Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone do kettlebells?

Courgeon · 11/07/2022 09:10

I'm 47 slim but "loose" in my skin. I've lost a lot of muscle tone and fat has accumulated round my middle. Just doing yoga and a bit if cycling and swimming isn't cutting it anymore.

I have x 2 kettle bells and know a few exercises but does anyone have any quick 20 minute routines a could do a few times a week to tone up and fat burn alongside the yoga?

OP's posts:
Please
or

easyday · 11/07/2022 09:59

Kettle bells require knowing the correct technique - swing weights around can cause damage. There must be YouTube videos you can look at.
My son (a PT) would say ten double swings, ten each side single, ten swaps, ten high pulls each side. Run to end of garden do 30 seconds of jumping jacks (or up and down stairs twice). Rest 1min then repeat. Do four sets. Then you can do ten one arm rows ten each side then bicep curls, squat with bell ten times then repeat set three times.
But you need to get the technique down first.

Please
or

CatNut2017 · 14/07/2022 16:55

I can suggest this one:

Please
or

crabbitmaw · 14/07/2022 16:58

YouTube has some great ones. I particularly like Caroline Girvan workout vids; she does lots, with varying equipment/ no equipment/ length of session and style etc. I did alot of Kettlebell workouts during lockdown as that's all I had available. I definitely felt them the next day! YouTube is good because you can pause it if you feel too knackered (might just be me!)

Please
or

AmbushedByCake1 · 14/07/2022 17:06

Search for HasFit on YouTube. Loads of different kettlebell and dumbbell routines.

Please
or

VaddaABeetch · 14/07/2022 17:07

I’d say do a few classes. Learn the technique then you can replicate at home

Please
or

jeffersonsam · 15/07/2022 14:02

I likes to use kettlebells in my daily workout. Kettlebells are versatile at helping you lose weight. Kettlebell workouts engage several muscles at a time. They activate more muscle groups than most traditional workouts. So don't forget to use kettlebells in your workout time.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.