Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Any free exercise programmes (with a week by week schedule) except C25K?

minipie · 09/11/2020 14:37

I’ve just started C25K but would like some videos alongside that I can do at home to tone and build strength (HIIT, Pilates, weights, anything don’t mind really).

I’m rubbish at self discipline so would like something tells me exactly what to do each day! I know there are paid for programmes that do this but does anyone know of any good free ones...?

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Weepingwillows12 · 09/11/2020 14:40

I am not sure if it quite fits your requirements but I am doing yoga with Adriene as a lockdown challenge. She usually does a daily yoga challenge in January so I am doing her "home" series from January 20. All videos are on YouTube and it's one a day varying from about 20 to 40 mins a go.

Please
or

minipie · 09/11/2020 14:45

Oh, a daily challenge sounds good! I have never done yoga but done quite a bit of Pilates so hopefully could work it out.

OP's posts:
Please
or

minipie · 09/11/2020 14:45

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Trumpyouredone · 09/11/2020 18:55

Watching as I'd love to find a free HIT one

Please
or

whp · 09/11/2020 19:44

I have recently discovered Caroline Girvan on You tube. She has brought out a free 28 day Epic program which involves weights and hiit (different every day).

Please
or

ScrapThatThen · 09/11/2020 19:50

l saw this ourparks.org.uk/couch-to-fitness linked on here recently but haven't tried it yet.

Please
or

ScrapThatThen · 09/11/2020 19:58

Also the workout trainer app is great and has HIIT

Please
or

DilysPrice · 09/11/2020 20:17

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is an old skool MN fave. It’s on YouTube I think for a taster, and the DVD costs 6 quid or 4 quid second hand, so very affordable if not free.

Please
or

minipie · 09/11/2020 22:02

Oh thanks all these sound great! I’ve heard of the Shred on here but don’t have a DVD player ... will check out the others though

OP's posts:
Please
or

GinnieHempstock · 10/11/2020 15:35

Nike training club app is a free app that does plans, with various HiiT, yoga, etc training. I use it in conjunction with the Nike run club app.

Please
or

IWillWearThatGlitteryWoolly · 10/11/2020 15:37

I do Lucy Wyndham-Read on Youtube - she has 7 day HIIT challenges, 14 day ones and 28 day ones, depending on what you want to work on. I find them very easy to access and to adapt to my leve of fitness (and my dodgy knees)!

Please
or

Rgy3250999 · 14/11/2020 16:18

Les Mills On Demand have various challenges you can join and lots of variety in classes. If you go back through the threads (maybe search), you can get a 2 month free trial, taking you well past Christmas! I find the classes really motivating and challenging but fun! It’s free so worth a go.

Please
or

Schummakker · 14/11/2020 21:43

You could try Chloe Ting, she has quite a few programmes.

Please
or

applepineapple · 14/11/2020 23:32

Lottie Murphy (YouTube) has a 2 week Pilates plan, as well as one coming out for December

Please
or

Energisewithsam · 24/12/2020 12:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.