Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone have a Les Mills on demand subscription?

justanotherneighinparadise · 30/10/2020 19:15

I’m thinking of trying it out for three months. Wonder if you have a subscription and if so do you use it?

OP's posts:
Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 30/10/2020 19:15

No but interested in the responses!

Please
or

justanotherneighinparadise · 30/10/2020 19:24

I’d also love to know if any of you (who respond lol) have a spin bike at home, and if so, which model?

OP's posts:
Please
or

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs · 30/10/2020 19:31

I do! Dd2 and I do combat religiously twice a week, and have tried various other programs too! I love it, and we have even done it on holiday. We have set up a gym in the garage. We do have a spin bike too, not sure what make it is, but DH and I both use it. The Les Mills subscription saved us a fortune! We had the whole family (2 adults, 3 children) at the gym previously, £150 a month, couldn't always get booked into the classes we wanted. Now I pay around £10 a month and we do as many classes as we want. Well worth it!

Please
or

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs · 30/10/2020 19:31

Oh, they do pretty good spin classes too!

Please
or
Please
or

Fairybatman · 30/10/2020 19:35

I do and was really good with it at the start of lockdown but have been rubbish recently. The range of classes is great and they are taught really well for an online audience.

Please
or

TabbyStar · 30/10/2020 19:36

Yes. I use BodyAttack, BodyBalance, BodyPump and occasionally I start a Sh'bam class before getting annoyed because I can't work out what they're doing. Definitely good value for me.

Please
or

justanotherneighinparadise · 30/10/2020 19:36

Oooooooh!! I’m so excited. I shall join the thread 😍

@ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs if you could jot down the make when you’re back out at your gym I’d love to know. I want to pick up a decent second hand one.

OP's posts:
Please
or

slummymummy82 · 30/10/2020 19:36

I do it's brilliant, I'd done pump at the gym for years and subscribed at the beginning of lockdown. I've since got a bike and enjoy the 3 different types of cycle classes and have dipped my toe in body attack which I think is a bit like aerobics and when I'm feeling super fit will do grit strength. I've tried combat, jus't can't get into it, but I know people who love it, and I'm going to give step a go next!

Please
or

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs · 30/10/2020 20:00

@justanotherneighinparadise I will check! My dad bought us it as a Christmas present (spin bike). Definitely a good idea, especially under current circumstances

Please
or

nbee84 · 30/10/2020 21:06

I've had the subscription since lockdown - used to do pump, combat and attack at the gym.
I've used it a lot and have done other classes on there too. I currently have a knee injury (running Angry) so am a bit limited in what I can do but there is still a lot on there to keep me busy. I've been doing cxworx, upper body combat and adapting pump so that I don't do any squats or lunges.
I aslo have a spin bike at home - a Technogym gym quality spin bike bought for a bargain £260 on ebay about 18months ago.

Please
or

EatPrayYoga · 30/10/2020 21:15

Yes. I go through phases of using it and not using it as with all exercise but it's definitely worth the money considering I was paying about £40 a month for the gym

Please
or

earlydoors42 · 01/11/2020 11:41

I am on a 30 day free trial and really like it. I'm doing Body Combat (done a bit before on youtube), Body Pump and Body Attack. I will carry on after the trial until I get bored and want to try something different.

Please
or

TawnyPippit · 01/11/2020 11:45

I think its really good. One of the trainers at the gym said that that was what they use to learn the routines, so they are “proper” classes, with all of the variations - nothing like a cheesy celeb work out. And LOADS of variety

Please
or

WaterNokk · 09/11/2020 10:27

Ohhhh I need this thread. Just signed up and am enjoying Body Combat. I also really want to try the step exercises but don’t have a step!!! I don’t really want to spend loads of money on a step though. Any tips?

Please
or

MsMartini · 11/11/2020 08:49

@WaterNokk, I bought my step from Mirafit - it is great.

Got studio barbells there too which were OOS - but I did the email alert thing and snapped them up.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.