Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

David Lloyd Leeds - has anyone joined recently?

Smileyclouds · 19/10/2021 17:44

Hi all, I'm just looking to see if anyone has joined the David Lloyd Leeds gym recently? What's your review of it? Could you give me an idea of the cost and which membership you have?

The reviews online seem to be either 'it's great' or 'it's rubbish' (I realise this is the nature of reviews) and I can't get a cost until I do the tour, but I would like to know in advance! There are some sites quoting a cost but no idea how true this is!

Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

SheWoreYellow · 19/10/2021 17:47

All the poor google reviews seem to be about contractual issues. Pretty much.

Please
or

HermioneWeasley · 23/10/2021 23:01

I’m too tight for David Lloyd but have lots of friends who go and enjoy it

Please
or

CovidCorvid · 23/10/2021 23:10

Not Leeds but I go to a different DL and people nationwide currently very unhappy. They are cost cutting big time. Time tables have been decimated, Les Mills classes removed, opening times shortened, the instructors are leaving so they can’t cover classes,

they have just introduced a new thing where DL now charge the tennis coaches £12 per lesson for court hire so all the coaches stuck their prices up by £12. They’ve made the PTs hand over a bigger chunk of their fee so now the PTs are leaving.

Members are leaving in their droves. I know people who have been there for 20+ years who are going. The managers laugh and say it’s fine as plenty of new members are signing up but when I talk to them they all say as soon as their 12 month contract is up they’re also going.

There’s an unofficial DL members fb group which would be worth joining.

My friend spoke to our manager about it the other day and he turned round and said that he’s sick of having members complaining about the same things and if he didn’t have to spend all his time dealing with complaints he’d have more time to get stuff done. Said in a nasty manner, not joking. Acting like she was a major pain.

Please
or

HermioneWeasley · 25/10/2021 18:20

If you’re looking in Leeds, mine has just been taken over by Bannatyne’s and I’m very impressed - they do all the Les Mills classes, have bought all new equipment and are smartening the place up. They’ve even honoured my old price which I’m delighted by as I had a lifetime deal!

Please
or

Smileyclouds · 27/10/2021 18:52

Thanks all for your views! I think I'm going to leave it for now and look at some other options :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

SirSamuelVimes · 27/10/2021 19:00

@HermioneWeasley

If you’re looking in Leeds, mine has just been taken over by Bannatyne’s and I’m very impressed - they do all the Les Mills classes, have bought all new equipment and are smartening the place up. They’ve even honoured my old price which I’m delighted by as I had a lifetime deal!

Also in Bannatyne's favour - pretty sure they are the only one of the big chain gyms to offer / maintain single sex (not self identified gender) changing. Something to bear in mind if you don't fancy seeing a lady-penis and testicles swinging freely in the showers.
Please
or

HermioneWeasley · 28/10/2021 16:09

@SirSamuelVimes well quite. I had my first shower there this week after avoiding it for over 2 years

Please
or

Twizbe · 28/10/2021 16:32

Not the Leeds one but we're members in a London one.

We love it. Ours has loads of classes both with PTs and virtual. The pool is great and they have a huge soft play for the kids.

They have single sex changing and a big unisex family changing.

The food could be better but we didn't join for that.

I will say though, this week we've been to both Heston and Peterborough and neither seem as nice as our home one.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.