Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What is the best protein bars?

Fitfab · 02/07/2020 22:02

Best flavour / protein but not massive calories?

OP's posts:
Please
or

MarkRuffaloCrumble · 02/07/2020 22:04

I ordered a selection box of 12 Carb Killa Grenade bars from Amazon, they’re really nice and it’s a good way to try all the different flavours.

Please
or

melissasummerfield · 02/07/2020 22:05

Fulfil ones are amazing!

Please
or

nbee84 · 02/07/2020 22:26

I 2nd the Fulfil ones - my favourite is the salted caramel one. They come in 40g or 55g bars. The 55g one has 204 calories and 20g protein.

Phd smart bars aren't too bad either but I'd choose the fulfil ones 1st.

I haven't tried loads of protein bars but most of the ones I have tried have tended to be quite dense and chewy. The fulfil ones are like eating a regular chocolate bar.

Please
or

nbee84 · 02/07/2020 22:28

And I've seen the fulfil ones in Asda and Aldi as single bars so a great way to try them rather than buying a whole box - I have three quarters of a box of the Mars ones sitting in the cupboard!

Please
or

MrsAvocet · 02/07/2020 22:35

I order bars etc online for my son from a company called My Protein. He's allergic to egg and milk so its handy that they have a vegan range, though they have lots of non vegan things too. He likes the vegan Carb Crusher bars but they have quite a range and many of their products can be bought as samples in single bars or sachets so you dont end up with a huge box of stuff that you dont like. We were recommended the company by a sports nutritionist and I've not been disappointed. They're not cheap, but there are often discounts on. (We joke that they are the DFS of nutrition Grin)

Please
or

firsttimemummy11 · 02/07/2020 22:44

I second the fulfil bars! The hazelnut ones are my favourite... can get them off Foodcircle Supermarket for half the price! They have a few other brands too..

My sister has the MyProtein ones and they were also great..

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.