Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Exercise routine for arms?

ImInStealthMode · 17/03/2022 19:56

Hi Ladies

I'm looking for some advice on the best ways to tone my upper arms a bit ahead of my wedding in 11 weeks.

I have access to a very well equipped gym, all kinds of fun stuff to use, I just don't know how or in what combination

Can anyone suggest a routine or specific exercises that might make a difference?

At the moment I tend to do some cardio on either the treadmill or elliptical, followed by a bit of messing about with kettle bells / core bags / medicine balls etc but not really with much direction or consistency.

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

rubyslippers · 17/03/2022 19:57

Tricep dips
Bicep curls
Work on some lateral raises and other stuff for shoulders
If you can have a session with a trainer at your gym they can also make some more suggestions

Please
or

MsWalterMitty · 23/03/2022 13:43

I like caroline girvan on youtube. I’m not an avid follower, but do her dumbbell workouts

Please
or

Chely · 24/03/2022 10:28

Get serious in the weights section.
You need to build muscle mass and using freeweights will do this. Compound lifts require arm use and great for the rest of your body. Only isolation work I do, tricep extensions, front & lateral raises.
As heavy as you can manage without breaking good form, enjoy the doms.

Please
or

MingeofDeath · 25/03/2022 23:33

I've just got a thing called a power spin. It looks like a tubular steering wheel with a weighted ball inside - I want to get rid of my bingo wings. I do kettlebells most days so thought this thing would be easy. Oh how wrong was I, have used it for 2 days now and my arms were absolutely killing me. Kettlebells dont make my arm muscles ache like that. The workout is 6 minutes and can be done sitting down. Early days yet, I'll report back inaccurate few weeks.

Please
or

milkysmum · 29/03/2022 08:28

I've been going to bodypump a couple of times a week and can already feel my arms toning up. I can only manage low weights but it's obviously still doing something!

Please
or

blobby10 · 30/03/2022 14:13

@ImInStealthMode if you google 'exercise routine for arms' you can find loads of stuff. As you have a relatively short amount of time, just pick a few exercises and do them - for toning do lighter weights and more reps.

Please
or

BigButtons · 01/04/2022 06:29

To seriously make a difference I would suggest Caroline Girvan.

Please
or

Helenbrown091 · 13/04/2022 11:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.