Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

Kings speech

42 replies

Flyhigher · 07/11/2023 18:16

Sorry but why do we have a guy wrapped in furs and jewels stolen from other countries and gold draped about his person reading out our governments polices on a gold throne?
What is this but a class system designed to keep us as servants? It makes no sense at all anymore.
Which other countries do this? It's ridiculous, farcical and designed to manipulate. And he doesn't pay tax. He gets an allowance from us. And he has a private fortune of £400m? Does this make any sense at all?

OP posts:
Alargeoneplease89 · 07/11/2023 18:17

😂

KitchenSinkLlama · 07/11/2023 18:18

It makes absolutely no sense at all.

lollipoprainbow · 07/11/2023 18:21

Agree. The sight of all the jewels and crowns etc sickened me especially with the current cost of living.

justjeansandanicetop · 07/11/2023 18:25

Agree

ssd · 07/11/2023 18:46

Its totally and utterly appalling. That crown alone would probably be worth enough to build homes for the homeless. That family and the people who prop them up are an abomination.

Flyhigher · 07/11/2023 18:56

The Crown is apparently worth £3 billion.
How many homeless can you put up for that?
Makes me feel sick.

OP posts:
Libertass · 07/11/2023 19:00

It’s good that since the Queen’s death more & more people are now understanding the absurdity of the monarchy. She was the only monarch most of us had ever known, so she seemed a fixed & accepted part of British life, somehow beyond criticism.
Now, that unquestioned respect & permanence has gone and Charles just looks like a bloke dressed up in a ridiculous costume. Nobody really knew what the Queen thought about anything, yet everyone knows exactly what Charles thinks and many disagree with him. People who thought he was a prat before he became king, still think he’s a prat now.

spidermonkeys · 07/11/2023 19:05

It's bizarre to watch isn't it.

OurfriendsintheNE · 07/11/2023 19:07

You’re not wrong. Absolute nonsense

Deliadidit · 07/11/2023 19:10

Flyhigher · 07/11/2023 18:16

Sorry but why do we have a guy wrapped in furs and jewels stolen from other countries and gold draped about his person reading out our governments polices on a gold throne?
What is this but a class system designed to keep us as servants? It makes no sense at all anymore.
Which other countries do this? It's ridiculous, farcical and designed to manipulate. And he doesn't pay tax. He gets an allowance from us. And he has a private fortune of £400m? Does this make any sense at all?

Yes! When you read it like that it just seems so absurd.

Flyhigher · 07/11/2023 19:11

Oh and his brother is a paedophile.
And we give them money?
This sounds made up!

OP posts:
ssd · 07/11/2023 19:17

And we lecture others on how countries should be run

ssd · 07/11/2023 19:19

William is at the earthshot prize giving talking about climate change.
His family take more flights in a month than i do in a lifetime.
Fucking hypocrites

Flyhigher · 07/11/2023 19:20

Well his brother is accused of sexually assaulting a 17 year old who was sex trafficked.

OP posts:
beatrix1234 · 07/11/2023 19:21

@Flyhigher Does this make any sense at all?

It doesn’t. And all this in the middle of a recession were people are struggling to put food on their table. How is this millionaire covered in fur and with a gold crown helping the country and helping us I have no clue. Someone please explain.

Malarandras · 07/11/2023 19:23

Tradition is why. If you don’t like it, vote for a party that wants to abolish the Monarchy. Until then you’ll just have to get on with it really won’t you?

Flyhigher · 07/11/2023 19:26

It's more than tradition. It's designed. But I take your point.

OP posts:
beatrix1234 · 07/11/2023 19:27

Malarandras · 07/11/2023 19:23

Tradition is why. If you don’t like it, vote for a party that wants to abolish the Monarchy. Until then you’ll just have to get on with it really won’t you?

The most unfair and vile things get justified in the name of “tradition”. If I was sitting in millions thanks to “tradition “ I would be very “traditional” 🤣😂🤣

Soupdragonandme · 07/11/2023 19:27

The crown belongs to the nation. It doesn’t belong to the King.

The King is the Head of State, so he opens parliament.

I love the sense of history, the pomp and the grandeur.

Flyhigher · 07/11/2023 19:40

Does the Sickening money on show and the sexual assaults not tarnish the pomp a bit?

OP posts:
topnoddy · 07/11/2023 19:42

Soupdragonandme · 07/11/2023 19:27

The crown belongs to the nation. It doesn’t belong to the King.

The King is the Head of State, so he opens parliament.

I love the sense of history, the pomp and the grandeur.

Lets sell the bloody thing then and do away with every pomp that goes with having an elitist family that are apparently royal .

Marxism comrades

Theunamedcat · 07/11/2023 19:43

Flyhigher · 07/11/2023 18:56

The Crown is apparently worth £3 billion.
How many homeless can you put up for that?
Makes me feel sick.

Zero its priceless and valueless at the same time no-one would buy it no-one could afford to buy it

Plus we HAVE housing just not social/affordable housing in the same town as homeless people

for example we have loads of housing in my town with more being built we still have homeless people, Why? They won't rent to people who are currently homeless the houses/flats are more than the LHA therefore not covered by benefits they can't afford a month in advance they have no references or guarantor and yes we genuinely do have the odd unicorn that prefers a life of freedom one day he might want a roof over his head but that day is not today (and yes I know personally I went to school with him he has specific mental health issues almost thirty years on the streets travelling the country he is fine)

But selling a crown fixes nothing

user1497787065 · 07/11/2023 19:45

How do you suggest we sell the crown? EBay?

Theunamedcat · 07/11/2023 19:48

Flyhigher · 07/11/2023 19:20

Well his brother is accused of sexually assaulting a 17 year old who was sex trafficked.

Yes but he hasn't been prosecuted so it remains an allegation until he is found guilty you cant hold it against him legally he has done nothing admitted nothing been convicted of nothing

Flyhigher · 07/11/2023 19:50

It makes no sense though. To wear a £3 billion crown on an aristocrat that doesn't pay tax and is presiding over our nations strategy moving forward. Whether you sell it not. What does this signify in this context? We have actual real work to do. This is a symbol of wealth abuse and a long history of not paying tax and stealing from other countries. That's what the crown is.

As they say in the media

The optics are bad.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.