Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Running - injury or something else?

TibetanCherryTree · 06/07/2019 15:53

A few weeks ago I was training for a race and thought I had injured a muscle in my calf. I didn't pull up suddenly, it just seized up as if I had really bad cramp. It went on for days and I went to my race to give it ago and was lucky to get through it. I limped for a day after with the stiffness again but then it lifted. It was like as if I ran it off.

I went for a very low key run yesterday as I have another race tomorrow. It was basically a few K, really slow, chatting to my mate to avoid any injury. A few hours later I have pain and stiffness in my foot. It was underneath my foot on the left hand side. This morning it was still there, then it was on top of my foot, then it was in my ankle. Now it is in my little toe! I mean WTF? Sorry for swearing but I feel like I've got gout.

I'm doing a race tomorrow but am hobbling.

Anyone any idea what the hell this is? And how to get rid of it!

OP's posts:
Please
or

AuntieStella · 06/07/2019 16:59

No, I don't know what the hell it is. But a one-sided symptom (especially one that moves around) that is not associated with actual injury to that side can be associated with some sort of unevenness elsewhere in the spine and shoulders. My (intermittent, one sided, not injury) calf and ankle tendon issues are invariably that, and I see an osteopath (old upper back injury, creeping tension).

If you've been fairly issue-free, then perhaps a good sports massage as a first step? To release everything generally.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.