Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Fitbit sense for running

notsohot · 27/11/2021 12:11

I am looking at getting a new running watch for Christmas. The Fitbt Sense looks good but I'm wondering about the music / podcast feature. Do I need additional subscriptions to Deezer and/or Spotify to be able to use this.
I currently have a TomTom watch that can play downloaded music or podcasts. I need GPS and like to be able to see HR & pace when I run put don't really need anymore advanced features.
Interested in any other recommendations, TIA.

OP's posts:
Please
or

fellrunner85 · 30/11/2021 07:38

Just get a Garmin - they're the best by miles!

Please
or

emmathedilemma · 30/11/2021 12:33

another vote for gamin, all the complaints about poor running watches are usually aimed at Apple and Fitbit.
The Garmin Forerunner 245 music would suit you if you want to be able to download music. There was some good black friday deals on which might still be kicking around.

Please
or

parkrunner1977 · 30/11/2021 12:55

I have a Fitbit Versa 3 which has the inbuilt GPS and I do use it when out running but I also wear my Garmin as well for the pace time info etc. There is normally about 100m distance diff between the two as well at the end of the run. You need to have a Spotify Premium subscription for that to work on the Fitbit app as well.

Please
or

notsohot · 01/12/2021 00:26

thanks for the replies, I will have a look at the Garmin watches again

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.