Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Music to run to

blueskys72 · 29/02/2020 20:54

Can you give me some ideas of what's on your running play lists please?

I've just started back at a gym, never thought music was a particular good motivator for me,
Until today, and I didn't want to get off the treadmill because I was actually enjoying it!

OP's posts:
Please
or

AlCalavicci · 29/02/2020 22:30

I dont run due to a buggered hip nut I do like walking as a exercise, so I pick music that fits the natural pace of my stride , i start with something slowish then over the next s=few songs I play ones with a faster or louder rhythm
Robbie Williams - Rock dj ,
Robert Palmer - addicted to love,
Georgia Satellites - Battleship chains .

so i think it is about experimenting with what music fits your pace , for what its worth the above 3 tracks are not the kind of music I would not normally listen to but they suite what I want

Please
or

blueskys72 · 01/03/2020 07:40

I think it would be great if there was a way to change the tempo of songs on phones - sometimes there's a great one to run to, but it's just ever so slightly out - just a touch too slow or too fast.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sonnet18 · 01/03/2020 17:55

Depends what you like! I listen to 90s dance music (for the nostalgia!) and the fast beat. Then sometimes I listen to rock music, just completely depends on how fast I want to run.

Please
or

ColleysMill · 02/03/2020 07:20

My playlist is very rock based - mainly because thats what i like to listen to Grin I tend to pick stuff with a faster or steadier beat, a good riff or chorus. And some songs that just make me smile or make me happy.

This is where something like spotify comes in handy as i just add stuff as i remember it or hear it on the radio.

So a little taster of my playlist is:

Guns n roses - you could be mine
Motorhead - ace of spades
Halestorm - Love bites
Offspring - come out and play
Limp Biscuit - rollin
Kula shaker - hush
Alien ant farm - smooth criminal
My chemical romance - im not okay

Not quite what everyone would choose but works for me!

Please
or

flukeshot · 02/03/2020 07:23

There's an app called RockMyRun which matches music to your footfalls - it's awesome! There are thousands of playlists in there too, all genres. Have a look for it 🙂

Please
or

MrsJustDo · 05/03/2020 21:01

Spotify has loads of pre-made running playlists. 80s running ones are the best - nothing like a bit of Rocky music to keep you going.

Please
or

Dreamingofsunnydays · 05/03/2020 21:20

I am a big convert to BBC sounds. Adele’s radio 1 workout mix is great for gym and running- 30 mins long, new one each week to download. I find them really motivational and look forward to the new one each week. Good luck

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.