Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Beachbody On Demand?

LostFrog · 27/01/2021 20:44

I couldn't see a Beachbody thread on here but if I have missed it by all means please point me the right way!

Considering signing up for Beachbody on demand, any thoughts? I have done T25, Piyo, P90X in the (distant) past but nothing much for the last couple of years after a slipped disc - mainly from loss of confidence rather than recovery time. I don't need to lose lots of weight but I do need to get my strength and fitness back.

Am currently doing a Les Mills on demand trial but I can't seem to get on with it at all. I've given it a couple of weeks but I'm just not feeling it. I don't like the style of the filming and it makes me feel like I have gatecrashed a fitness class where everyone else knows what they are doing. Also hate the way the presenters sing along to the tracks and the camera keeps panning away so that you can't see what they are doing. Anyway. Enough of that.

Had a look at Beachbody and there are so many new programmes on there! Would be interested to hear some recommendations.

OP's posts:
Please
or

dueindecember10 · 02/02/2021 18:57

I use BOD. I love it as so much variety. I have the dvds for insanity, insanity max, t25 and 21 day extreme. Since I’ve been on demand I’ve done MBF, MBFA, the work and LIIFT4. I have loved all the programs I’ve done. I mainly focus on strength workouts. Definitely worth trying a few samples to see what suits you best.
Shout if you need any further advice.x

Please
or

sleslieuk · 05/02/2021 16:37

Hi
BOD seems v £.... is LIIFT4 included? Couldn't see that it was and that you had to buy another package.
Thanks
TIA

Please
or

dueindecember10 · 06/02/2021 06:32

LIIFT4 is definitely included. I think I paid around £100 for a year access. When they release a new program there is exclusive early access which you have to pay access for. From memory that is Autumn Calabrese's new one and a running one but not LIIFT4, I paid extra for early MBF/MBFA access but was really worth it as was one of my favourites.

Please
or

WhatILoved · 06/02/2021 06:52

There is a BOD thread but no one has contributed for ages. I do it but don't follow the food programs just exercise. My fave by far is lift. MBF is ok but I actually find it quite repetitive and I prefer the programs where the cast are on set. I did lift quite religiously and it changed my body and posture for the better - considering doing it again. I get my cardio from running or other outdoor stuff. I'd say there aren't any proper yoga ones.
Some of the programs are a bit meh but I reckon I got my year money's worth mainly as most of it was in lockdown

Please
or

Scarydinosaurs · 06/02/2021 06:56

I do it and love LIIFT on there. I’ve done Barre Blend a few times too. T25 is great- I had the dvds of that, and P90x.

I like being able to watch on my phone first and then do the full workout the next morning.

Lots of choice on there- I think I’ll try MBF next.

Please
or

WhatILoved · 06/02/2021 06:57

You deffo need some equipment mainly dumbbells. You don't need the ropes for mbf you can just jump. The work is good too. I quite liked Barre on mute. Some of the motivational chat is too much for me. I felt very British when I muted them - I've never muted Joe Wicks haha

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.