Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Peloton digital app users?

Newrunner29 · 25/08/2021 23:28

Evening,
Im a peloton digital app user, and have a cheap spin bike, which i screen mirror to my tv, ive had it since December 2020, i just done my 100 workout use strength, yoga, meditation , outdoor running and bootcamps, i love it anyone else just use app (do it the cheap way!)?

OP's posts:
Please
or

SkinnyMirror · 25/08/2021 23:29

Me!!!!! I love it!!

Please
or

Newrunner29 · 25/08/2021 23:37

@SkinnyMirror

Me!!!!! I love it!!

Do u also have cheap spin bike? Who r ur favourite instructors? I love Cody, going to try Bradley tomorrow, the funny thing is my husband refused to have the spin bike in the living room so ive had it in garage but struggled for motivation to go out there, so on sunday i hid it behind a chair in our living room and he still hasnt noticed its there 😀
OP's posts:
Please
or

HarrietOh · 25/08/2021 23:39

Me! I also have a cheap spin bike and do the strength workouts. Ben seems to be my favourite.

Please
or

SkinnyMirror · 26/08/2021 07:45

I have a mid range spin bike so it's pretty sturdy. I have it in my utility room and I bought something that allows me to clip in my iPad.

I love Cody, Sam, Ben and leanne. Dennis' queen class is great too.
I also do the the strength classes and think they're pretty good.

Please
or

evilharpy · 26/08/2021 07:51

I use it for cycling and yoga. I like Ben, Sam, Dennis for cycling, and Dennis, Aditi, Kristen for yoga. Also like the pilates classes although there aren't that many of them - Sam has done a few and I wish he'd do more.

Please
or

nbee84 · 26/08/2021 15:47

Me Grin I have gym quality spin bike that I bought 2nd hand on ebay - a technogym. I tried the peloton bike in John Lewis and my bike is far more sturdy. I don't get any metrics on my bike, I fitted a cheap cadence sensor but after a few rides I don't really use it - I can tell I'm doing the correct cadence. For resistance they say 40 for out of the saddle which is enough to support your body weight when standing - again tested the bike in JL to see if my guesses at resistance were ok and if anything I was going heavier than I thought.

I love the bike bootcamps - I do Cody for a fun workout and Jess if I'm feeling particularly strong.

I flit around instructors for spin but do tend to prefer Ben, Leanne, Sam and Cody.

I also use the strength workouts - I just see what takes my fancy but try and do a core workout most days.

I use the outdoor audio too - walking to begin with but now doing some walk + runs as I'm trying to get back to running after injuring mu knee last year.

I think the app is great value and if my bike broke and was unrepairable I'd not replace it with a Peloton as I feel their bikes are overpriced comparedto other spin bikes out there and you also need to subscribe to the full app at £39 per month.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.