 14:08

@Carabu1 yeah I agree! I read so many posts where it’s not worked yet and gets me down! But I’ve only done 1 I suppose, I’m just a worrier lol.

OP posts:
Please
or

happypotamus · 06/08/2020 15:38

My clomid baby is 9 years old conceived on the second round. Good luck!

Please
or

Emilyh92 · 06/08/2020 16:08

@happypotamus amazing!

Hopefully I get my Clomid baby second round too!! Smile

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?