Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Baby's first passport delays

112 replies

Sunshinexx95 · 14/04/2022 10:10

Hi everyone, Give me some hope please πŸ˜­πŸ™

I applied on the 17th of feb
Had delays in confirming identity 11th of March
Sent documents on the 15th of March
System updated received on the 29th of March
It was all sent to Peterborough

I'm booked for holiday on the 29th of April which I am pretty sure it will be cancelled now.
I'm so sad ... I just want an update on the application and have been calling them mornings afternoons and evenings but it gets cut off after 10 min.

OP posts:
Please
or

FourHigh · 14/04/2022 10:18

I sent 3 off - documents sent off on the 21st March and I've had 2 back and 1 has been posted but not arrived yet. Sounds like yours should be here soon or there is a hold up somewhere. Mine all went to Liverpool and Durham though.

Please
or

Caspianberg · 14/04/2022 10:23

We sent mid May, arrived November. That’s was with us calling every few weeks. So 6 months

Please
or

popcorndiva · 14/04/2022 10:42

What was the delays in confirming identity? as you are pretty much counting from there which is 4 weeks. After identity was confirmed for us it took 5 weeks but they don't work bank Holidays so next week will be a bit delayed I think

Please
or

Sunshinexx95 · 14/04/2022 11:24

@popcorndiva
Oh .. it took time for the person that was supposed to confirm my daughters identity to actually do it. But he did it in the end.
So I will just have to wait honestly ...

OP posts:
Please
or

Greenhippoblue · 14/04/2022 17:19

When you're within 14 days of travel they have a new upgrade service (for a fee). You have to email details of flights etc. I have the email for the Liverpool team but the other offices will probably have the world Liverpool replaced with whatever. DM me and I can send it over.

Please
or

Sunshinexx95 · 14/04/2022 19:40

@Greenhippoblue
Have you done the new upgrades service ?
I sent them an email 2 days ago I hope they will reply soon.

Do you know how fast it is? I am flying on the 29th πŸ˜₯ so in 2 weeks exactly

OP posts:
Please
or

Greenhippoblue · 14/04/2022 20:51

No I haven't, I tried to withdraw our original application at a fast track appointment on Tuesday and that's when they told me about it. The categorically assured me I would get the passport in time if I have to use it. We fly in 4 weeks so a bit more waiting. Who have you emailed?

Please
or

LividLaVidaLoca · 14/04/2022 20:54

I applied 5th March. Identity 7th March. Passport received yesterday 13th April.

Please
or

Sunshinexx95 · 14/04/2022 22:34

@LividLaVidaLoca wow that sounds very good
My application was sent to Peterborough and I think there are some delays there... πŸ₯Ί may I ask where you got to send yours ?

OP posts:
Please
or

Sunshinexx95 · 15/04/2022 09:14

I just called them today and the person who replied said my application is with an examiner but I don't know how long it has been there.
And she said most offices don't work until Wednesday next week ( bank holiday...) ... I'm desperate

OP posts:
Please
or

matrixx · 15/04/2022 12:42

I'm not sure 100% but they maybe working bank holiday as we received a notification this morning re our baby's birth certificate being received. It might be an automated thing.

Please
or

ReadtheReviews · 20/04/2022 21:25

I'm also in this situation. Can you DM me the Liverpool address please? I think that's where DD's has gone. I fly on 28th with one or two children at this point to see my Dad who we haven't seen for 3 years. :( @Greenhippoblue

Please
or

Greenhippoblue · 20/04/2022 21:50

Hi @ReadtheReviews I was told to email [email protected] attaching any travel docs for evidence. Good luck!

Please
or

ReadtheReviews · 21/04/2022 15:31

I've emailed them! Probably somewhat gobbledegook, but I'm stressed out of my mind! Thanks hippo!

Please
or

Sunshinexx95 · 21/04/2022 15:38

@ReadtheReviews
Hii
I really hope they help you out so you can see your dad with your kidsπŸ™πŸ™
It is so hard to predict the waiting time. Mine is in Peterborough and i think the waiting time there is the longest. πŸ™ goodluck lovely

OP posts:
Please
or

Rrrunrunrunrunrun · 21/04/2022 15:44

Did it arrive? We had an email today to say our twins passports have been printed, but we are due to fly on Monday so will have to cancel. So gutted!

Please
or

Sunshinexx95 · 21/04/2022 15:46

@Rrrunrunrunrunrun
Maybe it will be posted by then? 😟 πŸ™πŸ™ at least you got the passport printed now which is super good.
When did you apply? And where did you send it? :)

OP posts:
Please
or

Sunshinexx95 · 23/04/2022 10:08

@ReadtheReviews
Any luck? πŸ™

OP posts:
Please
or

ReadtheReviews · 24/04/2022 16:42

No, hoping the upgrade team phone me on Monday. I'll be sitting by the phone since my mobile signal is bad where I live. Feel rather hopeless now though.

Please
or

ReadtheReviews · 24/04/2022 16:51

@sunshinexx95 what about yours? Friday you go isnt it?

Please
or

Sunshinexx95 · 24/04/2022 16:57

@ReadtheReviews
Yeah I was supposed to fly Friday.
I emailed upgrade team 3 times no answer. And I was told to email 3 times by the customer service. And last Tuesday I called and I had this rude lady that hang up on me and I wasn't even saying anything. Since that time I haven't done anything I gave up. I cried for like an hour after I felt so insulted. She told me if the upgrade team want to help they would help, if not it is their choice. So I am not going anywhere 29th.. that is 4 tickets/ holiday for Β£2000 gone for nothing ..

OP posts:
Please
or

Sunshinexx95 · 25/04/2022 11:04

I just got a text message saying they have received my documents which I have already got on the 29th of March...
I'm just confused.. is this just a auto repeat message ?

OP posts:
Please
or

ReadtheReviews · 25/04/2022 12:39

Sunshinexx95 · 14/04/2022 10:10

Hi everyone, Give me some hope please πŸ˜­πŸ™

I applied on the 17th of feb
Had delays in confirming identity 11th of March
Sent documents on the 15th of March
System updated received on the 29th of March
It was all sent to Peterborough

I'm booked for holiday on the 29th of April which I am pretty sure it will be cancelled now.
I'm so sad ... I just want an update on the application and have been calling them mornings afternoons and evenings but it gets cut off after 10 min.

I'm at the crying stage too.stuck indoors by the landline just hoping they'll call.cant bear the thought of leaving her behind.we won't be able to afford to go anywhere else for ages,paying back this trip. Maybe your text message is a sign they are moving things along...

Please
or

Sunshinexx95 · 25/04/2022 13:22

@ReadtheReviews
I'm so sorry πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί
It is so hard to just sit and wait. I am doing the same thing. Keep staring at my phone. I hope they get back to you as soon as possible so you can go see your father and have your children with u.

I am hoping that this message is an indicator of something πŸ₯Ί but I think it might just be an auto message.

OP posts:
Please
or

ReadtheReviews · 25/04/2022 16:08

Have found some accounts online of people being contacted as late as the day before flights and told to pick it up same day. Have also read sad stories of cancelled trips. The not knowing is rubbish. When 5pm comes I'll actually be able to breathe again! Haven't been this invested in a phone call since I was a broken-hearted teen!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?