Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Wireless headphones/ earphones.

SpoonfulOfJam · 11/11/2018 14:29

I’m hoping it’s ok to ask this here. I need a pair of wireless headphones to use at the gym and I’m struggling to find the pair I have in mind.

I’m currently using a big set with a wire to my iPhone, tucked into my bra. It’s far from ideal.

I do mat work on front and back, and this is when the headphones either fall forward or backwards. I want something to either be so lightweight that they won’t shift when I’m lay down or on my front. Or separate pieces that hook into my ears. I hate the buds with nothing to hold them in place they just fall out of my ears. I also get pretty active doing cardio, so they need to be held onto my head or ears somehow.

I’m sure there must be some tried and tested pairs that people are using. I’d love some recommendations, thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

itsbritneybiatches · 11/11/2018 15:12

I have some white beats ones that hook
Over my ears.

They are pricey but work really well. Hold the charge well and never fall out. They are light weight too and can be Bluetooth connected to phone so I can take calls on them also.

I also don't like the bud types they don't fit my ears.

Please
or

itsbritneybiatches · 11/11/2018 15:12

They are wireless from the phone but have a
Wire connecting them together

Please
or

itsbritneybiatches · 11/11/2018 15:14

These in white

Wireless headphones/ earphones.
Please
or

SpoonfulOfJam · 11/11/2018 16:51

That’s exactly what I had in mind. Naturally, they’re eye wateringly expensive! Good starting point though, thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

itsbritneybiatches · 11/11/2018 17:17

Have a look on eBay. Mine were a present last Christmas

Please
or

SpoonfulOfJam · 11/11/2018 18:08

Will do. Mine will be a Christmas present too... very possibly my only Christmas present.
I would imagine they come in a protective case, so can be chucked into gym bag safely?

OP's posts:
Please
or

ifeellikeanidiot · 11/11/2018 18:23

Mpow do a version just like those for less than £20. You can get them on amazon. I've been using mpow Bluetooth for five years now, they are good value, sound quality is fairly decent and really reliable. The only downside is that they tend to only last about 18 months but at that price i don't mind replacing them occasionally.

Please
or

SpoonfulOfJam · 11/11/2018 19:05

Perfect. I’ve just sent DH the link on amazon. Although I might just get them myself- now I’ve seen them I just want to start wearing them at the gym.

Thanks so much.

OP's posts:
Please
or

carrie74 · 12/11/2018 07:57

I got a pair of Air Pods for Christmas last year, and it's amazing how well they stay in my ears. Great sound and as with all Apple stuff, great connectivity between all devices.

Please
or

WhatelsecouldIbecalled · 12/11/2018 21:05

I have a pair of mpow ones and swear by them. Decent price from amazon and they have had some hammer and still work really well.

Please
or

Didsomeonesaybunny · 12/11/2018 21:09

Another vote for Apple. The ear pods are great and deliver excellent sound quality.

Please
or

BusterTheBulldog · 12/11/2018 21:09

I’ve been thinking about getting some too, I bought some cheapies for about £20 from Argos, they were the most annoying things ever! Never stayed in.

Are the air pods really good then carrie74? I worry about losing one!

Please
or

carrie74 · 13/11/2018 11:23

I was worried about losing one too, but I've yet to have one fall out. Also the music stops when you remove one, so you'd know immediately.

Please
or

irunlikeahipoo · 11/01/2019 20:52

I have small ears I bought some Dr Dre beat 3 headphones but they kept falling out and actually hurt my ears so I took them back after 2 weeks and got my money back
Randomly in jjb sports chatting to the sales guy as I was buying some socks I. Mentioned how hard it was to get decent headphones and he recommended these that they had in the shop on display TREKZ AIR
WIRELESS BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONES
They were on special offer £100 from £150
So I tried a pair on and they felt ok and the sound was decent
Tried them out in the gym on the treadmill for over an hour and I was amazed
They did not move or fall out of place once I didn’t have to touch them at all
They are also Incredibly light and no aching ear afterwards
After years of buying numerous different types of headphones I can’t recommend these enough

Please
or

danni0509 · 11/01/2019 20:53

Apple air pods are fab.

Please
or

BrassicaBabe · 11/01/2019 22:48

I got some jabra elite 65t wireless ear buds for Xmas. Love love love them

Please
or

potatoscone · 11/01/2019 22:52

I want to use wireless but have the fear of my Bluetooth disconnecting and everyone in the gym hearing my Kylie Minogue circa 1988 Blush

Please
or

AuntieStella · 12/01/2019 22:42

I have the Trekz Titanium bone conducting ones, and wouldn't run in anything else now.

Not so sure how well they might stay put in the gym (depends what you're doing really)

Before going to the bone-conducting ones, I had Jam Transit Fusion ones, bought in a hurry and somewhat at random from Ocado. I thought they were really good (and excellent VFM as they are £20 rather than >£100)

Please
or

BaconPringles · 12/01/2019 22:46

AirPods are great but get a case with a clip for them - the AirPods can be tracked when lost but the charging case cannot.
Learnt the bloody hard way

Please
or
Please
or

JellyBellies · 12/01/2019 22:49

Try again!

ENACFIRE E18 Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headphones 15H Playtime 3D Stereo Sound True Wireless Earphones Earbuds with Mic Grey www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CKQHCBL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_p6MoCbARQY5MX?tag=mumsnetforum-21

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.