My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Dr Quenby at Coventry

36 replies

Greenvelvetdress · 24/04/2023 18:19

Hi, just got an appointment for beginning of July in Coventry.

It's following our third miscarriage, what should I expect from the first appointment please?

OP posts:
Ttcafterlosses · 26/04/2023 23:17

Hi. I’m sorry you’re also going through this. I can’t answer your question but I too have an appointment in a few months after 3 losses so would be interested to know if anyone can advise

MeganBistram · 27/04/2023 10:02

I have my appointment on the 12th and I received a letter this week asking me to have alot of blood tests before the appointment, So I assume this will be covered. I will let you know though

Greenvelvetdress · 28/04/2023 16:38

@MeganBistram ooh that's interesting. 12th may? Will your GP do them? So nice to connect with some people seeing the same consultant. So sorry you're both going through this too.

OP posts:
Rabbitjungle1 · 03/05/2023 13:54

I have an appointment with Prof Quenby on 23rd June, so am interested to hear how you get on @MeganBistram in the meantime. Which blood tests did they ask you to have done, in advance?

Ttcafterlosses · 12/05/2023 23:02

Hi I was just checking in to see how your appointment went today x

MeganBistram · 13/05/2023 07:03

Hello.. well it was a bit of a nightmare as she was running 3 hours late. Some very basic questions and couldn’t find my test results so will call me again on Wednesday :)

So I will let you know on Wednesday how it goes round 2. Test wise.. I left the form with them but I think it was full blood work, clotting & full Thyroid and gluten intolerance xx

BettyBoopy · 13/05/2023 07:26

Professor Quenby got to the root of my fertility issues 7 years ago and now I have 3 children! I had already been trying for 6 years at this point. I think the woman is a genius! Just popped on to say good luck. I can't really remember the ins and outs of my appointment although I do remember the uterine biopsy!

Foster29 · 14/05/2023 09:49

My daughter is under prof Queensbury she is amazing and one of the top miscarriage consultants in the uk - also she appeared in a tv programme last year can’t remember the name of it but I sure if googled it will come up .

Ttcafterlosses · 31/05/2023 11:38

Hi I was just wondering how you are getting on, I have my appointment next month and not sure what to expect. I haven’t had any contact about getting blood tests done beforehand

Rabbitjungle1 · 31/05/2023 20:15

Hi @Ttcafterlosses, I have my first appt at the end of June. I was having some other blood tests done so I got in touch with Prof Quenby's assistant to see if there were any they'd like me to get done at the same time. She sent me a request form with about 8 blood tests on. So it might be worth getting in touch proactively, as I'm not sure they would have reached out if I hadn't asked.

Greenvelvetdress · 09/06/2023 09:28

My appointment is at the beginning of July and I got a letter this weekend asking me to have some bloods done.

OP posts:
Greenvelvetdress · 09/06/2023 09:30

This is the letter. The appointment on it is incorrect fyi.

Dr Quenby at Coventry
OP posts:
Ttcafterlosses · 09/06/2023 10:36

Hi thank you for posting this. I have my appointment in 2 weeks and haven’t had anything like this. Wondering if I should call and ask as it is not very close to my home and I am taking time off work so don’t want to be told to come back after getting blood tests done

Ttcafterlosses · 23/06/2023 23:35

Hi all I saw professor Quenby today. So down to earth and compassionate. I feel like there’s a long way to go but she has given me some direction and hope. I hope we all have our rainbow babies soon

Rabbitjungle1 · 24/06/2023 05:02

@Ttcafterlosses I also saw her yesterday and feel the same. It's the first time in a long time I have felt tentatively hopeful.

Foster29 · 24/06/2023 06:36

good luck to you all - prof q got to the root of my daughter issue which was chronic edometrititis ( Apprantly quite a newish thing ) it’s a infection in the lining of the uterus - my girl had lost 7 precious little ones and now currently pregnant and this one seems to be hanging in there. Our miracle baby ❤️- prof q is amazing and what she doesn’t know is not worth knowing

Patchworksack · 24/06/2023 06:43

Another one hopping on to say good luck. Prof Q got to the bottom of my issues with RMC (diagnosed with high uNK cells) and I credit her with the birth of my daughter who is now 9.

Ttcafterlosses · 24/06/2023 08:33

Lovely to hear all your stories. I have APS and low progesterone. We are going to start by trying progesterone pessaries and then blood thinning injections and aspirin if I manage to get pregnant. She was very positive and said I shouldn’t give up

Foster29 · 24/06/2023 08:38

Ttcafterlosses · 24/06/2023 08:33

Lovely to hear all your stories. I have APS and low progesterone. We are going to start by trying progesterone pessaries and then blood thinning injections and aspirin if I manage to get pregnant. She was very positive and said I shouldn’t give up

My daughter has used the progesterone this time round and so far so good all going ok - it Makes her itch though but it’s a small price to pay 👍

Ttcafterlosses · 24/06/2023 08:47

Foster29 · 24/06/2023 08:38

My daughter has used the progesterone this time round and so far so good all going ok - it Makes her itch though but it’s a small price to pay 👍

I wish your daughter all the best and hope she has a healthy remaining pregnancy and birth. Definitely a small price to pay. Im not looking forward to inserting the pessaries twice daily but if they can help - I have had so many internal scans anyway with having 3 losses. I am surprised at how much progesterone could potentially help from the advice Prof Q gave

I am a little upset that progesterone wasn’t offered by EPU or when I was an inpatient at gynae and then having weekly appointments with a threatened miscarriage and bleeding. In the end heartbeat stopped but just trying not to dwell and be positive and look to the future

FirstTim3Mummy · 24/06/2023 23:33

Hello, for those of you who've had your first appointment, did you go through blood results? What if they come back negative?
Were any discussion around having a biopsy to check for endometritis?

My appointment is next Friday.

I wasn't tested for progesterone though. My tests were

Haemoglobin A1C

Vitamin D level

TSH

Antibodies to TPO

Lupus Anticoagulant

Full blood count

Tissue Transglutaminase

Cardiolipin antibodies

antiphospholipid syndrome

Thank you, and glad those who have seen her already are having a positive outlook xx

Ttcafterlosses · 24/06/2023 23:54

Hi yes we did go through the bloods but before anything she asked about the losses, medical history and about the pattern of my cycle and ovulation. Those tests sound the same as mine, my progesterone levels weren’t tested either. A few of my test results were raised and there was no discussion about endometritis. I imagine the discussions and tests will vary so much between patients based on medical history and results etc. I hope it goes well x

Greenvelvetdress · 30/06/2023 23:55

Had my bloods done, tested positive for thyroid antibodies and lupus antibodies so will see what Dr Quenby recommends next week...

OP posts:
Greenvelvetdress · 06/07/2023 15:52

Feeling a bit nervous about my appointment tomorrow

OP posts:
Ttcafterlosses · 06/07/2023 17:43

Hi I was very nervous and upset before my appointment. I think because I started remembering all my losses and trying to make sense of what happened so I could tell Prof Q in a logical way all those emotions came back. It’s a step in the right direction and I felt terribly relieved after my appointment

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.