Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Spin classes for the very unfit

Missingtheedge · 23/07/2021 23:10

Before DC I was a spinning fanatic, doing classes 4-5 times a week. Post DC I am three sizes bigger (now 16-18) and very unfit.

I’d like to get back into spinning but as I originally started it when I was fit I’ve no idea about whether it’s feasible when very unfit and fat? I know I can go at my own pace but I fear I may collapse after 10-15 mins..

Maybe I should get my general fitness up before I attempt spinning again?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bluebird797 · 23/07/2021 23:14

I started spin when I was at my heaviest, and most unfit. Hadn't been to the gym in years and just though "sod it". I absolutely loved it! Admittedly I couldn't walk for 3 days after the first class, but I'd be buzzing after every class. You will sweat bucket loads, you will want to cry and feel sick as a dog, but you will also power through and feel amazing afterwards!

Please
or

Missingtheedge · 23/07/2021 23:18

I might give it a try then! I think I will get to the studio early and tell the instructor I’m very unfit and may not last the whole class.

I used to get the most amazing buzz when I did spinning, I would have done the class daily if I could.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hoorayhenryyah · 24/07/2021 17:50

The good thing about spin is you can adjust the resistance to suit you. So if you start to struggle you can take it down a bit and have a bit of recovery before pushing it on again

Please
or

marmaladehound · 24/07/2021 17:58

I have just re joined the gym. 9 years and 3 kids later! Yep heavier, fatter and a lot less fit. I just went straight back to spin. It's was tough but you do control the resistance so just do it and if need idea a break just crank the resistance down for 5 or go slower.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.