Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

31 days has December (running challenge)

DrPeppersPhD · 30/11/2020 02:08

I've set myself a challenge to run every day in December. I'm not a daily runner, but I'd like to be. If any others want to join the thread for tips, advice or just to support each other, welcome aboard!

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheBumbleNums · 30/11/2020 10:43

Well done OP, that’s a good challenge. A local charity to me is running a 50 miles in December challenge, you pay a small fee to register (which goes to the charity) and then you log all your mileage and send it in at the end to get a medal

I don’t run daily but I do 5k 3-4 times a week so hopefully I can do this (also allows for some days off if I’m not feeling it or weather is crappy etc etc)

Please
or

DrPeppersPhD · 30/11/2020 12:51

I'm doing the race at your pace to keep me interested! I'm hoping for 35 miles this month, at least 1 mile per day. Your charity run sounds wonderful, I wish you all the best with it!

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheBumbleNums · 04/12/2020 09:13

I’ve done 3 miles so far, three days in and that’s not a great start! Another 3 tonight and again Sat/Sun. If I can do 12-15 miles a week I think that will do it (also accounting for Christmas/Boxing Day and New Year). I’ve only recently gone back to running so I’m not pushing too hard.

How have you done now we’re on day 4?

Please
or

DrPeppersPhD · 04/12/2020 09:38

That's a good start though, better to get it started than get it perfect.
So far I'm doing good, didn't really want to go out today but I did it and it was fine, so we're looking good!

OP's posts:
Please
or

totatola · 05/12/2020 09:33

Good luck with it! I was hoping to do something similar this month but have not long been back running regularly after a niggly hip issue at the start of November so decided that it probably wasn't wise to start running every day so soon afterwards. I'm hoping to spend December running 4-5 days/week and then will try RED January I think.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.