Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Is there a device for tracking my swimming?

reallyneedmoresleep · 13/11/2018 15:25

I always loose count of lengths and sometimes swim in lakes. I'd really like to know my distance, is there a gadget that does this?
Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

sleepismysuperpower1 · 13/11/2018 18:16

try here link review

Please
or

tizwozliz · 14/11/2018 17:54

I had a swimovate watch which leaked the first time i got the battery changed then changed to a fitbit which is much less fancy in terms of stats, but counts lengths with reasonable accuracy for me, plus is easy to charge and easy to synch up with computer/phone. Auto detects swimming so requires no input from me whatsoever.

Tracking open water swimming requires a much more expensive watch and often they're very bulky so it's not a priority for me.

Please
or

SissySpacekAteMyHamster · 14/11/2018 17:54

Moov is decent enough.

Please
or

tizwozliz · 14/11/2018 18:06

I liked the look of the Moov but was put off by it not being rechargeable (as i already had one swim watch killed by changing the battery) and also that you have to start it from your phone.

Please
or

VanillaSugary · 14/11/2018 18:19

You can buy a lap counter from amazon. It fits on your finger like a ring and you tap it when you reach the edge of the pool.

Please
or

carrie74 · 15/11/2018 10:30

My Apple Watch seems to track length and distance quite well with options for pool swim vs outdoor swim.

Please
or

AuntieStella · 16/11/2018 07:16

Triathletes I know all have Garmin or Suunto.

The basic Garmins (like mine) don't track swimming so I can't recommend one from personal experience. The high-spec ones look amazing, but have price tag to match.

Please
or

WhatelsecouldIbecalled · 30/11/2018 19:07

I have a pool mate watch and it’s great!

Please
or

squeakyreptile · 30/11/2018 19:09

DP uses a Garmin for this- one of their Triathlon watches (he runs as well)- it seems to work well in the pool and also isn't too bulky for everyday wear.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.