PersonalChristmasElf · 04/01/2008 17:28

She really needs help.
I feel so sorry for the kids.

PersonalChristmasElf · 04/01/2008 17:28

Must get rid of the christmas name!

FoghornLeghorn · 04/01/2008 17:29

The head on that pic looks super-imposed to me

Artichokes · 04/01/2008 17:29

Poor girl. She is clearly ill. She has been like this since having her second son.

The media cirus around her is disgusting. Since when was it accetable to watch and laugh while someone has a major breakdown?

blanki · 04/01/2008 18:36

OMG how bad is it that so many are looking at her and jeering? Would we feel the same if it was our sister, friend (dare not say daughter eh?) I am disgusted that the world is feasting on her personal crisis. KF, I think is a far worse parent than she- checkout his track record. Why the interest now? Money, headline grabber? I wish Britney and her sons a safe, supported place for them to grow as a family and enjoy the love every child/children and mummy deserve. Tis a shame she never got the love as a child and we question why she is having difficulty?
On behalf of all mums fighting against a system, I offer Britney support.

moyasmum · 04/01/2008 18:42

Slightly troubled that Kevin Federlin is deemed to be the most reliable adult to care for the dc's. I think this is a one case where the US social services might intervene. Its like watching a car crash.

2shoes · 04/01/2008 18:45

those poor children

beansprout · 04/01/2008 18:46

Totally agree that some compassion is called for here. She is clearly in real trouble and the media circus disgusts me too.

Bouncingturtle · 04/01/2008 19:04

I'm afraid I am less sympathertic to Miss Spears - my heart goes out to her kids, but at the end of the day she's the one going out partying and drinking and taking drugs. I guess all that money doesn't mean you'll be a responsible parent.
I do wonder at her mentality that she cannot give up her partying lifestyle for the sake of her boys

notnowbernard · 04/01/2008 19:07

She is ill. She needs help, fast. Trouble is I'm not sure you can incarcerate someone against their will to enforce treatment for drug/alcohol/pills/food/sex addiction in the USA (you can't here, either).

blanki · 04/01/2008 19:22

Yes you can, well in scotland anyway. Her and her kids have my upmost sympathies and best wishes

FlameNFurter · 04/01/2008 19:23

I'm worried that if it carries on much longer they will find her and the children too late one day

DarrellRivers · 04/01/2008 19:24

in scotland?
against their consent?
for addiction?
surely not right

paulaplumpbottom · 04/01/2008 19:24

I think its tragic. What I don't understand is why its the top news story. They are rioting in Kenya, theres election confusion in Pakistan, and election results in the States.

Sobernow · 04/01/2008 19:28

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

joedar · 04/01/2008 19:34

Nobody is responsible for her behaviour but herself. She is reaping what she has sown!! Have no sympathy whatsoever for her she is a woman behaving like a child!! She needs a good kick up the ass and get her head in order.

notnowbernard · 04/01/2008 19:35

Her life apperared chaotic and out of control before she had her first baby.

Am sure she has issues that go way back

notnowbernard · 04/01/2008 19:35

Joedar that is harsh

Sobernow · 04/01/2008 19:38

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

notnowbernard · 04/01/2008 19:40

Sobernow - I agree it is not her fault. I also believe that she needs to take responsibility for her life, her behaviour... but that at the moment she is too ill to do this. She needs proper care ant treatment first.

joedar · 04/01/2008 19:44

Well its only my honest opinion, I too had 2 babies a year apart when I was 19 and found it tough, and hubby and I split and behaved very immaturly. But it was nobodys but our own selfish and childish behaviour that caused it.

We had the kids so we should have been able to deal wtih it.

Fortunatly we did get ourselves back on track after some counselling and maturing. Then reconciled and are happily married with 2 more daughters 7 years .

Counselling gave me that kick up the ass that I needed to mature and realise how I was being so selfish and hurting my family so much!!

notnowbernard · 04/01/2008 19:51

Fair play to you and dh, Joedar

I think Britney has a long way to go yet, if she indeed survives

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

ladytophamhatt · 04/01/2008 20:01

there was aclip of her on telly last night(before this story came out), singing on stage at about 9 years old and i thought knowing what shes giong through now what on earth must her parents have been like when she was that young girl.

I feel sorry for her, poor girl.

joedar · 04/01/2008 20:06

Yes that is true, and I may seem harsh but I get so frustrated when I look back on how sad my little ones must have felt, all because I chose not to deal with my own issues.

I look at the younger 2 dds I have who are now the age the older 2 were when we were seperated and can't imagine how devasted they would be if it happened to them.

Sometimes I just can't believe I was so self absorbed ( in a negative way) that I didn't even look how it was affecting my beautiful daughters.

So I guess I should have compassion for her when she is in such an awful place in life.

She does have alot more resources than your average person does though she could have all the counselling and help she needs without having to worry about the cost etc.

But I guess if she does not choose to be well, all the counselling in the world means nothing.

So I still think she needs a kick up the ass but not too hard as that she falls over and doesn't get back up again!!

notnowbernard · 04/01/2008 20:06

She is a classic example of The Product of Pushy Parents.

She's never known normality. Am sure she grew up learning very early on that love came conditionally. That her self-esteem was based on the responses she got from her Mother (namely, when she 'performed' well)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.